Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by GigaBowserG »

Teaser trailer has arrived:

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So it's G89 from the looks of it. I wonder if his powered up form will turn him into Burning Godzilla in that case.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:39 pm Teaser trailer has arrived:

Hate being right sometimes. But Heisei Godzilla is better than no Godzilla, so I'm okay with it. Still hoping to see some Showa kaiju though!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Gormaru has said that 3 other Toho monsters are confirmed to be coming to the game, one of which looks to be Mothra based on the GIF used. My guess would be Mechagodzilla and Ghidorah for the other 2
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

100 TK bucks says they're all models ported from the PS3/4 game.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Fermix wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 am Gormaru has said that 3 other Toho monsters are confirmed to be coming to the game, one of which looks to be Mothra based on the GIF used. My guess would be Mechagodzilla and Ghidorah for the other 2
*Almost* willing to bet those are the choices. Heisei Godzilla, Heisei KG, Showa MG, and Heisei Mothra. Brainlessly predictable choices that are incredibly safe as they are boring, but they'd certainly sell. The Big Five (minus Rodan, apparently) are simply too strong.

As an aside, Gormaru's hosting a poll about potential "Wave 2" candidates that's been getting a bit of traction. Would you rather have DLC of:
-More Godzilla/Toho monsters
-Power Rangers series
-Gamera series
-Ultraman series

https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 0038311944

Godzilla/Toho Wave 2 and Gamera are pretty closely tied, which is nice to see.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Knowing how the skins are I think there is a chance we see multiple variations. If it's just color swaps I can see Godzilla with his S class being Burning Godzilla. MechaGodzilla with his S class being Super MechaGodzilla. Heisei Ghidorah with his S class being Grand King Ghidorah and Mothra with either Larva being the default and Imago being the S class or Imago Mothra with the S class being Rainbow Mothra or Armor Mothra.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:47 pm*Almost* willing to bet those are the choices. Heisei Godzilla, Heisei KG, Showa MG, and Heisei Mothra
Yeah, I'm guessing this is what they're gonna be, too. Which is too bad, as '70s kaiju like Hedorah, Gigan, Megalon, Jet Jaguar, and King Caesar would fit the fast-paced action of GigaBash better, but oh well, it'll still be fun.
GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:47 pmWould you rather have DLC of:
-More Godzilla/Toho monsters
-Power Rangers series
-Gamera series
-Ultraman series
Oh, man. There's no real wrong choice here. They'd all make great additions to the roster. And now I'm just letting my mind wander, trying to theorize which four characters from each franchise would work best.

- Godzilla/Toho #2: Like I said, four '70s kaiju would work best, but I feel like Toho would want to get in Rodan and probably Destoroyah. Maybe them, Gigan, and Megalon?

- Power Rangers: Well, obviously, right off the bat, they'd be all MMPR characters, since that's the most iconic one. I'd say all four of the main Megazords - Dino, Thunder, Ninja, Shogun - but then that'd leave out Dragonzord, and that's just unacceptable. Maybe go all in with the first season and make it Megazord, Dragonzord, Goldar, and one of the more iconic monsters like King Sphinx, Pudgy Pig, or Eye Guy.

- Gamera: Gamera, obviously, but then what about the other three monsters? I'd say all three of his Heisei foes - Gyaos, Legion, Iris - but I can't see a big tank monster a la Legion or Biollante working in GigaBash. Maybe a foe from each era? Showa Gyaos, Iris, and Zedus? Maybe only two Gamera foes and make the third Daimajin?

- Ultraman: Ultraman, Red King, Gomora, and Zetton. Boom. Easy. Done.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I don't see it happening but Gamera meeting Godzilla inside Gigabash would be interesting.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:47 pm
Fermix wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 am Gormaru has said that 3 other Toho monsters are confirmed to be coming to the game, one of which looks to be Mothra based on the GIF used. My guess would be Mechagodzilla and Ghidorah for the other 2
*Almost* willing to bet those are the choices. Heisei Godzilla, Heisei KG, Showa MG, and Heisei Mothra. Brainlessly predictable choices that are incredibly safe as they are boring, but they'd certainly sell. The Big Five (minus Rodan, apparently) are simply too strong.
I mean, they’re obvious choices and it’s genuinely hard to fault them for it. The big five are the big five for a reason-they’re the only ones that the average Joe off the street could name-and I’m being generous in Rodan’s case (if the Joe was over 50, they might say Megalon or know Rodan from Creature Features, but I’m one of the younger users on here and my age group is more likely to say Big Monke than even name Kong).

They want to generate hype for this DLC, so they’re not gonna just market to us. Would I love the DLC to be 64 Godzilla, Megalon, Gigan, and I dunno, Desghidorah? Sure, that’d be incredible, I’d go wild from how out of left field, but they do gotta move units and the player base for the game is mostly fighting game fans, not die-hard Kaiju junkies. I have no issue with them being chosen. If it was anyone else, we’d also have people asking, “What Orga’s in this but no Mothra?”

I was leaning toward Kiryu over Showa, but either fits in with Gigabash’s aesthetic.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Okada puts butts in seats. Roman puts butts in seats. Hangman puts butts in seats. This is an unpopular take, but if you're going to do a big crossover, or a major appearance, you go with someone who will be a draw. Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra, and Mechagodzilla are draws and will move units.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

StardustGenius wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:48 am Okada puts butts in seats. Roman puts butts in seats. Hangman puts butts in seats. This is an unpopular take, but if you're going to do a big crossover, or a major appearance, you go with someone who will be a draw. Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra, and Mechagodzilla are draws and will move units.
100% this. I don't see why someone would rather have an obscure kaiju in a crossover game like this. Especially if there's a decent chance we'll get other franchise crossovers like Gamera. Everybody wants to see Gamera vs. King Ghidorah, that makes sense and is a huge deal. But, some people wants Gamera vs. DesGhidorah for some reason. I'll never understand it. One of the only chances we might ever see for franchises to mix, and some people want the B-players instead of the A-listers on the roster. :roll:

Hedorah, Gigan and Megalon are the only "obscure" kaiju I could really see making the cut, and I doubt they'd be in the first batch of DLC.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I just hope this does well and convinces someone to make a dedicated Godzilla game.

3-4 guest characters is... okay I guess, but I'd much rather have 15-20+ in their own game.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:42 am I just hope this does well and convinces someone to make a dedicated Godzilla game.

3-4 guest characters is... okay I guess, but I'd much rather have 15-20+ in their own game.
I agree with this. I have no interest in the gigabash roster and will pick this game up once the Godzilla dlc arrives. Just not a fan of the gigabash characters designs.

I hope Rodan makes it but I don’t think he has a chance.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

You want to keep it simple and go for quality over quantity. A simple Atari/Pipeworks type fighting game, with the film accurate sounds/visuals of the PS3/PS4 game, and about a dozen monsters max.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tbeasley wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm You want to keep it simple and go for quality over quantity. A simple Atari/Pipeworks type fighting game, with the film accurate sounds/visuals of the PS3/PS4 game, and about a dozen monsters max.
Too many popular monsters for a dozen max. Unleashed had 23 and it was missing a couple fan favs. Even if we take the two ocs out.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

If the game is good (even only decent and appealing to fans), a limited roster shouldn't matter. And new monsters could always come with DLC or a sequel once the first game is figured out.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Damn, they’re actually doing Gigan it seems.

https://twitter.com/GigaBashGame/status ... 3263019009

Edit: Looks like they accidentally posted it too early and have deleted it. But it does seem Gigan is one of the three monsters.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Ooh, nice. I'd going to guess it's him, Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla. Honestly, in retrospect, it does make sense, since it's his 50th birthday and all.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigan's probably the most fitting Toho kaiju for this game so I'm really glad he's in. Now, get Anguirus in and we're golden.