Most Popular Sections & Pages on Toho Kingdom (Feb. 2014)

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Most Popular Sections & Pages on Toho Kingdom (Feb. 2014)

Post by Arbok »

Figured this might be a fun or at least eye opening exercise. Basically, although for many years we never bothered with analytic tracking too heavily (we used something other than Google Analytics for a long time) I have become more active in it, in part due to work and other factors that lead me to use it outside of Toho Kingdom.

Anyway, just thought this might be fun to share, and something that like the most popular board themes I might pop in and update down the road to see if the data has changed. While I personally had a pretty good idea on the top ten sections, the individual pages surprised me. That said, here are the most popular sections and pages of the site by traffic (excluding the forums) through February 2014:

Top Ten Sections
1. Monster Bios
2. Toys and Collectibles
3. Live Action Movie List
4. Video Games
5. Comic Books
6. Kaiju War Chronicles (K.W.C.)
7. Cutting Room
8. Aliens, SDF & Misc.
9. DVDs
10. Concept Art

Top Ten Pages
1. Godzilla Movie Listing
2. Godzilla: Unleashed - Characters
3. Toho Kingdom Toons (TK Toons)
4. K.W.C. - Roster Statistics
5. Godzilla vs. Biollante
6. Godzilla [Heisei]
7. Godzilla: Final Wars
8. Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)
9. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
10. Godzilla [Showa]
If it bites... don't mess with it!

tymon
Futurian

Re: Most Popular Sections & Pages on Toho Kingdom (Feb. 2014

Post by tymon »

Interesting stats. Figured DVDs would have been higher (that's definitely the page I've gone to most), but the rest isn't too surprising.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Actually not too surprised by this. Everything I figured would be popular on the sections is there with the specials in my mind being The Cutting Room and Concept Art. For the top ten pages however I did not expect everything. The KWC I kinda get along with the films but whats with Unleashed being popular? That shocked me a little.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I'm surprised interest in Biollante continues to be that high, even if it's based on page visits over longer periods of time instead of the last month, etc. I mean of ALL the Godzilla movies, even if it wasn't on DVD for a long time, to still be the most visited page of the Godzilla films. Hmm. Really too bad then that it wasn't more successful originally.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Good to see the section that lured me into this place some time in elementary school still is the top. Hell, I'll still check in the Monster Bios section now and again.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

You too? The monster bios were how I discovered TK back in the day. Didn't join the forum till much later.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

I was always sad because Godzilla Unleashed was not as good as it's hype. :( All that work Chris55 did and others felt pointless.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Chris55 wrote:Holy shit that was SO MUCH WORK. Ugh. Wanted to quit that project like 10 times.
We'll it was quality work non the less and why I am sure many can't wait for March ;)
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Jomei wrote:I think we could do more with our toys and collectibles coverage, and we have a ton of knowledgeable folks on the forums who could contribute. Legion1979's catalog of Bandai Ultra figures and his extensive commentary on Gigabrain's line of vinyl figures are the type of unique, in-depth content we could add--if people are interested in contributing that kind of thing.
Agreed, but I'm not sure if they would put Ultraman or any other non-Toho stuff on the main site.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

^Gothca. Yeah, that kind of extensive work would be great for the site.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Kind of shocked to see the KWC at number 6 everything else is dead on though.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Jomei wrote:I think we could do more with our toys and collectibles coverage, and we have a ton of knowledgeable folks on the forums who could contribute. Legion1979's catalog of Bandai Ultra figures and his extensive commentary on Gigabrain's line of vinyl figures are the type of unique, in-depth content we could add--if people are interested in contributing that kind of thing.
I strongly vote we get Legion1979's Gigabrain Spotlights on the main site.