Things you want to see in MV5?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Things you want to see in MV5?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

As everyone is hyping themselves up, I'm sure people got a bunch of ideas they want to see in the next movie. Be it call backs to the previous movies to returning kaiju. What do you hope to see in the upcoming MV sequel?

Myself:

Godzilla in a natural landscape, Hollow Earth or otherwise. Rather surprised we haven't really seen this at all in the MV. I want to see Godzilla moving through mountains and forests for a scene or two. Include a reference of him looking over a hill like in G'54 even. I would easily prefer the chance to see Godzilla wading through smaller beasts in the Hollow Earth, but I would settle for him walking through a rural or jungle area too.

Behemoth and Rodan in some capacity. Even if just small roles or a cameo, but I'd kill to see them actually get to see some action. Would REALLY like to see Rodan and Godzilla interacting, maybe a brief skirmish to put Rodan in place and an eventual return of Rodan near the end to help.

Sci-Fi Tech weapons. We're here. Never thought we'd see MG in a Hollywood Godzilla movie until GvK, and here we are. So let's bust out the maser tanks in Hollywood effects.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Things you want to see in MV5?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Great writing and good consistency, with a big drop in MCU-esque humor.

That’s all I can ask for at this point. I just want America to make a legitimately great Godzilla movie.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Since KvG inconporate this weird live-giving energy from hollow Earth, i think about something going in Gaia theory manner.
Biollante as source of life of our kind, and Destroyah as source of kind of life that lose for us.
Something like Final Fantasy with Buscemi and Baldwin, or Adam an Lilith in Evangelion (search Seeds of Life on Evangelion wiki)..

Humans accidently or by purpose wake up Destroyah and his spawn starts invasion, firstly to hollow Earth. Biollante arise from his pit and fight back, losing but in final act transfers power to Godzilla. King defats Destroyah and go down to pit to become new source of life (like Kengo in last episode of Ultraman Trigger)

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Smaller cast of main characters, a plot that allows for character arc without dragging the pacing, good action and character moments from kaiju. Also the Kong Dong.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Marciosss wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:51 am Since KvG inconporate this weird live-giving energy from hollow Earth, i think about something going in Gaia theory manner.
Biollante as source of life of our kind, and Destroyah as source of kind of life that lose for us.
Something like Final Fantasy with Buscemi and Baldwin, or Adam an Lilith in Evangelion (search Seeds of Life on Evangelion wiki)..

Humans accidently or by purpose wake up Destroyah and his spawn starts invasion, firstly to hollow Earth. Biollante arise from his pit and fight back, losing but in final act transfers power to Godzilla. King defats Destroyah and go down to pit to become new source of life (like Kengo in last episode of Ultraman Trigger)
Sounds cool!

ShoMustGo2054
Young Farmer

Post by ShoMustGo2054 »

-Half or most of the movie taking place in the Hollow Earth

-A kaiju battle where the gravity barrier is a key component of the action. Monsters jumping in, out, and across it.

-Godzilla uses his atomic breath in combination with the gravity barrier to propel himself. Probably the only way they could pay homage to Godzilla flying in a credible way.

-Connective cameos and references to all of the previous Monsterverse films

-All or most of the previously seen Titans coming together for a big Destroy All Monsters-style battle royale.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:55 am Great writing and good consistency, with a big drop in MCU-esque humor.

That’s all I can ask for at this point. I just want America to make a legitimately great Godzilla movie.
This and only this. Anything else is just extra.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:55 am That’s all I can ask for at this point. I just want America to make a legitimately great Godzilla movie.
I am curious if it’s even possible at this point.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:17 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:55 am That’s all I can ask for at this point. I just want America to make a legitimately great Godzilla movie.
I am curious if it’s even possible at this point.
It totally is, it's just the right people haven't been picked for the task yet.

I think Vogt-Roberts should be given a chance.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Define what you think a GREAT Godzilla movie should be? Because I'm about to stir the pot.

I think KoTM and Godzilla vs. Kong were GREAT Godzilla movies.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

How does that stir the pot?

Either way, fun? Yes. Good? Absolutely! Great? Eh...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

1. I'd like to see Godzilla be King of the Monsters. I don't need to see him interact with all Titans but maybe one scene where he checks up on someone like Behemoth or Rodan or maybe a mention on what kind of Balance Godzilla is keeping.

2. Kong and Jia's continued relationship.

3. If this is a Godzilla and Kong team up film I'd like to see Rodan team up with them as well. He got shafted in KOTM and teaming up with Godzilla and Kong could reboot him.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

I would still like to see lingering effects from the events of KoTM, destroyed cities, the Titans impact on the world. GvK didn’t show a world that was almost destroyed by monsters.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

• Godzilla not be to treated like sh*t like he was in GvK

Good writing and human characterization

The other Titans to be involved or at the very least referred to

Good fight choreography unlike GvK

Good music unlike GvK

Am I gonna get those things? No. Adam Wingard is directing.

Added in 6 minutes 3 seconds:
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:50 pm

I think KoTM and Godzilla vs. Kong were GREAT Godzilla movies.
I have my qualms about KOTM and it definitely didn't live up to its potential. But if someone says KOTM is a great Godzilla movie, that doesn't really bother me. Godzilla vs Kong, however, is the epitome of trash, and I am still genuinely befuddled how anyone likes that movie.
Last edited by Moogabunga on Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Moogabunga wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:47 pmGodzilla vs Kong, however, is the epitome of entertainment, and I am still genuinely befuddled how anyone dislikes that movie.
Fixed that statement for you.

Quote of the Year:

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’ll never understand how someone could feel GvK treated Godzilla like trash…..

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

king_ghidorah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 pm I’ll never understand how someone could feel GvK treated Godzilla like trash…..
Mooga's gonna bunga

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

king_ghidorah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 pm I’ll never understand how someone could feel GvK treated Godzilla like trash…..
Opinions are like assholes we all have them.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

A hint at Mothra coming back, since the egg got set up in the KOTM credits, would be appreciated. Or even a straight up return by seeing the larva or egg somewhere.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Mothra be reborn, Rodan to return and team up with Godzilla, Anguirus to be introduced on Godzilla's side as well
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"