Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

BBTS still has them listed and my pre-orders are still open. Don't hit the panic button yet. As someone in the Discord server said, it could just be them having website difficulties. Wait for official announcement...

But damn, if it is Bandai... HIYA should air all the BS and drama for us to see.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Fermix wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:22 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:18 pm I hear Bandai got mad Hiya's Godzilla looked better than their MonsterArts and threw a shit fit.
It would be so funny for that to be true, and for Hiya to retaliate by releasing a 3rd party Chinese figure to come out in 6 months called "Nuclear God" followed by "Island King Ape"
I'm actually waiting for Rebor or Nanmu Studios to do that.

I really hope Hiya isn't out of the Godzilla game. I'd definitely buy their Ghidorah.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Dose that mean hiya lost the rights for godzilla. As for bandi getting upset maybe this might motivate them to improve I mean what's wrong with a little competition

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I really hope they haven't lost the license, I was hoping to get their Ghidorah especially, if it turned out to be better than the SH Monsterarts one.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:18 pm I hear Bandai got mad Hiya's Godzilla looked better than their MonsterArts and threw a shit fit.
Legion are you joking or is it true you heard that? I know companies only care about money but if they got pissed because they knew they had a subpar product and decided to shut down the other company instead of improving their figures that just sucks.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I remember when Bandai bullied Kaiyodo regarding their Toho licenses...
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I'm shocked that barely anybody is discussing this. I've only seen people here even bring this up.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Anguirus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:24 am I'm shocked that barely anybody is discussing this. I've only seen people here even bring this up.
I don't imagine that there are too many US customers casually browsing the site looking for Godzilla product.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

I originally preordered from BBTS and just now got an email from them saying they’re expecting the Godzilla figure soon (“barring any unforeseen complications”).

Here’s hoping nothing bad is happening with Hiya.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Your Boy Leroy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:45 pm I originally preordered from BBTS and just now got an email from them saying they’re expecting the Godzilla figure soon (“barring any unforeseen complications”).

Here’s hoping nothing bad is happening with Hiya.
Just got the same email from BBTS.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Me as well
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I was almost getting ready to place an order through Hiya directly for the static figures; now I wish I had done it already.
I want to hope this is just a technical error; if they're really about to cancel the line they could risk blowback, considering how much promotion exists already.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Could the hiyatoys.com website just be their U.S.-facing site, and this is one of those situations where they can't sell the toys in the U.S. (like Bandai with their Figuarts Star Wars line)?

Although the Stylist stuff vanishing - which was actively available for order on their site, and are statues, not figures - seems particularly troubling.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:52 am Okay, so Hiya has scrubbed all Godzilla content from their website: https://www.hiyatoys.com/catalogsearch/ ... q=godzilla

Including the entry for the Godzilla figure: https://www.hiyatoys.com/hiya-toys-godz ... ure-1.html

That seems...troubling?
Not a good sign. Godzilla vs Kong is still listed as a linked title on their Product page, but the link takes you to an empty / dead page: https://www.hiyatoys.com/product/godzil ... -kong.html
No Godzilla products are listed under "G" when you sort alphabetically on the overall product page (see page 8 jump from AVP to Injustice 2): https://www.hiyatoys.com/product.html

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

I hope that dose not effects hyia ghidorah and mechagodzilla released date if they are still coming out since they have not been shown off yet

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

This may not have too much to do with what's going on, but the Hiya Toys Twitter account did just share two posts about their Godzilla figure.

https://twitter.com/HiyaToys/status/1595675962670288897
https://twitter.com/HiyaToys/status/1595675872987676673
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Well, if they're still actively promoting the figures, by themselves or through shared posts, I assume that's a pretty good sign the figures aren't going anywhere. Hopefully whatever's happening with their main site is fixed soon.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Rody wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:26 am Well, if they're still actively promoting the figures, by themselves or through shared posts, I assume that's a pretty good sign the figures aren't going anywhere. Hopefully whatever's happening with their main site is fixed soon.
I'd guess it's either just or a big, or they have a deal with certain distrubutors that prevents them from selling on their own site. OR it's a marketing ploy to drum up more discussion/awareness of this line as it begins to rev up.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

HIYA Godzilla just hit BBTS. Prolly gonna ship mine out on Friday, along with a Deforeal Gamera 1999 and Mezco Mothra set.

Quote of the Year:

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

Yeah, just got a processing email from BBTS myself.