The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by soulgodzilla »

Greyshot151 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Seriously, the Shin SHMA doesn’t even really look like him in the face anyway, pretty sure no one wants the see that thing used in a banner when there’s plenty of better images of him floating around, like that life sized statue they had on display, or the Banpresto prize figure.

You need a lot of practice, and using the SHMA is just gonna ruin any banner, no matter how talented you are.
You'd be surprised how much photoshop can correct an image. I've had some HORRIBLE images turned good with a little work, but speaking of awesome banners and matches, might want to check the main site!! :huge:
Exactly, just because you have an image of a figure doesn’t mean you can change it make it look better.

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
And hey, its Landon’s banner that made it through the last banner contest.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I like the new match and the amount of information talked about different timelines and such. Also I enjoyed how much of an Asshole Megaguirus was in the match. That ending makes me look forward to Zone Fighter vs Ultraseven now.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

What happened in the Futurian timeline? Did most of the scrapped Heisei movies happen, while the ones we got, didn't?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltimateDitto wrote:What happened in the Futurian timeline? Did most of the scrapped Heisei movies happen, while the ones we got, didn't?
I also think there's a line that implies the Showa era happened as well. So, yeah, they got the fun timeline.

RIP Evan.

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

Footsteps attracted Moll’s attention once more as two figures stopped next to her. The aged captain of the U.S.S. Cowpens stood undeterred by the chaos while he spoke to a younger man of seemingly Japanese descent. The young man’s mouth moved quickly, spouting words that Moll’s ears seemed to disregard. His face continued to enhance with worry with every second, trying desperately to convey a message until Moll could make out a single word as he gradually exited her shocked state. A word the young man continued to scream as azure, alien armor overtook the young man’s body.

Seven.

Seven.

Sevennnnnn

SEVENNNNNNN

SEVEN! SEVEN! SEVEN!

SEVEN! SEVEN! SEVEN!

Inb4 Ultraseven actually has nothing to do with the next matches Greyshot makes
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:What happened in the Futurian timeline? Did most of the scrapped Heisei movies happen, while the ones we got, didn't?
I also think there's a line that implies the Showa era happened as well. So, yeah, they got the fun timeline.
I can answer this!

Normal Timeline - All the movies happened. Showa, Heisei and Millennium except Megaguirus & GMK. Also, most damage is minimized so Final wars is more a minor raid then global devastation.
Spoiler:
So Wilson's timeline is the "Scrapped" version. Essentially, he went back in time to the wrong reality. Think DBZ with Trunks. Same timeline, but slightly different things happened. Infact, the person who dies in the opening paragraphs is the normal timeline's Wilson for those that caught it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Match 245: Mothra Leo vs Mecha-King Ghidorah vs Megaguirus - 9,907 words(discounting the "continued from match 225")

So does anyone want to tell Wilson that Godzillasaurus is retired and he'll never be able to get the fight he wants?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

fanofstuff wrote:So does anyone want to tell Wilson that Godzillasaurus is retired and he'll never be able to get the fight he wants?
I’ll let him know the good sad news of his retirement.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

soulgodzilla wrote:
fanofstuff wrote:So does anyone want to tell Wilson that Godzillasaurus is retired and he'll never be able to get the fight he wants?
Spoiler:
Fight? He took down Godzillasaurus with a few energy blasts. It wasn't a battle, it was a slaughter... well, until the female showed up and ruined everything. :lol:

But yeah, honestly if you ever wanted my opinion on how strong Godzillasaurus is, this match pretty much represents my thoughts. A normal dinosaur that wouldn't fare well against human weaponry. ESPECIALLY future tech.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Greyshot151 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
Spoiler:
Fight? He took down Godzillasaurus with a few energy blasts. It wasn't a battle, it was a slaughter... well, until the female showed up and ruined everything. :lol:

But yeah, honestly if you ever wanted my opinion on how strong Godzillasaurus is, this match pretty much represents my thoughts. A normal dinosaur that wouldn't fare well against human weaponry. ESPECIALLY future tech.
Given that it died to a battalion of normal soldiers, you wouldn't be far off.

This was a fun fight with an
Spoiler:
interesting aspect of the protagonist's desire to fix things actually worsening matters thanks to messing with the space-time contiuum. This is why you don't mess with time: time is not meant to be changed or you just screw things up even worse then they already would've been.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the match. I originally wrote this match when the original Captain America came out for context and gave it an overhaul to bring it to modern KWC standards over the last 6 months. This, as well as my KWC matches going forward, I wanted to give more weight and exploring Wilson Chuck's struggle was a fun, if not depressing, experience. Woohoo!

Out of everything, the final talk between Lora, Moll & Wilson was a ton of fun to write coming second only to Wilson in general. Making him more than the 1 note villain by exploring everything he went though I hope made him more of a sympathetic character, especially with his almost "redemption" at the end. Lastly, PTSD Moll for the win am I right? :freak:

Anyway, last thing I wanted to say was trivia. So I usually give all of my matches a simple title. This is for my own sanity or to make it easy to remember what happens in each chapter. For instance:
Match 225: Legion vs. Mechagodzilla vs. Grand King Ghidorah - Resurgence of Terror
Match 245: Mothra Leo vs. Mecha-King Ghidorah vs. Megaguirus - Battles of Future's Past
Match 25X: XXXX XXXXXXX XX XXXXXXXXXX - Tears of Regret

Also, keep your eyes peeled as 245 won't be the last match of the month and while the monsters in it are not Turkey's, I can definitely say they would probably taste great if deep fried :lol:
—Epsilon

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Greyshot151 wrote:Also, keep your eyes peeled as 245 won't be the last match of the month and while the monsters in it are not Turkey's, I can definitely say they would probably taste great if deep fried :lol:
But what about the roasted Bemstar?! Sure its no Birdon, but at least its something more tasty then cooked insects and a hydra that doesnt have enough flesh! :evil:
Jk...
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

Rodan vs Gyaos at long last...
I wonder whose take on it it will be.
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Saltmons wrote:Rodan vs Gyaos at long last...
I wonder whose take on it it will be.
Not only that, but whose take will it be on Rodan Vs Megaguirus?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Greyshot

You have had command of the KWC for 3 years. 3 bloody years

Yet you have failed neigh worse than failure. You have the power to green-light the ultimate match-up of our time Godzilla and Kiryu Vs. Giant Doctor Serizawa

A two way street of revenge and rematches. Yet it is not yet on our illustrious board's main page

You bring us great shame

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ROMG4 wrote:Greyshot

Yet you have failed neigh worse than failure. You have the power to green-light the ultimate match-up of our time Godzilla and Kiryu Vs. Giant Doctor Serizawa

A two way street of revenge and rematches. Yet it is not yet on our illustrious board's main page

You bring us great shame
I counter and ask, have you read this KWC? Because if not then you are WELCOME! :lol: https://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/kw ... h_195.html
—Epsilon

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Greyshot151 wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:Greyshot

You bring us great shame
I counter and ask, have you read this KWC? Because if not then you are WELCOME! :lol: https://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/kw ... h_195.html

Still need the great Doctor :P
Last edited by ROMG4 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Three questions.

1. Would a match that focuses on a giant military conflict (between Toho created factions, of course), with some kaiju involved, be acceptable?

2. Aside from the one-sidedness rule, how funny can matches be? Like to what extent can they get rediculous or surreal?

3. Can I be credited with my TK name rather than my real name?
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Three questions.

1. Would a match the focuses on a giant military conflict (between Toho created factions, of course), with some kaiju involved, be acceptable?
I don't see why not, it's more of a small scale thing, but I am writing a match where two militaries fight. Just as long as some monsters fight, or even a mech and a monster like, for example, Moguera vs Gigan where the Nebulans fight Japan alongside Gigan while the military defends with Moguera.
KaijuCanuck wrote: 2. Aside from the one-sidedness rule, how funny can matches be? Like to what extent can they get rediculous or surreal?
Not too sure, let's see what Greyshot the Wise has to say ;) . I do remember him saying something about that though, but I cannot remember what he said.
KaijuCanuck wrote: 3. Can I be credited with my TK name rather than my real name?
IIRC, you can't use your username, but I know one or two writers use pen names so you don't have to be credited with your real name.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Thanks GvZ! You hit 1 on the money but for:

2) You can put comedy into a fight, and you can have a one-sided battle (take a look at Gezora vs. Gamera for example), but I would draw the line at a pure, satire/comedy match where everything is a joke.

3) Yeah, send me a Pen name and you'll be all set! Its actually a pretty common thing for writers on the site :huge:
—Epsilon