Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
ggiersch
Young Farmer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by ggiersch »

How can I share/show decks?

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

The key to winning is $$

ggiersch
Young Farmer

Post by ggiersch »

Hello all!

I appreciate that folks might want to look at my deck. I also agree that certain units increase chances of winning. However, I have created dozens of decks based on the hundreds of folks who have beaten me. When mirroring these strategies, I am just matched with folks whose matching pieces are just much higher than my own. If I advance and get a piece to 20 or above, obviously the person I am playing still has a higher piece. While I would enjoy winning a few matches after playing thousands of times, to me this just brings forth that there is something insidiously wrong with the game.

Let’s start with the number of matches I played. Over 3000 with a very small handful of actual wins. Let me hear from you kind folks. Would you count the approximately 800+ wins all from bots as actual wins? I am leaning towards no since I am not playing a human being. Is that not the point of the game - to play others? Or am I looking at this wrong? Are the bot matches there to simply to make me feel better? They are not. I assume they are there to make me keep playing. This brings me to an interesting point. The more I play, the worse are my results. I need to hear more about my previous post. Is there anybody out there who is truly at my level? Do they exist? Are there any other souls out there who have played 3000 matches – won pretty much none of them with the exception of bot matches – and are still playing? I want to meet and hear from you!

Perhaps I need to hear how match-ups actually work. Someone explain them to me and how they are fair. I would have to imagine that they are since there seems to be some sort of structure with levels. I am being sincere and am willing to listen carefully and critically. Please someone, help me.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

You can click on your arena rank, then click arena leader board and you can see the pieces that the top 1000 arena ranked players use. Some put up fake decks with level 1’s but for the most part you can see their decks. Some seriously leveled 4 star pieces going on there.
Last edited by BalSac Johnson on Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:06 am The key to winning is $$
I strongly disagree. They key to winning is A) finding a combination of monsters that works for you. I like using flyers matched with Destoroyah and Kamacirus swarms, with a couple of heavy guns like Death Ghidorah and Ultraman held in reserve
B) only upgrade your selected pieces as opportunity allows. Avoid the temptation of trying to upgrade every monster you own. Save your in-game jewels and coins to spend on those eight to ten favorites ASAP.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

G1985 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:28 am
BalSac Johnson wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:06 am The key to winning is $$
I strongly disagree. They key to winning is A) finding a combination of monsters that works for you. I like using flyers matched with Destoroyah and Kamacirus swarms, with a couple of heavy guns like Death Ghidorah and Ultraman held in reserve
B) only upgrade your selected pieces as opportunity allows. Avoid the temptation of trying to upgrade every monster you own. Save your in-game jewels and coins to spend on those eight to ten favorites ASAP.
I agree to an extent but once you get to level 65 you see some crazy leveled big boys

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ggiersch wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:56 am Perhaps I need to hear how match-ups actually work. Someone explain them to me and how they are fair. I would have to imagine that they are since there seems to be some sort of structure with levels. I am being sincere and am willing to listen carefully and critically. Please someone, help me.
We're currently in the flying meta - Battra, Mothra Leo, to an extent Ultraman, Fire Rodan, and to a lesser degree the Super X, these units have been extremely common, particularly Battra. Carrying train bombs, Dimension Tide, and/or Psychic Chorus wouldn't hurt, either. Having a full deck of nothing but attacking units can be countered with surprising ease with a well-timed black hole or just outlasting enemy units with the use of heals. I'm still cycling through units myself, but I find having AT LEAST one monster with an area of effect (AoE) attack is always extremely beneficial... Hedorah, Biollante, or King Ghidorah, for example.

I fear the rise of Godzilla Earth.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:18 pm
ggiersch wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:56 am Perhaps I need to hear how match-ups actually work. Someone explain them to me and how they are fair. I would have to imagine that they are since there seems to be some sort of structure with levels. I am being sincere and am willing to listen carefully and critically. Please someone, help me.
We're currently in the flying meta - Battra, Mothra Leo, to an extent Ultraman, Fire Rodan, and to a lesser degree the Super X, these units have been extremely common, particularly Battra. Carrying train bombs, Dimension Tide, and/or Psychic Chorus wouldn't hurt, either. Having a full deck of nothing but attacking units can be countered with surprising ease with a well-timed black hole or just outlasting enemy units with the use of heals. I'm still cycling through units myself, but I find having AT LEAST one monster with an area of effect (AoE) attack is always extremely beneficial... Hedorah, Biollante, or King Ghidorah, for example.

I fear the rise of Godzilla Earth.
I can't ever see Godzilla Earth being meta, honestly. His movement and attack speeds are so painfully slow that you can have certain units hit him several times in the takes to charge up a shot. Unless they significantly raise his attack speed, he's kind of useless. KC and Mothra Leo are good counters to him.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Godzilla earth is fun in fair matches but yes cost is excessive and movement snail like

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Spoiler:
Shin Zetton
and
Spoiler:
Mefilas
are being added.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

TyrantGojira wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:40 am
Spoiler:
Shin Zetton
and
Spoiler:
Mefilas
are being added.
Nice, I'm glad they're taking further advantage of this crossover.

The obvious next step is that they should add a
Spoiler:
skin for Shin Godzilla.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

I’m sure they got all those level 10+ battras without cash lol

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Unfortunately with the bad matchup design ( levels 19 pieces vs captain gold once you rank up and then get stuck in high ranking next season, it’s not a game designed for newcomers. Should rank 1487 play vs rank 6? Happens a lot. Totally an easy fix. But smirky stickers are in order since it was totally skill you beat the guy that has pieces leveled 20+ Lower than yours. Such skill…..
Last edited by BalSac Johnson on Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Also where do we report cheaters? The people with no energy tank that drop 3 monsters costing 5-6 each within 3 seconds.and that’s without the 54’ cheap rebirth change unit.
Last edited by BalSac Johnson on Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So someone just used
Spoiler:
Shin Zetton
against me for the first time and EX-FLIPPIN'-SCUSE ME? It's essentially a Facility Unit (IS it a Facility Unit?) that fires an unending beam at you like MonsterVerse Godzilla, only it LEVELS UP like Burning Godzilla, its beam has a HUGE range (which ALSO levels up and gets larger), and it remains on the field for a LOOONG time. That... that's some bovine feces, to put it mildly.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:02 am Also where do we report cheaters? The people with no energy tank that drop 3 monsters costing 5-6 each within 3 seconds.and that’s without the 54’ cheap rebirth change unit.
Is it sad I have the report page bookmarked? :lol: https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/en/contact/

Granted, it becomes increasingly difficult to run into cheaters the higher up the ladder you go.
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:08 am So someone just used
Spoiler:
Shin Zetton
against me for the first time and EX-FLIPPIN'-SCUSE ME? It's essentially a Facility Unit (IS it a Facility Unit?) that fires an unending beam at you like MonsterVerse Godzilla, only it LEVELS UP like Burning Godzilla, its beam has a HUGE range (which ALSO levels up and gets larger), and it remains on the field for a LOOONG time. That... that's some bovine feces, to put it mildly.
When it dies, it also explodes! This does tremendous damage to enemy units and the enemy leader if you're close enough.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

“Granted, it becomes increasingly difficult to run into cheaters the higher up the ladder you go.”

It is rare I’ll admit but it happens occasionally. Last one was mid fight , got ultima, Leo,and battra dropped instantly. What fun is a game you need to cheat at lol

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:19 pm
BalSac Johnson wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:02 am Also where do we report cheaters? The people with no energy tank that drop 3 monsters costing 5-6 each within 3 seconds.and that’s without the 54’ cheap rebirth change unit.
Is it sad I have the report page bookmarked? :lol: https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/en/contact/

Granted, it becomes increasingly difficult to run into cheaters the higher up the ladder you go.
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:08 am So someone just used
Spoiler:
Shin Zetton
When it dies, it also explodes! This does tremendous damage to enemy units and the enemy leader if you're close enough.
Apparently someone has already encountered a Lvl 30
Spoiler:
Zetton
on the Battle Line Reddit.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

That piece is crazy. Need should be incoming

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Some characters from a Japanese-exclusive movie are now in this game, and it seems pretty unavoidable. I think use spoiler tags temporarily, but I think there's little to do to hide the inclusion of certain creatures anymore in the film. No one will get in trouble for only posting their names here (although preferably use spoiler tags), but please do not discuss any of the contents of that film.

Thanks, sorry for having to be annoying about this! ;)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.