Official Dungeons and Dragons/Pathfinder Thread

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Spuro
Keizer

Official Dungeons and Dragons/Pathfinder Thread

Post by Spuro »

I don't get to make big "Official" threads often, so I'll happily steal this opportunity.

To repeat my post in the Table Top/Board Games thread, because I'm lazy...

I'm a Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 edition) player who got into tabletop RPGs fairly late in life, about three years ago. I already had prior experience in Text-Based RPGs (the type of stuff you'll see in the RPG subforum on this site), so I already had a groundwork for the roleplaying and character developing aspects of the game. One of my Text-Based RPG buddies roped a bunch of us into trying a 3.5 game module, Red Hand of Doom, and after a bit of struggle to get a grasp on the rules of dice-based RPGs we've been going strong ever since.

I play entirely online (don't know anyone in my area who's interested), on Roll20.com's virtual tabletop system. The Dungeons and Dragons games that I play differ from the style most are familiar with, since our roleplay (descriptions of character actions, dialogue, etc) is all text-based, rather than voice-acted. This is because of that Text-Based RPG background me and most of my group have — for us it's easier to settle into character when writing, as opposed to acting.

I've got a passing familiarity with 5th edition (we have a campaign in that edition planned a few months from now) and Pathfinder's 1st edition (very similar, even near-identical, to 3.5). I have limited experience as a DM too; currently running a lengthily homebrew 3.5 campaign called The Starlight Stones. Most of my experience is as a player, though.
Last edited by Spuro on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Terasawa wrote: "Sure he hates women, people of color, and LGBTQ people, but at least he hates Disney Star Wars too."
Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan indo muu
Rusuto uiraandoa, hanba hanbamuyan, randa banunradan
Tounjukanraa
Kasaku yaanmu