Kaiju Kolosseum Boss 1: Giratina93 vs MOGUERA

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Kaiju Kolosseum Boss 1: Giratina93 vs MOGUERA

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Giratina93
Godzilla (2014), Gwangi, and Gorosaurus

VS

MOGUERA

Arena: Yakushima

Rules: No retreat.
Standard scaling rules.

Please, post your votes in bold after two days, until then just post arguements and reasoning.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Kaiju Kolosseum Boss 1: Giratina93 vs MOGUERA

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Okay, I feared the worst, but thankfully it is not the worst. Now don't get me wrong, Moguera is still going to do a number to my team, namely sending Gorosaurus packing if not outright killing him, and doing a number to Gwangi, but thankfully the overall durability of my team and the physical prowess of all three reptiles means they can outlast Moguera and rip him apart. G14 especially will be Robo-Penguin's demise once he gets his hands on the robot. Moguera really doesn't have much of anything to put down G14 fast enough, and no matter who Mogs targets first, there's going to be at least two dinosaurs breathing down his neck and ripping into him. And actually, watching Mog's second fight vs Spacegodzilla again, once the fight transitioned to land, Spacegodzilla basically just stood and let Moguera land the spiral grenades and the chest laser on him, and only retaliated once the drill nose drew blood. Gwangi, Gorosaurus, and G14 won't be anywhere near as passive when the fight begins...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I don't see this going as well for Gira considering Moguera is the upgrade to Super Mechagodzilla, a weapon that would have killed a Godzilla if it weren't for Rodan giving him his energy. You say he doesn't have anything that will put down 2014, when his entire arsenal is made to kill or put down Godzilla. The Spiral Grenade Missile is the deadliest weapon he has, and it'll most likely annihilate your monsters if it hits. This is a missile specifically made to drill into a monster and explode from the inside. I don't think any of your monsters will survive something like that happening to them. And before you say they will dodge it cause they aren't heisei monsters, when did we ever see 2014 Godzilla dodging any missiles? We also can't forget the beam attacks that were strong enough to knock over Heisei Godzilla. If they are strong enough to knock him over, it's strong enough to knock over all three of your dinos. One last thing to bring up, Yuki is most likely piloting Moguera with his team. That means his priority target will be Godzilla, and once your heavy hitter is gone, the rest are history.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Nagoda wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:51 pm I don't see this going as well for Gira considering Moguera is the upgrade to Super Mechagodzilla, a weapon that would have killed a Godzilla if it weren't for Rodan giving him his energy. You say he doesn't have anything that will put down 2014, when his entire arsenal is made to kill or put down Godzilla. The Spiral Grenade Missile is the deadliest weapon he has, and it'll most likely annihilate your monsters if it hits. This is a missile specifically made to drill into a monster and explode from the inside. I don't think any of your monsters will survive something like that happening to them. And before you say they will dodge it cause they aren't heisei monsters, when did we ever see 2014 Godzilla dodging any missiles? We also can't forget the beam attacks that were strong enough to knock over Heisei Godzilla. If they are strong enough to knock him over, it's strong enough to knock over all three of your dinos. One last thing to bring up, Yuki is most likely piloting Moguera with his team. That means his priority target will be Godzilla, and once your heavy hitter is gone, the rest are history.
There are problems with your theory. On paper, Moguera is meant to be SMG's successor, but in practice, the mechanical penguins doesn't quite live up to that, and feels more like a budget downgrade. The oh so powerful spiral missiles did jack all to Spacegodzilla himself, a monster with durability around on par with what we see out of LPG. Will LPG like getting slammed by the Spiral Grenade Missiles? Not really, they're going to hurt, but he's not going to die to them. And that's ignoring the fact it takes time to prepare and deploy them, time that again Spacegodzilla just stood there and watched like a dumbass as they prepared and fired at him. In that period of time, LPG will be up in Moguera's face, and the other two dinosaurs will be gnawing and kicking away at him. There's also the very minor detail of LPG IS NOT HEISEI GODZILLA. He doesn't fight like him, he doesn't act like him, and he's generally more sturdy and physically oriented than him. if Moguera's pilots expect his weaponry to put LPG face first into the ground, they are in for a rude awakening as he either keeps his balance and keeps charging, or does indeed get bowled over, but gets right back up to fight like LPG against Ghidorah in Antarctica.

Also, what DIDN'T knock over Heisei Godzilla? Every other generic heisei beam flung around in the series was enough to either stagger Heisei Godzilla or send him toppling over. Moguera's eye lasers doing that shows they're weapons that aren't to be ignored, but I don't see LPG suffering a similar fate, given the fact that on land, Moguera only used them when disengaging from Spacegodzilla, or in the air, and even then, they didn't topple over Spacegodzilla, who just kinda didn't give a shit about most of that Moguera was throwing at him.

Lastly, targeting LPG is the BEST case scenario for my team, since that's firepower not being used to blow Gorosaurus's head off or keep Gwangi at bay. LPG CAN and WILL be able to withstand what Moguera sends at him, especially given how we see Moguera fights, and that's going to be a death sentence for the mecha as everyone else closes in and starts tearing the machine apart.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

I don't see this going well for Gira's time either because well, MOUGERA's pretty damn tough. It was meant to combat Godzilla and while true 2014 Godzilla isn't the one MOUGERA was designed for, I don't think there's enough differences that the machine can't still incapacitate Godzilla rather easily. There's also that Gorosaurus and Gwangi pretty much have absolutely nothing they can do against MOUGERA"s firepower. If either of them even get touched by the Spiral Grenade they're pretty much taken out of the action.

That and MOUGERA does actually have some melee capabilities, and I don't think Godzilla would appreciate his gills literally being drilled into by the machine, assuming that Godzilla can get close to the machine because its tank treads mean that it's going to be zipping around the battlefield, and none of Gira's monsters are particularly fast or anything. With the Plasma Laser Canon, the Eye beams, the drill head, the spiral grenades, I just don't see how 2014 Godzilla, Gorosaurus, and Gwangi are going to take down the ultimate Anti-Godzilla weapon in the Heisei series.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Giratina93 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 pm There are problems with your theory. On paper, Moguera is meant to be SMG's successor, but in practice, the mechanical penguins doesn't quite live up to that, and feels more like a budget downgrade. The oh so powerful spiral missiles did jack all to Spacegodzilla himself, a monster with durability around on par with what we see out of LPG. Will LPG like getting slammed by the Spiral Grenade Missiles? Not really, they're going to hurt, but he's not going to die to them. And that's ignoring the fact it takes time to prepare and deploy them, time that again Spacegodzilla just stood there and watched like a dumbass as they prepared and fired at him. In that period of time, LPG will be up in Moguera's face, and the other two dinosaurs will be gnawing and kicking away at him. There's also the very minor detail of LPG IS NOT HEISEI GODZILLA. He doesn't fight like him, he doesn't act like him, and he's generally more sturdy and physically oriented than him. if Moguera's pilots expect his weaponry to put LPG face first into the ground, they are in for a rude awakening as he either keeps his balance and keeps charging, or does indeed get bowled over, but gets right back up to fight like LPG against Ghidorah in Antarctica.

Also, what DIDN'T knock over Heisei Godzilla? Every other generic heisei beam flung around in the series was enough to either stagger Heisei Godzilla or send him toppling over. Moguera's eye lasers doing that shows they're weapons that aren't to be ignored, but I don't see LPG suffering a similar fate, given the fact that on land, Moguera only used them when disengaging from Spacegodzilla, or in the air, and even then, they didn't topple over Spacegodzilla, who just kinda didn't give a shit about most of that Moguera was throwing at him.

Lastly, targeting LPG is the BEST case scenario for my team, since that's firepower not being used to blow Gorosaurus's head off or keep Gwangi at bay. LPG CAN and WILL be able to withstand what Moguera sends at him, especially given how we see Moguera fights, and that's going to be a death sentence for the mecha as everyone else closes in and starts tearing the machine apart.
Alright, so if we equate LPG's durability to Spacegodzilla's, the spiral grenade will still do damage. We also need to factor in weight here. Godzilla was able to toss around the Female MUTO no problem, but the thing is, MOGUERA is almost twice Godzilla's weight. If we add in KOTM Stats here, that is still heavier than King Ghidorah, meaning the clash between the two would be pretty much even. However, unlike King Ghidorah, this force isn't being exerted across three long necks, but instead through Moguera's entire body. Add in the treads increasing Moguera's speed, plus taking out the whole Supercharge increasing his strength, Godzilla is going to be hit hard by that charge. Another thing is that King Ghidorah was pushing him back in that Antarctic fight as well. Also, going by your logic that the two have similar durabilities, that means that their weak spots are close in durability as well. We know that attacks to Godzilla's gills hurt him a lot, enough for him to show pain. IF the spiral grenades hit the gills, those gills are going to be torn to pieces, especially considering a hit by the Female Muto was enough to draw blood from the Gills. With the drill nose, that just leaves bleeding holes in his neck, something that is counterproductive to breathing. The only reason Moguera wasn't doing good in his fight against Spacegodzilla the first time was due to those Corona Beams and the fact that their main pilot was knocked out and tied up. Since 2014 doesn't use his beams that often, that takes out one of the major weak points going against MOGUERA in this fight.

Now let's consider the Plasma Maser Cannon. Like you said, Heisei was knocked over by just about every beam that hit him. However, the same goes for your Godzilla as well, since the only time we see him getting hit with beams of similar strength knocked him down every time. Considering this isn't the Supercharged form, he will be knocked down. The Gravity Beams were enough to knock him down every time they hit pre-supercharge. Sure the eye beams and other such beams aren't going to be near as strong to knock him down, but the Plasma Maser Cannon is a lot stronger than the others. Where the others were focused on rapid fire and cooldown, the Plasma Maser Cannon is more power oriented. You say he'll be able to keep his balance, but the only time he does that is when hit by a single gravity beam, or when powered up by a nuke. Once that beam knocks him over, what's stopping Moguera from continuing to fire, pushing Godzilla away from him like Ghidorah did in the Antarctic? With Godzilla out of the picture for a moment, that leaves them able to attack the other two, or target him with their other weaponry.

Another thing to consider is that the first fight with Spacegodzilla was with Yuki knocked out and tied up in the cockpit. Unlike his two fellow pilots, it was Yuki who aimed for the shoulder crystals, while the other two aimed for the chest. Yuki is a man who studies Godzilla for ways to kill him. It wouldn't take him long to notice something as sensitive as gills on his enemies neck and start aiming for them. An explosion to the gills is going to incapacitate 2014 for a while, leaving ample time for the MOGUERA crew to target the other two.

As for the other two combatants, I don't think they are going to be able to tear into MOGUERA's armor. In the case of Gwangi, beating a Styracosaurus and an Elephant are good topics, but the difference here is that flesh is not metal. If he wasn't able to break that Styracosarus's horn, he is not going to be tearing through metal any time soon. The most fragile part of MOGUERA is the Plasma Maser Cannon's dish, and that requires Gwangi rush towards MOGUERA head on, directly in the path of all those deadly weapons. Those beams and missiles are going to kill Gwangi who doesn't have the durability or regeneration of a Godzilla to back him up. As for Gorosaurus, his best feat was knocking King Ghidorah to the ground. However, that same feat was also shown in his original appearance, where King Kong was able to roll back up instantaneously, taking multiple kangaroo kicks to the chest. That kick has pushing force, but not enough to severely damage anything important. The Kangaroo Kick will knock Moguera back, but everything else in MOGUERA's arsenal can put down Gorosaurus easily. Plus as we've seen, he does not take beam attacks well.

One more aspect to bring into play, the change into Land MOGUERA and Star Falcon. Considering this transformation can take place in the sky where none of your monsters can reach, nothing short of an atomic ray would be able to stop it, and we've seen how 2014 is with his beam. Since none of your monsters can fly, the Star Falcon is at an advantage here, while the Land Moguera is good as a distraction, or to drill into some poor monster's chest or legs. Plus they handled the Corona beams far better than their combined form for some odd reason.
_______

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

You're still ignoring the fact that Moguera, as shown in the fight against Spacegodzilla, takes time to deploy his most dangerous weapons. The spiral grenade missiles especially are going to take a while to prepare and then fire, which is going to give the other monsters time to close the distance. Also, how WOULD anyone there notice to fire on the gills? Isn't it more likely they'd assume LPG has the same weakness as Heisei Godzilla (second brain nerve bundle) and try to exploit that first, only to fail? And we don't really know how much of a weakness the gills even are. All we have to go off of is the MUTO pair stabbing him, and their stabs were tearing i to him equally across his body... Also, when scaled, Gwangi is more or.less the fastest thing here on the ground, given his speed in the movie. He WILL catch up to Moguera on land, and as we saw agai st Spacegodzilla, Moguera will do the bulk of its united fighting on the ground...

I'm still sticking with Team Dino Memes. Based on how we see Moguera actuslly fight, that puts a damper on its superior firepower and makes this winnable for my team...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Yeah, I remember MM's tournament and that was JUST Godzilla vs MOGUERA. add the meme bois, and Gira easily takes this

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 pm Yeah, I remember MM's tournament and that was JUST Godzilla vs MOGUERA. add the meme bois, and Gira easily takes this
... THAT'S where it was! I was looking all over for a MV Godzilla vs Moguera matchup because I knew one had happened before, I just forgot it was a tournament match. Yes, it was KOTM Godzilla, but aside from a few feet off the top, there really isn't a difference between base KOTM Godzilla and G14 in terms of what's displayed and fighting capabilities. They're functionally the same, so what applied in that matchup and the arguments there apply here as well, just with some backup for Godzilla.

If there IS some big difference between G14 and base KOTM Godzilla that I'm not seeing aside from a slight height difference, please let me know...

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I would personally argue that 2014 G is noticeably more sluggish than base 2019, as well 2019’s beam charges much faster. He was also able to collide with MV Ghidorah and not be forced back, while 2014 was repeatedly shoved around by the MUTOs, though that may be more a compliment for them than it is an indictment of 2014.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 pm I would personally argue that 2014 G is noticeably more sluggish than base 2019, as well 2019’s beam charges much faster. He was also able to collide with MV Ghidorah and not be forced back, while 2014 was repeatedly shoved around by the MUTOs, though that may be more a compliment for them than it is an indictment of 2014.
Yeah, that's debatable. The only time I can think of KOTM Godzilla being notably faster is when he was charging at Ghidorah in Boston, and even then I'm sure that was just sped up footage based on the lightning strikes in the background. As for being pushed around by the Mutos, that I just give credit to the Muto pair due to them being specifically evolved to take down LPG: The Male Muto being able to pull him along any sort of length is a testament to how strong he is, while the female is just a naturally built battering ram as part of their strategy. If we're comparing collisions, then naturally we look at the Female Muto vs LPG, where Godzilla effortlessly stops all of her momentum and bulldozes her backwards like it's nothing. Stalemating with Ghidorah in Boston only makes sense from that perspective.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

While MOGUERA has the firepower to be dangerous here, its melee capabilities are of course seriously lacking. The drill isn't going to be enough, and when it closes in to try to use said drill like it did against Spacegodzilla, it will pay. Godzilla will lay into it, and then the dinosaurs will surround it and beat it into the mud.

Team Gira has this.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

I vote for Moguera I don't see how Gira's team will be able to destroy the war machine.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’m voting for MOGUERA. You say nobody will notice that the Gills are a weakness, when Yuki somehow figured out that Armpits are a weakness for Heisei and that Tear Gas can slow him down. Plus, that Boston Fight is with a Suped up Godzilla, as I stated before. It’s after he has been hit with a nuke and absorbed all its power. Of course he’s going to be faster and stronger when he is literally glowing and pulsing with more power then he has previously had before. Enough power mind you, that he was eventually going to explode even without Mothra there.
_______

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Nagoda wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:06 pm [Plus, that Boston Fight is with a Suped up Godzilla, as I stated before. It’s after he has been hit with a nuke and absorbed all its power. Of course he’s going to be faster and stronger when he is literally glowing and pulsing with more power then he has previously had before. Enough power mind you, that he was eventually going to explode even without Mothra there.
...*Facepalm*

Antarctica. I meant the Antarctica impact between the two. Why did I say Boston? I meant Antarctica. There, you can still feel the kinetic force between their impact thanks to the shockwave that radiates out, and the two are pretty much dead even, with the worst Godzilla suffers being... half a minute or so being yeeted into a crater before he pulls himself out. The other notable strike he takes only puts him down for a handful of seconds before he's back up and ready for more. And that's without being supercharged. If Moguera rams into him and does knock him down, he's getting back up almost immediately, like he was with the Muto Female before the Male intervened and the two dogpiled him.And if Moguera's busy running down and firing on Godzilla, that's no attention on Gorosaurus or Gwangi, and if Moguera's focused on either of them, that gives Godzilla a free chance to get in close and start tearing the machine apart. if Moguera fought like, say, Showa MG and unloaded EVERYTHING at once, then yes he could easily handle this, but that's not how we see the machine fight. It's usually one weapon at a time, and that won't be enough, especially when the spiral grenade missiles can be seen coming from a mile away due to how long they take to prepare and fire.

And... did either of those supposed weaknesses Heisei had even work in the movie? All I remember is the armpit thing panning out to literally nothing, and the tear gas mines only made Little Godzilla squeal and run. And those were after who knows how long he was on that island studying Godzilla. In the thick of the fight, I doubt he's going to be able to come up with something in time.
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Even with all of the deliberation, I still say MOGUERA wins overall. I just can't see Gwangi, Gorosaurus, and 2014 Godzilla being able to take this thing down at all.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Alright, time to break this tie.

So, let’s get this straight right off the bat. I do not think Gwangi and Gorosaurus can do anything in this fight except be meat shields and draw fire for a brief period of time. Moguera’s most basic weapons will still rip them new assholes, and even if they did survive they would still be too horrified at the thing spewing molten rays of energy at them to do much else unless Godzilla is pinning Moguera down.

However, MV Godzilla still makes me vote for Gira. I absolutely disagree with the notion of MV Godzilla being as durable as SpaceGodzilla, but he does not need to be. Moguera has the firepower to bring Godzilla down, but he does not start by immediately going all out, see the fact that they still ramped up the firepower over time against SpaceGodzilla despite knowing full well how dangerous he is.

MV Godzilla will be burnt and bloodied as hell, barely able to stand most likely, but he’ll be staring down a wrecked war machine too damaged to fight anymore. Gwangi and Gorosaurus will either be dead or nursing their gaping laser wounds and broken teeth.
KWCE Administrator