Inhumanoids

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: Inhumanoids

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ideal voice actors for a reboot series:
Metlar - David Solobov
D'Compose - Charles Adler or Steve Blum
Tendril - Steve Blum or Charles Adler
Sslither - Frank Welker
Gargoyle - Jim Cummings or Mark Ryan
Nightcrawler - Mark Ryan or Clancy Brown
Magnakor - Troy Baker
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I just rewatched all 13 episodes of the series today...so much fun!

It was probably the first show I ever saw that was more serialized rather than a bunch of stand alone episodes. And its also interesting to see how there aren't strictly "good guys" and "bad guys" aligned with each other, but the bad guys are constantly stabbing each other in the back, and the different factions (Redwoods, Granites, Earth Corps, etc.) are making alliances and going against each other depending on what the situation is. After growing up with shows like Transformers and GI Joe, its interesting to see something like this come out.

Also, with so many monsters running around, that always makes me happy.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

GojiDog wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:06 pm I just rewatched all 13 episodes of the series today...so much fun!

It was probably the first show I ever saw that was more serialized rather than a bunch of stand alone episodes. And its also interesting to see how there aren't strictly "good guys" and "bad guys" aligned with each other, but the bad guys are constantly stabbing each other in the back, and the different factions (Redwoods, Granites, Earth Corps, etc.) are making alliances and going against each other depending on what the situation is. After growing up with shows like Transformers and GI Joe, its interesting to see something like this come out.

Also, with so many monsters running around, that always makes me happy.
Same here.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Inhumanoids custom made figures from a talented gent who goes by the handle GeoKaiser.
Link to his page featuring Kaiser's customs.
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... l.1194763/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The One and Only
Futurian

The second chapter to RetroBlasting's look at the INHUMANOIDS , "Clearing out the Demons."

Also INHUMANOIDS showrunner Flint Dille. Along with collaborators Buzz Dixon, Doug Booth, and Rick Merwin talk about Evil That Lies Within. And even an episode for sadly never made second season of the toy line, "A Bone To Pick" . Along with G.I. Joe, and Transformers.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

This might be just wishful thinking on my part, but I think that Gorzak was intended to be part of the Inhumanoids. The toy really does look like it would have fitted right in with big monsters.

Could have it been that someone working on the Inhumanoids for Hasbro, had designed Gorzak for the toy line. Then toy line got canned and the toy designer left Hasbro to work for another you company and later, reused the design for Gorzak?

Like I said, probably just wishful thinking on my part.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:17 pm This might be just wishful thinking on my part, but I think that Gorzak was intended to be part of the Inhumanoids. The toy really does look like it would have fitted right in with big monsters.

Could have it been that someone working on the Inhumanoids for Hasbro, had designed Gorzak for the toy line. Then toy line got canned and the toy designer left Hasbro to work for another you company and later, reused the design for Gorzak?

I think Gorzak was made by Tyco.

The One and Only
Futurian

SonOfGorgo wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 am
kingkevzilla88 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:17 pm This might be just wishful thinking on my part, but I think that Gorzak was intended to be part of the Inhumanoids. The toy really does look like it would have fitted right in with big monsters.

Gorzak was indeed a product of Tyco. As you can see in commercial for the obscure action figure which you can command.

He does look a lot the leader of the Inhumanoids ,Metlar. I wouldn't be surprised one of designers who worked on the Evil That Lies Within might've done some work for Tyco. It could be just one heck of a coincidence too. But the resemblance is uncanny.
I also once wondered if perhaps the Decepticon Pretenders from the Transformers 1988 toy line with their monstrous appearances were originally intended for future figure ideas on the Inhumanoids. Or rejected ideas.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

The One and Only wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:22 pm
SonOfGorgo wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 am

Gorzak was indeed a product of Tyco. As you can see in commercial for the obscure action figure which you can command.

He does look a lot the leader of the Inhumanoids ,Metlar. I wouldn't be surprised one of designers who worked on the Evil That Lies Within might've done some work for Tyco. It could be just one heck of a coincidence too. But the resemblance is uncanny.
I also once wondered if perhaps the Decepticon Pretenders from the Transformers 1988 toy line with their monstrous appearances were originally intended for future figure ideas on the Inhumanoids. Or rejected ideas.
Okay, I legit would have loved that Gorzak toy as a child! (still kind of want it now)
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

The One and Only
Futurian

The history and origin of the INHUMANOIDS.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Is this series on DVD or BRD anywhere? Region 1.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Rhino DVD (Now Shout Factory) released 2 DVD volumes back in 2001 (20 years ago!)

The first DVD had episodes 1-5 (The whole introductory mini-series). The second DVD had episodes 6-9. (I still have them :) )

Sadly a 3rd DVD that undoubtedly would have finished the series (episodes 10-13) never was released, but the episodes are easily viewable on Youtube last I checked.
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 pm Rhino DVD (Now Shout Factory) released 2 DVD volumes back in 2001 (20 years ago!)

The first DVD had episodes 1-5 (The whole introductory mini-series). The second DVD had episodes 6-9. (I still have them :) )

Sadly a 3rd DVD that undoubtedly would have finished the series (episodes 10-13) never was released, but the episodes are easily viewable on Youtube last I checked.
Will have to settle for youtube some time then, not crazy enough to try and track down 20 year old disks!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I was just curious to see what the aftermarket prces were, I never looked. It isn't the worst I've ever seen, but yeah it's a little pricey (around $80 per disc). But it looks like there is a R2 2 disc set from the UK that has the whole series, and is more reasonably priced, may be a nice option of you have a region free player, but yeah Youtube is free so... 8-)
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

The One and Only
Futurian

Unearthed from INHUMANOIDS show runner,Flint Dille, own archives. A story board from the episode "The Evil Eye" .
Last edited by The One and Only on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Some new fans of the INHUMANOIDS are created with this watch party of the classic INHUMANOIDS episode, "Cult of Darkness" on Saturday Morning Cartoons Youtube channel.

Hi-Tops 1986 VHS cover to INHUMANOIDS.
And what kid wouldn't love to have an INHUMANOIDS coloring book ?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Hasbro should set up their own cinematic universe and feature these guys.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:32 pm Hasbro should set up their own cinematic universe and feature these guys.
They've allegedly been interested in creating a shared universe between their GI Joe and Transformers properties...

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:32 pmHasbro should set up their own cinematic universe and feature these guys.
Vakanai wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 amThey've allegedly been interested in creating a shared universe between their GI Joe and Transformers properties...
I'd be open to that tbh.

The One and Only
Futurian

An Inhumanoids, Earth Corps character is on Michael Mercy's wish list of Toon Characters who didn't receive a toy release.