The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Hey a Trilopod match! It's about time a creative Kaiju like this got some attention again. Awesome banner to an awesome match.
Spoiler:
Enjoyed all the Trilopod variants especially the Biollante one and felt Godzilla really was on the ropes at times in this match, a true struggle to win but made all the more triumphant at the end.
Last edited by godjacob on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Nice to see the Battra and Anguirus Trilopods I made be put to use in a banner.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Still need to read the new match, but based on the writer, should easily be worth the wait. As for the banner, I think this is a case of the original components being stronger than the final product.

The hybrid-trilopods are all fantastic, especially the Biollante trilopod which is absolutely gorgeous. My main complaint is how they are placed in the actual banner. The Anguirus-pod is kinda just standing on untouched ground with no dust, dirt or haze to smooth the transition between the two. The lighting is also a bit mixed with exposure all over the place depending on the kaiju. Lastly, while again the Biollante-pod is great, having it behind the mountains is far out of scale and keeping it unaltered in transparency or lighting means its no different from the other pods (I'm assuming its the final boss). To heighten that threat level, I'd argue to enlarge it maybe 3X the size and make it transparent, while also focusing on the head. Kinda like this with Orga:

Overall, a solid banner by Josh, but I'm as hard as I am mostly because the potential for this to have been one of the best banners of the year was there, it just needed a few tweaks in my opinion.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:04 am Still need to read the new match, but based on the writer, should easily be worth the wait. As for the banner, I think this is a case of the original components being stronger than the final product.

The hybrid-trilopods are all fantastic, especially the Biollante trilopod which is absolutely gorgeous. My main complaint is how they are placed in the actual banner. The Anguirus-pod is kinda just standing on untouched ground with no dust, dirt or haze to smooth the transition between the two. The lighting is also a bit mixed with exposure all over the place depending on the kaiju. Lastly, while again the Biollante-pod is great, having it behind the mountains is far out of scale and keeping it unaltered in transparency or lighting means its no different from the other pods (I'm assuming its the final boss). To heighten that threat level, I'd argue to enlarge it maybe 3X the size and make it transparent, while also focusing on the head. Kinda like this with Orga:

Overall, a solid banner by Josh, but I'm as hard as I am mostly because the potential for this to have been one of the best banners of the year was there, it just needed a few tweaks in my opinion.
Yeah, when I looked at it nowadays, I could see it needed some improvements. The G2K idea is badass.

It’s good to hear such viewpoints. Improvements as time passes by is key. Or, as Gareth Edwards put it, “it keeps mutating through every generation.”
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wait, did Josh actually make that Biollante-Trilopod hybrid by himself? :shock:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GojiraOverlord
Samurai

Post by GojiraOverlord »

godjacob wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:24 pm
GojiraOverlord wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:34 pm can Megalon be used as an xillien weapon but if the mothership were to be destroyed can he use his own free will to fight for himself? like join Godzilla
Not a mod or anything but far as Final Wars canon goes, pretty sure the Xiliens can control anything except those that lacks M-base like that version of Godzilla or "Keizers". Who on the roster would fit this is more up in the air given how vague both of these are.
So I could have it so Megalon is under control correct? Also would Megaguirus be able to absorb a titan's power to regenerate increadibly?
Bagan is the best Kaiju around, change my Mind

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:22 am Wait, did Josh actually make that Biollante-Trilopod hybrid by himself? :shock:
Yes, yes I did.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

GojiraOverlord wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:29 am
godjacob wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:24 pm
GojiraOverlord wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:34 pm can Megalon be used as an xillien weapon but if the mothership were to be destroyed can he use his own free will to fight for himself? like join Godzilla
Not a mod or anything but far as Final Wars canon goes, pretty sure the Xiliens can control anything except those that lacks M-base like that version of Godzilla or "Keizers". Who on the roster would fit this is more up in the air given how vague both of these are.
So I could have it so Megalon is under control correct? Also would Megaguirus be able to absorb a titan's power to regenerate increadibly?
1) Megalon can totally be an Xilien weapon. He was during 164, and can be used for any space faring race so long as relations with Seatopia are strong.

2) Sadly no. Megaguirus absorbs energy, not traits. If she absorbed traits then she could've regenerated after Godzilla fried her but... she didn't.
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:52 am
Gigantis wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:22 am Wait, did Josh actually make that Biollante-Trilopod hybrid by himself? :shock:
Yes, yes I did.
Also, damn. Great work on that hybrid.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:52 am Also, damn. Great work on that hybrid.
Thanks! :D

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:52 am
Yes, yes I did.
Hol. Ly. Shit.

Teach me your ways master (actually don't yet I still don't have Photoshop on my computer)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Great match, loved the Biollante-Trilopod, it would be cool if there was a sequel with Shin battling against the other Godzilla-Trilopod as seen in the ending.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Aw yeah, Trilopods are back baby! And with some new appearances to boot. I love the way that Godzilla is written in this match, an strategist with raw strength to match. Stellar match once again from Joshua
Last edited by Dunkeeni on Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This is all around a very good match with some kickass stuff going on, though I felt that it did drag on a bit too long. Not enough variety in the action for how long the match is.

Always glad to see Trilopods get matches.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

The fight is pretty engaging as well as being pretty creative with what it does with the Trilopods.
Spoiler:
The Biollante-Trilopod is a little overrated though as it just seems to be a little tougher than the others which is also true with the Godzilla hybrid.
:godzilla2021blue:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

HillyHulk wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:03 pm The fight is pretty engaging as well as being pretty creative with what it does with the Trilopods.
Spoiler:
The Biollante-Trilopod is a little overrated though as it just seems to be a little tougher than the others which is also true with the Godzilla hybrid.
I think it being a little tougher is alright, considering even most of the hybrid Trilopods weren’t that durable in the comic, most of them just being ripped apart.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:56 pm
HillyHulk wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:03 pm The fight is pretty engaging as well as being pretty creative with what it does with the Trilopods.
Spoiler:
I think it being a little tougher is alright, considering even most of the hybrid Trilopods weren’t that durable in the comic, most of them just being ripped apart.
True, I'm just referring to some comments I saw that I thought were making it a bigger deal than it was.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

HillyHulk wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:48 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:56 pm
Spoiler:
True, I'm just referring to some comments I saw that I thought were making it a bigger deal than it was.
Oh okay

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

New battle! I honestly didn't even know Orochi was in the KWC until now but I'm really itnerested to see what this will entail.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROUND 2.. FIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
Spoiler:
This is definitely better than Godzilla ans Orochi's first encounter! (No offense to Harley is you're reading this) It'sgot good action, much higher stakes, and they usage of Super Godzilla, which alone is a plus.

If I gotta give a criticism though, the ending.. kinda took me out of it Out of nowhere, with almost little build up, the ghost of everyone Orochi kills comes to help Godzilla.. even though he had already made peace with the fact they were dead and knew they would always be with him? And then when Orochi dies, we immediately move onto the next scene and Tuskoyomi is on the Moon even though his dragon body is burning to a crisp in Toyko's ruins- huh? Not to mention the fight between him and Ozaki is kinda anticlimactic.

But yeah besides that, very solid fight! 9/10
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Damn, that new match was fire! The perfect epic clash to celebrate this Halloween season.