1954 Godzilla vs Showa Rodan

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

1954 Godzilla vs Showa Rodan

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Godzilla:
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla54.htm

vs

Rodan:
http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/rodan_showa.htm

Arena: Osaka

Rules:
Standard

Verdict: I think Rodan has a good chance here. His durability should help him take Godzilla's Atomic Ray well enough, and Shodaigoji doesn't seem as capable a melee fighter as his progeny.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Re: 1954 Godzilla vs Showa Rodan

Post by BlueGojira »

The original '54 Godzilla is very slow, and has little to zero melee attacks at all. The Showa Rodan is the complete opposite, being very fast and agile with melee. The atomic breath of the original Godzilla, however, was shown to be very explosive upon impact, destroying entire sidewalks. It was more of a flammable/explosive mist than a beam like the later Showa, Heisei, and other films. If Rodan flies too close, Godzilla could easily shoot him down or cripple him with the atomic breath and finish him from there. If Rodan manages to keep his distance, and attack from the sides or behind, he has a chance of winning. Overall, this would be a tie for me. I'll have to decide a bit more about this match.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If Rodan gets too close, G54 could bite down on him, same way G took bit down on that tower. Rodan could use that mist ray from the 56 film. But if the Showa Godzilla couldnt really take down Rodan, I dont think G54 can either. I say Rodan wins, slightly.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would concur. Rodan takes a narrow victory.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Is this the 1956 Rodan?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Breakdown wrote:Is this the 1956 Rodan?
This is the Rodan from 1964 and onwards.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kiryu2012 wrote:
Breakdown wrote:Is this the 1956 Rodan?
This is the Rodan from 1964 and onwards.
Ah alright then. Rodan narrowly wins. Had this been the 1956 Rodan, Godzilla could probably have incinerated him in 1 to 2 atomic rays.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm going to say Rodan wins for the simple fact that Showa Godzilla didn't beat Rodan and by 1964 he at least out experiences 54 Goji.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Which Rodan is this. 54 or 64? They're two different creatures. Like I've been saying all these years.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Which Rodan is this. 54 or 64? They're two different creatures. Like I've been saying all these years.
Kiryu said it is '64 Rodan up above.
Resized Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Then Rip ShodaiGoji
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Rody, as seen in The Three Headed Monster, he's got immunity of sort to Godzilla's smoggier atomic breath and that's all 54 has got.