The Russian/Ukraine Conflict

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Russian/Ukraine Conflict

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spuro wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:18 pm I can only hope those trenches weren't dug by prisoners.
Sounds like it was the soldiers themselves going by the reporting. Every soldier stationed there is a dead man walking... and they don't even realize it yet. This whole scenario is a dark comedy come to life.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I won't be surprised if Putin resorts to conscribing every able-bodied male in Russia out of desperation. Not sure If I've already said it.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

A Russian soldier named Aleksei Bychkov has filmed himself r**ping a 1 year old Ukrainian toddler

Here’s a thread that I found it on:
Link
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:55 pm A Russian soldier named Aleksei Bychkov has filmed himself r**ping a 1 year old Ukrainian toddler

Here’s a thread that I found it on:
Link
Special place in hell for people like him.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 077641.amp

Russia may have launched a chemical attack in Ukraine.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/europe/r ... index.html

Flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, the Moskva, the very same warship memorably told to go fuck itself by the defenders of Snake Island, has been sunk.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

NSZ wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:42 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/europe/r ... index.html

Flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, the Moskva, the very same warship memorably told to go skreeonk itself by the defenders of Snake Island, has been sunk.
By it's own missile no less, ironic.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:54 pm
NSZ wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:42 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/europe/r ... index.html

Flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, the Moskva, the very same warship memorably told to go skreeonk itself by the defenders of Snake Island, has been sunk.
By it's own missile no less, ironic.
I guess it successfully fucked itself.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Putin is gonna get extra-desperate if he can't reach his goals by May.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Has this thread REALLY died? Really? Yeah nah.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russ ... 1654330210

Russia still trying to throw its weight around and wave a nuclear stick. Now throwing fits that Ukraine is being equipped with longer range weapons that could allow them to strike back.

No lie, the more I read and the more I see, it's getting to the point I'm ready to just see the US and NATO go in there. Yes, it's World War 3 at that point. Yes, millions upon millions will die. But at this rate... Why prolong it? Russia seems to want the war and is determined to drag this out and is demanding the entire world just sit idly by as it absorbs a free nation.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:57 pm Has this thread REALLY died? Really? Yeah nah.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russ ... 1654330210

Russia still trying to throw its weight around and wave a nuclear stick. Now throwing fits that Ukraine is being equipped with longer range weapons that could allow them to strike back.

No lie, the more I read and the more I see, it's getting to the point I'm ready to just see the US and NATO go in there. Yes, it's World War 3 at that point. Yes, millions upon millions will die. But at this rate... Why prolong it? Russia seems to want the war and is determined to drag this out and is demanding the entire world just sit idly by as it absorbs a free nation.
Last I heard Nato and the US are giving Ukraine longer range weapons but only to protect themselves. Zelenski wanted weapons to shoot into Russia.

I'm hoping the stalemate lasts long enough for Putin to die as their are rumors rumors he is sick and a new regime calls for peace. Maybe even another Russian revolution.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:57 pmYes, it's World War 3 at that point. Yes, millions upon millions will die. But at this rate... Why prolong it? Russia seems to want the war and is determined to drag this out and is demanding the entire world just sit idly by as it absorbs a free nation.
No need for nuclear amounts of pessimism. Putin’s days are numbered, and a new regime headed by cooler heads will most likely seek to calm the situation down.

As it stands it will not devolve into WW3. A NATO-Russian war? Maybe… but WW3 would need China to militarily back Russia, which is unlikely as Xi is a lot smarter than Putin.

Added in 7 minutes 13 seconds:
And, I’d hardly call Ukraine a free nation. Sovereign? Sure. But god, it is not a beacon of liberal democracy and freedom.

Of course, this DOES NOT EXCUSE WHAT RUSSIA IS DOING TO UKRAINE AND IT’S POPULATION. RUSSIA IS UNDOUBTEDLY THE VILLAIN.

But it should not be forgotten that only a few years Ukraine was the target of mass scrutiny for being corrupt.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:44 pm
As it stands it will not devolve into WW3. A NATO-Russian war? Maybe… but WW3 would need China to militarily back Russia, which is unlikely as Xi is a lot smarter than Putin.
China has started doing military drills along the borders of Russia and they have had prior disagreements on territory. Might be looking a bit too deep into it... But Russia constantly threatening the world with nuclear Armageddon may be starting to awaken a sleeping dragon.

Quote of the Year:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:52 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:44 pm
China has started doing military drills along the borders of Russia and they have had prior disagreements on territory. Might be looking a bit too deep into it... But Russia constantly threatening the world with nuclear Armageddon may be starting to awaken a sleeping dragon.
You’re onto what I’ve been theorising for a while now. China needs more land, more water, more resources. Global warming is defrosting Siberia. 4 million Russian on their side of the border, 200 million Chinese. The Red Dragon is preparing to topple the bear.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Does anyone think that Putin could sell the area around Vladivostok back to China? Not because he would want to, but simply out of necessity to gain the money to rebuild Russia's economy.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:34 pm ^Does anyone think that Putin could sell the area around Vladivostok back to China? Not because he would want to, but simply out of necessity to gain the money to rebuild Russia's economy.
I doubt Putin would sell his most vital eastern port with a majority ethnic Russian population. And China probably doesn’t have to listen to Putin’s demands. Xi holds the cards.
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:34 pm ^Does anyone think that Putin could sell the area around Vladivostok back to China? Not because he would want to, but simply out of necessity to gain the money to rebuild Russia's economy.
I doubt Putin would sell his most vital eastern port with a majority Ethiopic Russian population. And China probably doesn’t have to listen to Putin’s demands. Xi holds the cards.
^Ethiopic? As in hailing from Ethiopia the country?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:21 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm
I doubt Putin would sell his most vital eastern port with a majority Ethiopic Russian population. And China probably doesn’t have to listen to Putin’s demands. Xi holds the cards.
^Ethiopic? As in hailing from Ethiopia the country?
No, that was my sausage fingers attempting to type "ethic".
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

China has some border disputes with Russia but I think this amounts to posturing more than anything, I would be shocked if it escalated into conflict between the two.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:09 am China has some border disputes with Russia but I think this amounts to posturing more than anything, I would be shocked if it escalated into conflict between the two.
They’ve been rivals in the area for centuries, with many wars between the two. I think it could become something bigger.
For Emperor and Empire!