WotW Round 4 (Loser’s Bracket): Minilla vs. Oodako

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

WotW Round 4 (Loser’s Bracket): Minilla vs. Oodako

Post by Zarm »

Match 43: Minilla vs. Oodako
A true bastion of might.

Minilla
Minilla is scaled to 20 meters and 3,000 tons. This is Minilla from the end of Son of Godzilla/start of DAM. As such, he is out of the helpless newborn stage and capable of walking, but does not have the anthromoporphization, intelligence, or tactics from All Monsters Attack, or any coaching from Godzilla. However, as if his tail was in a constant state of being stepped on, he does have access to atomic breath on command, just as Godzilla does. (And no, his smoke rings do not have any Ghidorah-strangling properties for the purposes of this match). ;)

vs.

Oodako
Oodako is an amalgam of the two versions, measuring of 27 meters and weighing 5,000 tons. Oodako defaults to his Godzilla vs. King Kong form; any qualities not demonstrated one way or another by this appearance can be assumed identical to the War of the Gargantuas form.

Arena: Mid-depth ocean (half-submerged) (Minilla is standing on a broad atoll for height purposes).

Rules: Minilla is not considered to be susceptible to drowning.

Player Bets
gzillafan17 - 2000 on Oodakoo
GodzillavsRayquaza - 850 on Minilla

Please place your votes in bold. Note, you are still voting for the winner, even though the winner will then be eliminated. Voting may now commence!
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: WotW Round 4 (Loser’s Bracket): Minilla vs. Oodako

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Zarm, that's the wrong picture, stats, and link to bio. Wrong octopus.

Anyway, unlike most of the other combatants, Oodako does not have a significant size or weight advantage over Minilla. I imagine Oodako's soft, moisture dependent flesh won't do well against the atomic breath, even if it isn't a particularly big attack. Even though we never saw them used, as he never fought anyone up close, I imagine Minya's claws would be capable of doing something to Oodako's soft flesh open, making the atomic breath even deadlier if he hits an open wound. Minya isn't capable of drowning, as said in the rules, therefore Oodako doesn't have any method of killing Minya fast enough before he is burnt and torn into by Minya/Minilla
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Zarm, that's the wrong picture, stats, and link to bio. Wrong octopus.
Tarnation! A copy/paste failure and a proofreading failure!

Fixed. Thanks!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Actually, going to go against the norm. Oodako

While Minilla has all the tools to beat Oodako, he doesn't really have experience with a PURE one vs. one. Oodako on the other hand at least fought Kong, and his strategy was to choke Kong out, which honestly wasn't a bad idea. If the octopus can squeeze Minilla and choke him out, then he actually has a really good chance at winning the battle.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Tie-breaker, anyone?

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

With the tie-breaker up to me, I have to come down in favor of Minilla. Oodakoo’s tentacles pose a threat, and if Minilla were drowning-capable, this fight might be a lot closer. Oodakoo also has the possi-bility of manhandling Minilla… but Minilla is too big to be tossed around like an islander, and too small for the kind of face-grappling/smother tactics Oodakoo tried to use on Kong. Battering and strangulation are about his only tactics… and realistically, one blast of atomic breath in the interim, and Oodakoo’s toast. (I’m actually surprised Minilla stayed on bottom so long; atomic breath’s a pretty lethal one-or-two-hit killer for most kaiju that don’t have special immunity, even at a weaker level.)

So, Minilla at long last scores a victory on his own… and most appropriately, the two kaiju frequently known only as ‘the giant octopus’ and ‘the giant condor’ to those not in the know, the two not even granted the dignity of names, get to battle it out for the final weakling slot.

Maranatha!