What's going on in the G2K timeline nowadays?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

What's going on in the G2K timeline nowadays?

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Inspired by these two threads:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26864
viewtopic.php?t=26843

What do you think has happened ever since the events of Godzilla 2000?

Do you think other monsters have appeared? Has humanity accepted Godzilla?

Pure fun speculation.
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What's going on in the G2K timeline nowadays?

Post by Zarm »

Godzilla is probably continuing his reign of destruction; though the G2K universe doesn't seem as militarized as its successors for some reason, some form of anti-Godzilla unit has probably formed. However, the discovery of Organizer G-1, and the fame of the GPN, has probably given both Shinoda and humanity in general a leg up. I would suspect that he's used his platform to advocate research into the connection between Godzilla and power sources. Using the network and this research, Godzilla's rampages have been blunted, the damage kept minimal, and the anti-G force has remained a fairly small and less army-like force, or dealing with Godzilla and trying to drive him back when the 'get out of his way' method isn't working- and utilizing what they know of his cells, they may have some effective deterrents.

I would suspect this might be more like latter showa; Godzilla has a wary detente with Godzilla, managing him in a semi-stable situation- and he shows up whenever new kaiju crop up to fight.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Zarm wrote:Godzilla is probably continuing his reign of destruction; though the G2K universe doesn't seem as militarized as its successors for some reason, some form of anti-Godzilla unit has probably formed. However, the discovery of Organizer G-1, and the fame of the GPN, has probably given both Shinoda and humanity in general a leg up. I would suspect that he's used his platform to advocate research into the connection between Godzilla and power sources. Using the network and this research, Godzilla's rampages have been blunted, the damage kept minimal, and the anti-G force has remained a fairly small and less army-like force, or dealing with Godzilla and trying to drive him back when the 'get out of his way' method isn't working- and utilizing what they know of his cells, they may have some effective deterrents.

I would suspect this might be more like latter showa; Godzilla has a wary detente with Godzilla, managing him in a semi-stable situation- and he shows up whenever new kaiju crop up to fight.
Wary detente?
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Essentially, they know that this arrangement could break at any time, so it's not like they're ever at peace about it... but for now, it works; they can
t destroy him, they can't make him stop coming, but they can minimize the impact, and right now that's better than upsetting the status quo by trying to destroy him and bringing his wrath down on them in full force. So they keep an uneasy eye on him and let things keep on the way they are for the time being... particularly as kaiju threats mankind can't handle keep popping up.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Zarm wrote:No, a detente in which they are wary.
Don't worry, I corrected.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I can see this universe's humanity evolving in health and energy due to discoveries found in Orgnizer G-1 and Godzilla in general, mankind might be still against Godzilla, but accepting their fate of having him for a long time, you know, like nuclear energy in real life.
Maybe this world might become a modernized Showa-like world.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Probably about the same as the beginning of Godzilla 2000 or maybe that Megaguirus universe, with Godzilla being the only monster and making only occasional appearances. Far from the world of monsters in the Kiryu saga, Showa series, or Heisei series.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren