Kaiju Kolosseum Quarterfinal: Free-For-All

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Kaiju Kolosseum Quarterfinal: Free-For-All

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

FatBaconUnicorn
Godzilla (FW), Mecha Gomora (Salome), Ghidorah (GMK), Mothra (GMK), Guiron, Kong (2017), Gomora (Original), and Gigantis

VS

Giratina93
Godzilla (2014), Maga-Orochi, Maga-Jappa, Gorosaurus, Night Fang, Mothra (MV), Gotengo (FW), Male MUTO, Female MUTO, and Godzilla (Hanna Barbera)

VS

HillyHulk
Grande’s Red King, Dagarha, Maga-Grand King, Hyper Zetton Deathscythe, Erimaki Telesdon, Windom (Z), Mothra Imago (Heisei), Thorny Devil, Mecha Gomora (Geed), Imitation Ultraman (SR), and Imitation Ultraseven (SR)

VS

MoarCrossovers
Pedanium Zetton, Desghidorah, Hellberus, Thunder Killer, Segmeger, Gwangi, Giganotosaurus (DC2), Trilopod Alpha + Beta, Alien Barossa (Gen I), and Jikiro

VS

VoyagerGoji
Grande’s Tyrant, King Joe STORAGE Custom, Megalon, Skull Gomora, Zetton (Original), Imago Battra, Striker Eureka, Maga-Basser, Super-X, Super-X2, and Super-X3

Arena: Alien Salome Factory, Planet Cheney

Rules: No retreat.
Standard scaling rules.
Alien Barossa (Gen I) is allowed access to all the weapons he was shown using at kaiju size.
If Mothra (MV) dies, she can transfer her energy to 2014 Godzilla to turn him into Supercharged Godzilla (2019).
Combatants knocked out by EMP will be rebooted in two minutes, then remain immune to EMP for five minutes.
Mothra (GMK) can transfer her energy upon death to Ghidorah (GMK) to turn him into King Ghidorah, with Gravity Beams.

After two days have passed, please post your votes in bold. You will vote for who you think will get each place in this battle.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Re: Kaiju Kolosseum Quarterfinal: Free-For-All

Post by shippersdreamer »

Holy shit.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

Gojira2001
GPN Volunteer

Post by Gojira2001 »

Jesus I haven’t seen a cluster skreoonk match like this since Kiryu’s KBT finale.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Oh man. This’ll be great. I want to see people’s opinions before I make mine.
For Emperor and Empire!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Okay, so first of all, a few things to keep in mind..

1. The Muto's EMP means all machines not on my side are immediately down and out. That is bad enough, but then you realize all of the beams and projectiles from every direction. The Gotengo's beams, Night Fang's fireballs, Telesdon's beams, Mothra and Battra, Maga Orochi, Tyrant, and Megalon, all of that is going to be firing from every direction and carving up the battlefield. Those downed machines in the crossfire are very likely to not survive, especially the frailer ones. But then there's the big elephant in the room...

2. Desghidorah. The walking artillery tank itself, Desghidorah has nothing BUT projectiles and AOE die to offer, even if most of its firepower is rather middling. But then there is the Pyre Road, which is guaranteed death for any poor downed mech caught in the crossfire and falls into Hell. This is especially damning if this happens to an otherwise powerful entity like Mecha-Gomora or King Joe...

Actual thoughts to be posted later on, when I have a laptop to use and not a phone.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

First, a video for the Geed version of Mecha Gomora: https://youtu.be/4vKR_yKH3kA

It would be unfair of me to post an absolute mammoth of a match like this and expect y’all to deliberate on it without being able to give my own opinion on it.

So for starters, Gira’s MUTOs knock out every machine except the Gotengo. That’s two minutes for everyone else without machines. I don’t think anyone will need to worry about their mecha getting EMP’d again, the MUTOs probably aren’t making it out of the first two minutes alive. So, here is how I see this being by the end of the first two minutes, or at least the most likely scenario.

Godzilla (FW) and Mecha Gomora (Salome) (and maybe King Ghidorah (GMK)) VS Supercharged MV Godzilla, Maga-Orochi, and HB Godzilla VS Grande’s Red King, Maga-Grand King (or perhaps not, if its beam resistance is apparently something that needs to be activated...), Hyper Zetton Deathscythe (unless Pedanium Zetton isn’t affected enough by EMP to teleport after him), Thorny Devil, and Mecha Gomora (Geed) VS Pedanium Zetton, Desghidorah, Hellberus, and Thunder Killer VS Grande’s Tyrant, King Joe STORAGE Custom (maybe), and Skull Gomora

Gigantis and OG Gomora are tough for kaiju of their tier, but with the absolute shitstorm of beams and projectiles that’s gonna fly, they ain’t making it super long. Night Fang and Maga-Jappa could make it to this point, but I think it’s more likely the former’s nightmare screams and the latter’s stench are going to get them ganged up on and murdered. Dagarha got boned by Hilly using an item to change the battlefield to a barren desert, and Heisei Mothra won’t do well if the Male MUTO or MV Mothra latches onto her. Same with Battra.

From then on? Obviously, Bacon and Voyager’s teams will be the first two to fall, but which one goes down first? It would depend on if GMK King Ghidorah made it. Mecha Gomora (Salome) and Grande’s Tyrant should be about even. FW Godzilla can handle either King Joe or Skull Gomora, but not both at once, he’d need to have someone to back him up and at least distract. And if Bacon and Voyager’s remnants don’t even go anywhere near each other, obviously having a shield that’s also a potent blast and a good set of beams and flight will be vital for keeping them in longer than Voyager’s.

And I can’t see GMK Ghidorah lasting that long. He’s tougher than most people give him credit for but I don’t see him surviving to this point.

The Thorny Devil will just get flipped over and murdered. Grande’s Red King does not handle powerful beams well, and the other teams have those in spades. Hyper Zetton Deathscythe does not last long if Pedanium Zetton sets his sight on him, and just generally won’t be well off if a powerhouse catches him. Maga-Grand King, as revealed by Moar last round, can’t protect itself while firing his Perforation Ray, and in a free for all that does not bode well. Mecha Gomora (Geed) is strong, but not strong enough to handle all that will come its way here to take the ultimate victory.

Which leaves Gira and Moar. And I think I ultimately lean Gira, for having Supercharged MV and Maga-Orochi. They will both be on death’s door, especially if one of them was the one to pop Segmeger in the first two minutes, hell one of them will probably die, but I see the last monster standing belong to Gira.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

FatBaconUnicorn is the first to fall. Besides Ghidorah and Mecha Gomora, he doesn't have the manpower to keep up with everyone else. Maybe Ghidorah can do some damage with his shield attack, but he'll die shortly after.

Voyager goes next for the same reason but does last a little longer thanks to Skull Gomora's multiple fireballs and the Super X energy absorption and freezing.

Giratina's team is one that has a major strength of multiple status ailments. Nightmare Inducement, Jappa's stench, the emps working on everyone's team, they all are a major asset in a single team fight. In a free for all, it's going to paint a big target on the backs of his team (especially with a powerful secondary leader in Maga-Orochi). Maga Orochi and Burning Godzilla will last the longest thanks to the heat of Godzilla and regeneration of Orochi, but they're likely to fall from getting attacked from multiple angles.

I did not think about the environment, instead focusing on the numbers, and did indeed screw over Dagahra by taking away potential water so he'll need to rely on his speed to survive. Red King's strength, Grand King's durability, Deathscythe's teleportation, and the combined reflecting moves from Mothra and Telesdon should carry me far. Unfortunately, the environment is going to be littered by beams and Red King will get hit eventually as well as Grand King getting his weakness exploited. From then on, I lose with the others not being able to keep up the pace.

I see Moar winning this. With the durability of some members of the team and just about everyone having some kind of ability having some use here (hypnosis, beam absorption, being able to make a clone by stealing dna in an area where there's plenty (lord help the other teams if he gets Maga-Orochi since the chaotic battle should allow it), etc.), this is the team best armed for this environment.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:36 am, edited 8 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I agree mostly with Hilly. I see Bacon going down first, with myself falling shortly after. The battle between Hilly, Gira and Moar? I’ll expand upon this later.
HillyHulk wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:21 pm Maga Orochi and Burning Godzilla will last the longest thanks to the heat of Godzilla and regeneration of Orochi, but they're likely to fall from getting attacked from multiple angles.
Just like to mention that when GvR means ‘Supercharged MV’, he means that 2014 Goji turns into 2019 Goji, unless I am mistaken.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Ho-holy SKREEONK! If TohoKingdom had a legit Super Bowl, you guys realize this would be selling so many tickets you’d be RICH, right?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:43 pm I agree mostly with Hilly. I see Bacon going down first, with myself falling shortly after. The battle between Hilly, Gira and Moar? I’ll expand upon this later.
HillyHulk wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:21 pm Maga Orochi and Burning Godzilla will last the longest thanks to the heat of Godzilla and regeneration of Orochi, but they're likely to fall from getting attacked from multiple angles.
Just like to mention that when GvR means ‘Supercharged MV’, he means that 2014 Goji turns into 2019 Goji, unless I am mistaken.
Well, the transformation needs Mothra to die to activate it just like the movie and the Supercharged thing was an accident (GVR said so at some point), so I figured that's what it meant.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I almost worry this is going to overshadow the finale lmfao. How is two powerful teams fighting supposed to top this?
VoyagerGoji wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Specifically referring to 2019 after getting nuked by Serizawa.
KWCE Administrator

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:52 pm Ho-holy SKREEONK! If TohoKingdom had a legit Super Bowl, you guys realize this would be selling so many tickets you’d be RICH, right?
But everyone would be let down because of the EMP. Most of the combatants would be knocked out or dead by the time the EMP is over. If the EMP didn’t come into play, this fight would be a whole of a lot more crazy.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Listing base 2019 Godzilla as a transformation was a mistake, because I misremembered and thought Godzilla was way more powerful in the Antarctica fight than he was against the MUTOs
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:57 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:52 pm Ho-holy SKREEONK! If TohoKingdom had a legit Super Bowl, you guys realize this would be selling so many tickets you’d be RICH, right?
But everyone would be let down because of the EMP. Most of the combatants would be knocked out or dead by the time the EMP is over. If the EMP didn’t come into play, this fight would be a whole of a lot more crazy.
At least everyone who complained about Godzilla 2014 being too dark will take back their sentiments after that.

That, and you guys would still make a whole lotta money. :lol:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

WAIT. I just had a crazy thought. This is probably a silly question, but would King Joe STORAGE’s energy barrier be able to protect it from the EMP? The description for an EMP labels it as a “High Intsenity Surge of Energy”. So... I don’t really know.
For Emperor and Empire!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

So now that I am back on my laptop...

As I was saying before, the MUTO's EMP is going to down every machine that is not on my side, and those machines are all in massive jeopardy of being caught in the crossfire and getting blown up. The two mecha Gomoras and Pedanium Zetton will be the likely survivors by the 2 minute mark, with the rest just not being tough enough to withstand all that firepower, and again, if Desghidorah's Pyre Road has one of those in the crossfire, it's curtains for the poor mecha that falls down into the abyss. So, it's going to be a very bad time to be a machine at the start of this match.

Then, we add in the likely casualties who will perish in the opening moments, the frail entities or those with no defense to deal with the beams and firepower thrown at them. Here are the monster who are almost guaranteed to perish:

Super X trilogy
Striker Eureka
Imago Battra
Gwangi
Giga
Trilopods
Alien Barossa
Jiriko
Windom
Mothra Heisei (Remember, she likes to fly up close first, then use her powder on a specific target. By the time she'll get into position to deploy the powder, she might just get lit up by someone)
Thorny Devil
Gorosaurus
Mothra (MV)
Gotengo
Female Muto
Mothra (GMK)
Ghidorah (GMK)
Guiron
Kong
Gomora

That is a LOT of guys who are almost guaranteed to be dead within the first two minutes of combat. These are those who at least have a solid 50/50chance of perishing:

Maga Basser
Male Muto
Hyper Zetton Deathscythe
Zetton
Maga Grand King
Megalon
Segmeger
Thunder Killer
Hellberus
Telesdon
Maga Jappa
Red King (Remember, he does NOT take beams well, and with all the beams and stuff flying around, he might just get put 20 feet under)

From there, things simplify out. As others have said, FatBacon and Voyager are very likely to be the first ones to go down, with FatBacon first given how frail his lackeys are and the fact his strongest fighter will be down and out for two minutes. Voyager lasts longer, but with his own strongest fighter EMP'd off the bat, that won't be doing him any favors.

Now, I know it's been said that Maga Jappa and Night Fang are likely going to cause everyone to beeline for them, and for Night Fang I can kinda see that with his Nightmare ability. However, I think Pedanium Zetton and Hyper Zetton Deathscythe are more likely to draw everyone's ire first, given their teleporting antics and fireball spam, and we all know how well that went for them in my match against UD. Maga Jappa's stench isn't as... well, obvious to pinpoint the cause of as what the Zettons will be doing, as Maga Jappa just kinda does it passively, so it could take the other monsters a while to realize who is stinking up the place. Night Fang is pretty durable and has flight, so I expect him to be able to last a bit, but if he gets ganged up on, he'll likely perish.

Once the dust has largely settled, I expect the final monster standing to look something like:

Team Gira: Supercharged Godzilla, Maga Orochi, HB Godzilla
Hillyhulk: Dagahra, Mecha Gomora
Moar: Desghidorah (if by some ungodly reason Alien Barossa survives to this point, I'll be shocked)

Desghidorah I see being the first one of the survivors to go down, as being a stationary gun deployment spamming constant fireballs everywhere is going to quickly earn him the ire of everyone remaining. He'll get beaten into a coma, and he just lacks the firepower to do much of anything to stop it.

Dagahra without water is just a less effective Desghidorah. He's tanky but... not exactly DANGEROUS, per say. He's in for hell, and he won't be enjoying it.

That just leave Mecha Gomora as the last one standing. Geed Gomora is a potent fighter, but he's not as dangerous as UG Mecha Gomora, and I can see any one of my crew being able to hold him off until reinforcements arrive. and they will, given that Supercharged Godzilla is likely going to come into play very fast, and Maga Orochi is just nigh untouchable. If Maga orochi was able to just run through Orb's usual finishers without a care in the world, there's not much beams or projectiles from the likes of Mothra and Battra, Telesdon, or Hyper Zetton Deathscythe will be doing to him aside from basically bouncing off of him. It's going to take A LOT of firepower to put down any of my big three tanks individually, and unlike Desghidorah who's only hope is "pulse away and pray", Maga Orochi is going to be throwing and hurling anyone who gets close to him away either with his bare hands or blasting them with his beam, and both Supercharged Godzilla and HB Godzilla aren't slouches either. They'll be wounded when they are the last ones standing, they'll be bleeding and exhausted, but I do see them being able to eventually come out with a victory, even if it's damn close.

EDIT: On second thought, Mecha-Gomora on FatBacon's side is his saving grace from being eliminated. I can easily see him making it into the final bunch, which means poor Voyager is doomed to be the first to go down. A battle between the two Mecha Gomoras would be a sight to behold...
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

This vid does a much better job of showing off Mecha Gomora (Salome) than the last one I posted, 14 minutes in: https://youtu.be/qmtj1je7mAk

And I will at least say that I am now unable to personally decide between Bacon and Voyager. Because the Mecha Gomora on Bacon’s team can literally ignore Rei’s Gomora’s Super Oscillatory Wave. And not through a special ability like Tyrant, he just flat out does not care about getting hit by it.
KWCE Administrator

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Damn this match is complete chaos. All I can say is that Bacon's getting taken out first. Pound for pound, his team just doesn't match up to the other combatants present and probably won't make it past the 2 minute mark. I think it's gonna come down to Gira, Moar and Hilly. Between those three I haven't the faintest clue right now as to who would win.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Well this is complete chaos. The EMP will knock out the Super X trio, Grand King, both Mecha-Gomora, Segmer, Striker Euruka, King Joe & Windom. Which leaves me completey open. I do believe that my Mecha-Gomora will live past the two minute mark, earning himself immunity from the EMP. GMK Mothra will go down fast but that will just power up GMK Ghidorah into King Ghidorah. I think that Voyager's team (Tyrant, Megalon, Battra, Maga-Bassar, Skull Gomora & Zetton) will be even more open than my time though. The Super-X trio, King Joe & Striker are all down by the EMP. Megalon, Battra & Maga-bassar aren't gonna last long during the barrage of beams of power houses in the area, leaving Tyrant, Skull Gomora & Zetton alone. The three are strong don't get me wrong but they will fall eventually during the chaos. So I believe that Voyager will go down first with most of his team being destroyed quickly, the machines being destroyed while the EMP affects them and his powerhouses falling to the likes of Gira, Moar & Hilly.

I think that I will be the next to fall. Kong, Gomora, King Ghidorah, Guiron & Gigantis will fight with their all but they will most likely go down around the same time Voyager's team does. King Ghidorah & Gomora might be able to last a bit longer with FW Godzilla & Mecha-Gomora. But eventually the pair will fall and leave my team leaders alone. I can see my Mecha-Gomora being the last to stand among my squad. And maybe getting into a fight with the other leaders before being destroyed.

Now the real trick is who wins this chaotic bloodbath. Which I still have no idea. Leaning towards Gira rn but we'll see. I think I can at least get fourth with my two leaders. I know I can't get into the top three due to the amount of powerhouses but I can hold my own. Plenly on all three teams that will die during the first 7 minutes but they have both numbers and strength.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Voting Bacon as last, Me as fourth, Hilly as third, Gira as Second and Moar as first.
For Emperor and Empire!