Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by CyberZilla »

It’s beautiful, it’s just beautiful. The teeth are kinda weird on both G’s but oh well. Hopefully they’re fixed up a bit on release.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Man, Mazco really needs to knock off what they're doing with these fucking teeth. Just mold the teeth as part of the damn heads please.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The teeth are... off... But I am hyped for the MG and KC. Finally being able to have MG in an AOA display on a shelf will be great.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:33 pm
When does everyone think we'll see more of the Mechagodzilla set?

Legion is starting to build a pretty rich history of bringing figure releases into existence merely by speaking about them…

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

king_ghidorah wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:10 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:33 pm
When does everyone think we'll see more of the Mechagodzilla set?

Legion is starting to build a pretty rich history of bringing figure releases into existence merely by speaking about them…
C'moooooon Godzilla vs. Megalon set! Just imagine a G'73 with beam effect or the "pipe."

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

There a better deal than EE right now? (Free shipping with their HOLIDAYFREE22 code)

Also, if anyone knows of any Mezco codes, I'd sure love to know them too. ;)

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I've been predicting a Megalon set for months now. The Godzilla sculpt for that suit already exists, Megalon and Jet Jaguar are fan favorites and it's the best way to get Gigan into this series without having to double dip on Angilas and Ghidorah or release yet another Godzilla based on the 1968 suit.

After that I guess it's a crapshoot since all the big names would be spoken for. I'd like to see a Son of Godzilla set, since that gets us a Kumonga.

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:09 pm I've been predicting a Megalon set for months now. The Godzilla sculpt for that suit already exists, Megalon and Jet Jaguar are fan favorites and it's the best way to get Gigan into this series without having to double dip on Angilas and Ghidorah or release yet another Godzilla based on the 1968 suit.

After that I guess it's a crapshoot since all the big names would be spoken for. I'd like to see a Son of Godzilla set, since that gets us a Kumonga.
I need a Gabara.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

What I would love to see is a Godzilla's Revenge set featuring a straight reused 1968 Godzilla (cuts down on costs), Minya with a doofier new head, Gabara and Ichiro. Perfect way to finally give us an Ichiro figure after all these years.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

A Megalon set would also coincide nicely with the film's anniversary in 2023, which Toho might be prepping for celebration of in other departments, so it would be prime time for merchandise.

I'd be all for a Son of Godzilla or Revenge set too, though.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Every time I see photos I feel like I need these, and then I look at the price and decide to stick with MMS... but if I were new to Godzilla fandom, and starting a collection brand new, I'd absolutely start with these.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm really confused at what people's problem with the price of these toys are? With the Mechagodzilla set you're getting three monsters and multiple effects parts for every figure. For all that BBTS is asking $65. Considering the price of Godzilla crap these days I feel like you're getting a lot for a bargain here.

I dont get it.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I think a lot of people see $20+ as steep for a 4 inch figure. Especially one that’s a domestic release and not an import. But I agree, I think these sets are a pretty good value for the price.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I REALLY hope we get some out of left field releases, like an Atragon set with the Gotengo, Manda and Mu lady. Or a Space Amoeba set. Not holding my breath, but I hope. An Son of Godzilla set would be very welcome. Hell, even a Rodan '56 set with two distinct Rodan sculpts and some buildings/tanks/rocket launchers would be cool.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:06 am I think a lot of people see $20+ as steep for a 4 inch figure. Especially one that’s a domestic release and not an import. But I agree, I think these sets are a pretty good value for the price.
But that's if you're nutty enough to break down the price like that and not look at the bigger picture. These are highly detailed little figurines (some approach Xplus quality) with extra body and effects parts, stands and, in the case of the Hedorah set, little buildings to create a display. To me thats more than worth the money these cost.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I gotta agree with Legion on this one. These sets are really nice for the price point, especially when price creep has made the reliable budget-friendly brands like NECA almost double before our eyes. I would understand if they were stylized like the Super7 reactions, but these look pretty good for the most part.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah exactly. People are dropping $20 a pop for those dinky ReAction toys that look like figures from the 1970s and don't come with nothing extra, but $65 for everything Mezco is giving you is a problem?

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

Agreed. Bandai MMS is nice, but these stunningly surpass what we have previously experienced with domestic licensees (even right now with Playmates).
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:23 am I REALLY hope we get some out of left field releases, like an Atragon set with the Gotengo, Manda and Mu lady. Or a Space Amoeba set. Not holding my breath, but I hope. An Son of Godzilla set would be very welcome. Hell, even a Rodan '56 set with two distinct Rodan sculpts and some buildings/tanks/rocket launchers would be cool.
Agreed, but I'm scared they will give us DAM Manda, and I fear even more they might stop there with him (His Atragon version is a major want from me).

Space Amoeba would be a stunner. Two different Rodans is not something I'd ever expect we'd see, though. Movie-based sets would become lopsided over time with ones like Varan, and unless they do a cost-effective maser tank mold to include in multiple sets, I doubt we'd get those characters but for inclusion in mixed sets at some point.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gojirasaur wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:04 am Agreed. Bandai MMS is nice, but these stunningly surpass what we have previously experienced with domestic licensees (even right now with Playmates).
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:23 am I REALLY hope we get some out of left field releases, like an Atragon set with the Gotengo, Manda and Mu lady. Or a Space Amoeba set. Not holding my breath, but I hope. An Son of Godzilla set would be very welcome. Hell, even a Rodan '56 set with two distinct Rodan sculpts and some buildings/tanks/rocket launchers would be cool.
Agreed, but I'm scared they will give us DAM Manda, and I fear even more they might stop there with him (His Atragon version is a major want from me).

Space Amoeba would be a stunner. Two different Rodans is not something I'd ever expect we'd see, though. Movie-based sets would become lopsided over time with ones like Varan, and unless they do a cost-effective maser tank mold to include in multiple sets, I doubt we'd get those characters but for inclusion in mixed sets at some point.
Well, with Varan you could have him standing, crawling, and in glide form. I'd spend $60 on 4 Varan poses. :P

Quote of the Year:

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:46 pm
Gojirasaur wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:04 am Agreed. Bandai MMS is nice, but these stunningly surpass what we have previously experienced with domestic licensees (even right now with Playmates).

Well, with Varan you could have him standing, crawling, and in glide form. I'd spend $60 on 4 Varan poses. :P
You just might be alone in that. ;)