Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Legion1979 »

I dumped my MonsterArts a few years back, but if I had bought the original Mechaghidorah back in (what?) 2014 and was proud to have it on my shelf, I think I'd be a little pissed if all these years later Bandai started putting out objectively better releases of the same thing.

"Gee, I have Mechaghidorah on my shelf and it cost me a pretty penny. But now it's back with the machine hand and the option to display with damaged wings. But I really cant afford to buy this again. That kind of sucks." - would be my response if hypothetically I still collected this stuff.

And the fact that they want to double dip on ALL the Heisei characters before going anywhere near guys like Baragon, Angilas (any version) or showa versions of Rodan, Gigan, Mothra and Ghidorah is so bizarre.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:09 am I dumped my MonsterArts a few years back, but if I had bought the original Mechaghidorah back in (what?) 2014 and was proud to have it on my shelf, I think I'd be a little pissed if all these years later Bandai started putting out objectively better releases of the same thing.

"Gee, I have Mechaghidorah on my shelf and it cost me a pretty penny. But now it's back with the machine hand and the option to display with damaged wings. But I really cant afford to buy this again. That kind of sucks." - would be my response if hypothetically I still collected this stuff.
Its aggravating to say the least but I feel like if someone really wants a rerelease of a figure of what they already have they could easily sell the one they have and buy the newer version. Again I'm glad that others can get this figure now but annoying that they always try to improve what they could have done in the first place.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Again, the machine hand is not a new addition. It was part of the original release.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

A new released figure is usually always better than the first release that's why they retool it. Also If anyone hates how Tamashii is with this line, Power Rangers would blow you're head off with MMPR.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

BBTS has him up for $295. Isn't that, like, way above conversion?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fermix wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:13 pm BBTS has him up for $295. Isn't that, like, way above conversion?
That's BBTS' norm. Especially if it's a web exclusive.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Fermix wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:13 pm BBTS has him up for $295. Isn't that, like, way above conversion?
US MSRP hasn't followed currency conversion for a while now. Pretty much since 2018.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

So, if this is priced around $300ish in the US, with current exchange rates, even after high shipping costs it might actually be cheaper to import it from a Japanese retailer.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

If I can do it, I usually go through BBTS anyway just because their customer service has been good. If a part is missing or even some out of the package breakage occurs, they've been good, and I'll pay a bit extra for that. Also, if you are ordering other stuff too, their order stacking and $4 shipping is really exploitable (I recently had them ship Hedorah, two other figures, and Castle Greyskull for $4, which I hadn't honestly expected, I didn't think it would apply due to sheer bulk, that box was half the size of a coffin, but they did it).

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Love Ghidorah but $265 at lowest is still a bit too high for me atm, especially since they just took $175 for Hedorah.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

What are the chances someone gives their Hedorah a crazy color scheme like we see on vinyls? :Hedorah:

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Doing a custom repaint on Hedorah would be tricky, that mold is a lot more complex than can be indicated in pictures. I'm sure someone could but the effort would be immense.

I was looking at recent MonsterArts re/releases and it wasn't till today seeing Mecha-Ghidorah and Gigan both up for sale that I realized 'flying cyborg with capture cables' was something that had happened more than once in the Godzilla movies. I never did get a Gigan, I have too many 'upright dinosaur' looking things already but after looking at my stuff, I think I can make MechaGhidorah work. Another neat three headed weird one, that's distinct from my SCV 2019, adds something new. Especially since it's also a cyborg, it gives a totally different impression. If they'd reissued the non-mecha one I'd probably have skipped it.

Going to be an expensive year of I can get it, Mitzuhune, Rose Biollante, and Mechagodzilla. I wonder if the claws can fit around Ghidorah 2019?
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

SP Rodan processing soon on BBTS!
:terrestris:

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Glad to see MKG is getting a reissue so others can get one without having to cave to the scalpers! It is easily among the best figures of the line (if I had a Kiryu to compare it to, I might even say the best)! Seeing what the preorders are listed at on the usual distributors, I evidently got very lucky with the price I bought mine at considering how long it had been since they were first produced. The swappable damaged wings are a neat addition, but it's not enough for me to double dip on it. If it had a damn beam effect however, I might have considered selling the one I own for the upcoming reissue.. Maybe it'll follow the Kiryu story get a eventual third release with a beam and MOTHER accessory, but no damaged wings or machine hand :lol:

Edit:
Never watched/played Monster Hunter, but hell if that Mizutsune SHMA doesn't look gorgeous.. I might get that just because it looks like the most detailed thing to come from Tamashii in a while. Who knows, maybe that will also serve as a springboard into other all-fours monsters such as Anguirus or Baragon... Oh wait, those are Showa so that won't happen
Last edited by Missingno. on Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I had placed an order for Hedorah on Amazon but I got an email today saying it had been delayed indefinitely. BBTS showed it in stock so I went and ordered it from them instead.

I had decided I’m not going to preorder stuff anymore because of the insane delays and orders getting cancelled at random (case in point I guess. I placed the order for Hedorah one day prior to amazon’s listed in-stock date). But then you never know what’s going to sell out on preorder and what will sit around for ages or even go on discount.

Speaking of discounts, Amazon had the GvsK MechaGodzilla on sale recently for $97. I was really tempted to grab it but I do try to stick to the budget I set aside for this stuff. And that’s far from my favorite MG design.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

BBTS has SP Rodan in stock.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:00 am BBTS has SP Rodan in stock.
Yep. Mine is sitting in my pile of loot until they also get the SHFA Shin Zoffy in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If Tamashii could give me the gemstone Godzilla and Godzilla the ride I won't mind paying 100 for each. Just want to add them to the collection.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla designs are pretty much all I'm interested in collecting from this line anymore so I say bring 'em on.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 pm If Tamashii could give me the gemstone Godzilla and Godzilla the ride I won't mind paying 100 for each. Just want to add them to the collection.
I don't know about SHMA, but I fully expect an MMS release of the Gemstone stuff.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?