Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by edgaguirus »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:55 am

HWYFA....
1. If GvK was more more pro-Godzilla and ended with him outright winning?
2. A Godzilla film set in Russia and taking aim (however subtly) at Putin's regime?
3. A work about Rodan, Anguirus, and Varan getting seperated from Godzilla and working together to fight off monsters?
4. If Toho still had rights to Kong by the time of DAM and he was in the final battle?
1. Godzilla did win.
2. I would love to see Toho using Godzilla to make a statement about that issue.
3. I can see Rodan and Anguirus getting that chance, but Varan is too obscure for that. I wouldn't mind seeing other Titans getting the spotlight in these moves, though.
4. I'd feel a bit sorry for Ghidorah. Having two powerhouses pounding on him would've made his beating worse. Still, I would like to see that fight.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's a pitch for my take on the whole modern evolving-Godzilla trend. I imagine something similar to Shin, but this time not emphasizing the whole ''aberration against nature'' aspect. He will start out as something that's clearly a fish/amphibian creature. Over time, he will slowly evolve into a reptile and then a quasi-mammalian synapsid-like form. At one point he could even evolve into a fully-mammalian creature and maybe even beyond that.

Over time, his evolution will slow down upon adapting to land. This way, you could have him remain a certain way for a certain number of films or TV episodes. I think it would be a good middle-ground between my preferences and many of yours. Maybe this whole evolution route could work well for other Kaiju as well.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:35 am, edited 8 times in total.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYFA...
1. Edgar Wright directing a Godzilla film?
2. A Gashadokuro-based kaiju?
3. If a future film referenced the COVId pandemic and had the solution be to cure the disease with Godzilla's atomic breath?
4. If a future Godzilla film tried to retcon that Gojira 1954 was not acually Godzilla's first attack?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

HWYFA
1. Future Shobijin being shown as normal size, not inches tall?

2. A kaiju that doesn't seem or act dangerous, but releases toxins or compounds that cause mass hallucination? It doesn't cause major damage or harm, but the people, animals, and kaiju around it do because of their hallucinations.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:11 pm HWYFA

2. A kaiju that doesn't seem or act dangerous, but releases toxins or compounds that cause mass hallucination? It doesn't cause major damage or harm, but the people, animals, and kaiju around it do because of their hallucinations.
1. I think the closest we get to that is the twin women in the MV films. Feels it removes a lot of the mystical charm if they were just regular sized but to each their own.

2. Could work, make for a more sympathetic Kaiju and offer a few avenues for the plot: Either a tragedy where it has to be put down anyway for the incidental danger the toxins or compounds cause, or a story of not defeating a kaiju but finding a cure to the otherwise harmless toxins or compounds.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

HWYFA :

1. They brought back the concept of the Hollow Earth in a future film, whether from Hollywood or Toho?
2. A Computer Virus kaiju?
3. An evil counterpart to Jet Jaguar?
4. Godzilla showed genuine emotions such as melancholy or affection more often?

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:32 pm HWYFA :

1. They brought back the concept of the Hollow Earth in a future film, whether from Hollywood or Toho?
1. Only if from start they know what hollow earth work, Legendary changes it in every film
2. How it supposed to work? Virus taking over city/military systems so act like city-size kaiju?
3. It could be good, with well executed plot of rivalry between two constructors.
4. YES

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

1. Everything else being the same — they’re still members of an island tribe of Mothra worshippers, they can still communicate with Mothra, they can seemingly teleport to escape capture — I think it would add some exciting possibilities to their characters. The biggest advantage would be that it adds weight to their diplomatic dialogs if they can look more like ambassadors and less like toys.

2. It sounds rather boring, sort of like an action movie about a chemical spill. In fact it might be easier than dealing with a chemical spill if you only need to equip your forces with biohazard suits so that they can redirect the kaiju to a secluded area and keep it there.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

1. No too strong, even if it removes.
2. Could be interesting for a psychological horror route, and from the POV of an everyman. If Godzilla fihhts it, coiuld even be a way to explore his psyche.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:

1. neat, even if I don't believe in the theory.
2. Neat idea.
3. Perhaps call it Zepplin Wolf?
4.I think he has shown that, so how I'd feel about that is hoe I'd feel about thise.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Marciosss wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:39 am

1. Only if from start they know what hollow earth work, Legendary changes it in every film
2. How it supposed to work? Virus taking over city/military systems so act like city-size kaiju?
3. It could be good, with well executed plot of rivalry between two constructors.
4. YES
A Computer Virus Kaiju could hijack the world’s nuclear weapons systems and use nukes against humanity to force us all into surrendering. It’s endgame plan will be to absorb our world into the cyberspace in which it inhabits.

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Digimon Adventure: Our War Game, Is something like this

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Marciosss wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:30 pm Digimon Adventure: Our War Game, Is something like this
And the same director’s Summer Wars after it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The monsters in Gridman are literally computer virus kaiju.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:58 pm The monsters in Gridman are literally computer virus kaiju.
Who says Godzilla can’t have any?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:59 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:58 pm The monsters in Gridman are literally computer virus kaiju.
Who says Godzilla can’t have any?
How Godzilla could operate in this scenario? Gridman and Digimon live and fight in cyber world, you thinking about scanning Godzilla to computer world?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:47 pm Here's a pitch for my take on the whole modern evolving-Godzilla trend. I imagine something similar to Shin, but this time not emphasizing the whole ''aberration against nature'' aspect. He will start out as something that's clearly a fish/amphibian creature. Over time, he will slowly evolve into a reptile and then a quasi-mammalian synapsid-like form. At one point he could even evolve into a fully-mammalian creature and maybe even beyond that.

Over time, his evolution will slow down upon adapting to land. This way, you could have him remain a certain way for a certain number of films or TV episodes. I think it would be a good middle-ground between my preferences and many of yours. Maybe this whole evolution route could work well for other Kaiju as well.
Godzilla for paleonerds like myself.

Added in 4 minutes 31 seconds:
Al Diplodocus wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:54 am HWYFA...
1. Edgar Wright directing a Godzilla film?
2. A Gashadokuro-based kaiju?
3. If a future film referenced the COVId pandemic and had the solution be to cure the disease with Godzilla's atomic breath?
4. If a future Godzilla film tried to retcon that Gojira 1954 was not acually Godzilla's first attack?
1. If he has a liking of the franchise then sure.
2. That's kind of what the cave painting in GVK's intro looked like.
3. Can't die of COVID if you're burnt to an atomic crisp! Seriously though, I believe that'd be quite strange.
4. Don't think I like that idea. Where else could it have been? Okinawa? Australian Colonies? A remote Soviet Town? Janjira?

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:54 am HWYF
Cure for disease wasn't in fact biggest problem in covid pandemic. Movie should focus on incopetence of government (like shin) and society reactions.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. It makes a good origin for kaiju, and has some interesting story potential, depending on how it was handled.
2. This has so much possibility for danger and suspense. An electronic kaiju could do more damage than a living one.
3. It could work with a good story.
4. If you can create a situation where it applies.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

HWYFA...
1. If they made a mean spirited crack at the Red Sox' espense in KOTM?
("Bad news! Ghidorah destroyed Fenway Park!" "...So what exactly is the bad news?")
2. Toho adapted many of their unmade films as manga, with the idea they represent what happened in between films (Showa in particular)?
3. If Toho brought back Maguma as a joke character where he randomly shows up in every Godzilla movie, leaving the humans confused?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Any joke would be better than the gonorrhea joke. Anyways, here's some more to my name :

HYWFA :

1. A Bioengineered monster used by the military that ends up becoming heroic? My idea is inspired by the latest episode of Ultraman Decker.
2. A heroic Space Monster?
3. A 2v2 tag-team Godzilla fighting game?
4. Toho re-adapted the Yamato Takeru legend?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.