The Voyager Cup R2 - Iris vs 3 Trilopods

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

The Voyager Cup R2 - Iris vs 3 Trilopods

Post by Voyager »

Iris vs 3 Trilopods

Rules: Standard Heisei Scaling

Post your votes in bold.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Voyager Cup R2 - Iris vs 3 Trilopods

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Hmm. On one hand, the Trilopods are quite coordinated and deadly. However, they are stuck with just their base forms without Alpha’s present, which means they’ll be in for a world of hurt once Iris starts stabbing and busting out the Sonic Scalpels. And before anyone says Iris doesn’t use the Sonic Scalpels on the ground, do remember that Gamera did very little damage against Iris the whole time on the ground until the very end. We have no reason to think Iris wouldn’t use the sonic scalpels on the ground, or be more aggressive in a land battle, when actually pushed.

Abstaining for now tho, just because even without hybridizing, a trio is a trio.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Going to go with the Trilopods right now.

While Iris may have a deadly arsenal, he will be dogpiled extremely quickly. His armor isn't great, having been impaled by Gamera's hand, which means the Trilopod's appendages will slice like butter through the squid. Iris may take one or two with him, but he will be going down.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I’m actually thinking Iris. Gamera’s hand impaled a specific soft spot of Iris’ body, the armor itself was able to handle Gamera’s shell spinning into it for a few seconds and didn’t even get a scratch. As well, Iris’ Sonic Scalpels are nightmarishly powerful, they tore through the shell of a Gamera capable of reflecting Hyper Gyaos beams with his hand. Once Iris starts stabbing and using the Sonic Scalpels, I don’t see the Trilopods lasting too long against that onslaught, they’re not the most durable creatures.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

The Trilopods are a fearsome unit, relying on overwhelming the enemy and using their ability against them. The problems (ignoring the lack of alpha) is being able to use incredibly fast flight to play keep away and beams that would cut beings that aren't particularly tough in the first place. The Trilopods have projectiles but it doesn't matter when a kaiju that, while not agile midair, is too fast to have literally fighting fire with fire be reliable. My vote is Iris for this match.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

I'm tentatively siding with the Trilopods on this one. Iris is going to get rushed by the trilopods seconds after they start fighting, and while Iris has the tools to kill the trio, I highly doubt Iris will get around to actually killing all three in time before he gets chopped to pieces.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m gonna break the tie by siding with The Trilopods. They’re tough and with their teamwork, they can take out this pissed off squid.
For Emperor and Empire!