Bring rodan back.....NOW!!!

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Bring rodan back.....NOW!!!

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Title says it all
This topic is to discuss bringing rodan back as "godzillas equal" as livin corpse said. I want to see a rodan like the original that is dark brown( like he is supposed to be) and not a flimsy little flying thing.

Edit: not the flying battleship
Last edited by Beef Bigshot on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Bring rodan back.....NOW!!!

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I'm sorry, is this really enough to warrant a thread?
Beef Bigshot wrote:I WANT THE RETURN OF THE FLYING BATTLESHIP
:eh:
:lol:
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

As one of the big names, Rodan would be one to bring back. However, considering kaiju films are less profitable right now for Japan, I don't see a remake or return anytime soon. And I definately don't want an American version of Rodan.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

No, bring ANGUIRUS back!!! Only without a pig face this time!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Maybe he should have a spinoff movie, like what Rebirth of Mothra did.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

TyrantGojira wrote:Maybe he should have a spinoff movie, like what Rebirth of Mothra did.
The only thing is, Rodan really has no powers. Mothra or in the spin-off Leo had powers they can build off of. Rodan has speed and really that's it other then the Uranium Heat beam. I would love to see Rodan brought back but not in a series dedicated to him.

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

Beef Bigshot wrote: I WANT THE RETURN OF THE FLYING BATTLESHIP

dude, wait...what?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

The term used FLYING BATTLESHIP, you know when I saw that I instantly thought "The Giant Claw!" Just thinking on it now, Gotengo (Atragon) and Battleship Yamato came to mind actually.

It's been a hell of a long time since I seen Rodan did they ever refer to him as a Flying Battleship in there?
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

TyrantGojira wrote:Maybe he should have a spinoff movie, unlike what Rebirth of Mothra did.
I fixed this for everyone.
bleep bloop

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

SpaceG92 wrote:You know when I saw that I instantly thought "The Giant Claw!" and laughed. Thinking on it now, Gotengo (Atragon) and Battleship Yamato came to mind actually. It's been a serious hell long time since I seen Rodan did they ever refer to him as a Flying Battleship?

if i read this correctly...the answer is no.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Your reading it right...I should be more specific. Being up for 17-20 hours a day tends to screw with your brain. Let me edit and rephrase it.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Eh my bad I'll edit th out. I remember someone calling him that for some reason and when I was typing that, it just came to mind
Resized Image

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I don't personally think the kaiju has enough to him to warrant his own series (powers, abilities, etc), but it wouldn't exactly be impossible either, if they wanted to go for it. I'm very welcome to the monster being in future Godzilla films though.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I think Rodan would be best served by a one-off movie, basically a remake of or direct sequel to the original. No monster vs. monster business (which there's way too much of in this genre), just some straight-up sci-fi horror.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

eabaker wrote:I think Rodan would be best served by a one-off movie, basically a remake of or direct sequel to the original. No monster vs. monster business (which there's way too much of in this genre), just some straight-up sci-fi horror.
Agreed. I was gonna mention that, as I enjoyed the one in the 50's to a point. I just don't think he's entertaining or interesting enough to warrant his own series.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaDude wrote:
eabaker wrote:I think Rodan would be best served by a one-off movie, basically a remake of or direct sequel to the original. No monster vs. monster business (which there's way too much of in this genre), just some straight-up sci-fi horror.
Agreed. I was gonna mention that, as I enjoyed the one in the 50's to a point. I just don't think he's entertaining or interesting enough to warrant his own series.
Yeah, I don't really see where the requisite variety would come from in movie-after-movie centered around him.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I would be absolutely delighted to see Rodan return in a prominent film role, either in his own film or as Godzilla's equal.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Eh my bad I'll edit th out. I remember someone calling him that for some reason and when I was typing that, it just came to mind
Don't worry, you aren't going crazy. The odd nickname "The Flying Battleship" was something that Hudson Soft called him in Godzilla: Battle Legends for the Turbo Duo:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/gturbo/rodan.htm

No idea where they got the name from, but haven't seen it used outside of the game.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I wouldn't mind seeing a Rodan vs Megaguirus movie. Rodan and the giant bug would be natural enemies.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

ok the past two post are just epic ideas
Resized Image