Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just checked out of curiosity and the Rathian and Rathalos have 4 subspecies and 9 non subspecies variants between them. Plus at least 2 closely related wyverns who would only require relatively minor alterations. That's 15 figures (16 if you include the Rathian) they can get out of just their 2nd sculpt. That's a lot of repaint value.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Just checked out of curiosity and the Rathian and Rathalos have 4 subspecies and 9 non subspecies variants between them. Plus at least 2 closely related wyverns who would only require relatively minor alterations. That's 15 figures (16 if you include the Rathian) they can get out of just their 2nd sculpt. That's a lot of repaint value.
Neca would have been in heaven with Rathalos.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

miguelnuva wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Just checked out of curiosity and the Rathian and Rathalos have 4 subspecies and 9 non subspecies variants between them. Plus at least 2 closely related wyverns who would only require relatively minor alterations. That's 15 figures (16 if you include the Rathian) they can get out of just their 2nd sculpt. That's a lot of repaint value.
Neca would have been in heaven with Rathalos.
"too niche" and not 80's
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Looks like burning g is starting to ship i saw an in hand box pic on insta
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

July 4th-5th Tamashii Features 2020.

S.H.MonsterArts will be present. This is a platform that is normally used to showcase prototypes that have yet to be commercialized to garner feedback. Using VR 360 tech to tour the 3D space and from my understanding this will be free for everyone around the world to view. More info to come as it get's closer.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That's sick
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Naruto65 wrote: S.H.MonsterArts will be present. This is a platform that is normally used to showcase prototypes that have yet to be commercialized to garner feedback.
As in, older ones that have already been produced like the Kou Kyou Kyoku Shin or upcoming stuff?

Either way, very interesting. Hope it's a good showing for the line!

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Hopefully they gives us something cool Godzilla(Showa) or Gamera (enemies) related to tie us over until they can show off all the GvK figs they are sitting on. Titanosaurus and a Gyoas would make me very happy.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

Hopefully it isn't just Monster Hunter or MonsterVerse figures at the presentation
Last edited by Ironcarnage101 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Obviously, the VR aspect is hinting at Ready Player One Mechagodzilla being revealed/s

Seriously, this is really cool, even if we get nothing new

RIP Evan.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Hell yeah something to look forward too finally !!!

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Obviously, the VR aspect is hinting at Ready Player One Mechagodzilla being revealed/s

Really?!? You really think they are hinting in that direction????

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Obviously, the VR aspect is hinting at Ready Player One Mechagodzilla being revealed/s

......../s means I'm being sarcastic, bud
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
GodzillavsGamera wrote:

......../s means I'm being sarcastic, bud

Oh.. my bad, kid

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Naruto65 wrote:July 4th-5th Tamashii Features 2020.

S.H.MonsterArts will be present. This is a platform that is normally used to showcase prototypes that have yet to be commercialized to garner feedback. Using VR 360 tech to tour the 3D space and from my understanding this will be free for everyone around the world to view. More info to come as it get's closer.
more monster hunter please
your source of self destruction

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Looks like Tamashi is celebrating the Alien anniversary and reissuing their Big Chap Alien.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Looks like Tamashi is celebrating the Alien anniversary and reissuing their Big Chap Alien.
For anyone thinking about getting one; save yourself the hassle and just get the Figma Alien which is already on sale at most online retailers.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Looks like Tamashi is celebrating the Alien anniversary and reissuing their Big Chap Alien.
That's news to me. I havent heard anything from Tamashii regarding a re-issue of what essentially halted further production of the AVP line. (I think it's still available at MSRP or less at some retailers as of this writing).

There's a few other things to consider as well like this year was the 41st anniversary, already an odd year to celebrate it again. Alien celebration is in May, not July.

I see that Big Bad Toy Store has a "preorder" but that could very well be remaining stock from Bluefin. Another red flag it's not a reissue is that they plan to ship it within the end of the month which is in a few days? And no other retailer has any info, not even Japan retailers which get the product well before the USA.

I'm banking on extra units from Bluefin's warehouse or they found some extra of their own stock.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Ewww!! No anything but that!!!!