K.W.C. Match Trivia

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: K.W.C. Match Trivia

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Match 192 ORIGINALLY ended with Kamacuras chopping of Kong's head

It's also an obvious rush job
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Match 192 ORIGINALLY ended with Kamacuras chopping of Kong's head
Very much true. I made the edit to where he severs Kong's spinal cord because I felt Kamacuras doing a full decapitation on Kong would've been too out-there. I dunno, never saw Kamacuras as one to decapitate Kong (I'm sure he could do it to someone... Maybe the Gargantua family). Plus, I also thought it would've been a good chance to show off the "teeth".
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

I had been working on Match 150 for several months, with no end in sight. Because of my schedule, it likely would've taken me another 5-7 months to complete. Then December rolled around. There was a scheduling conflict with my work, where I was expected to be in 2 places at once. As if that wasn't bad enough, there were similar scheduling conflicts for the remainder of that week. Since the organizers at my work didn't care, nor did they make any effort to take responsibility for their mistake, I responded by ditching all the meetings that week in favor of finishing my KWC story.

Don't worry, I didn't lose my job. ;)
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Tomzilla wrote:I had been working on Match 150 for several months, with no end in sight. Because of my schedule, it likely would've taken me another 5-7 months to complete. Then December rolled around. There was a scheduling conflict with my work, where I was expected to be in 2 places at once. As if that wasn't bad enough, there were similar scheduling conflicts for the remainder of that week. Since the organizers at my work didn't care, nor did they make any effort to take responsibility for their mistake, I responded by ditching all the meetings that week in favor of finishing my KWC story.

Is this the definition of "dedication"?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Match 192 came from the idea of Kong vs. The Deadly Mantis, and was meant to troll people with an invincible Kamacuras :lol:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Tomzilla wrote:I had been working on Match 150 for several months, with no end in sight. Because of my schedule, it likely would've taken me another 5-7 months to complete. Then December rolled around. There was a scheduling conflict with my work, where I was expected to be in 2 places at once. As if that wasn't bad enough, there were similar scheduling conflicts for the remainder of that week. Since the organizers at my work didn't care, nor did they make any effort to take responsibility for their mistake, I responded by ditching all the meetings that week in favor of finishing my KWC story.

Win-win as far as we're concerned. :lol:
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Match 193 originally had more ties with the Universal Frankenstein movie than it does now. However, due to copyright laws I had to make a few last minute changes and edits, mostly resulting in clarification regarding public domain figures and characters. I'm still happy how it turned out regardless.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

shippersdreamer wrote:Match 193 originally had more ties with the Universal Frankenstein movie than it does now. However, due to copyright laws I had to make a few last minute changes and edits, mostly resulting in clarification regarding public domain figures and characters. I'm still happy how it turned out regardless.
Or at least there were ties to Universal that we didn't want to, uh, tip Arbok over the edge or anything. Y'know, as Henry Frankenstein (or Victor) doesn't really belong to Toho or anything. So just the public domain Dr. Frankenstein had to do.

Pair of kings.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

In my Desghidorah vs. Grand King Ghidorah match which takes place on the Moon. I originally had planned on having their fight being noticed by people from one side of the Earth which word would eventually spread throughout the other side of the planet before finally reaching NASA who would've then investigated catching footage of the two three-headed dragons and shown it around cities all over the world (One of these cities shown would've been people from the Time Square in New York watching the footage of their fight).

However because of the distance between the Earth and the Moon, such a thing wouldn't have been realistic nor people would've noticed so I scrapped the idea. Shame really, would've had lot of potential...

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

You could have pulled it off if they damaged the planet with their attacks

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Lain Of The Wired wrote:You could have pulled it off if they damaged the planet with their attacks
Well I would've done so right now but the fact I already sent it in and KaijuX making a recent announcement we can't extract matches back to edit, its kind of too late now, but no big deal, I'm actually happy with the way my match eventually turned out in the end.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The original draft for Gamera vs. Gezora had a very different premise and ending. Instead of Gezora being a pawn of Yog, he would have instead been controlled by the most unexpected of aliens - the Xiliens! In the draft version, Gezora was hopelessly outmatched by Gamera, and was defeated early on in the match. The rest of the match featured Gamera fighting a swarm of Xilien Small Figher UFOs and the Xilien Mothership. Then, in a shocking twist, Gezora returns, constricts Gamera with his tentacles, and snaps the Guardian of the Universe's neck!

But Gamera's suffering would not have ended there. In the epilogue of the fight, it would be revealed that the Xilien Commander had revived and captured Gamera, having the terrapin battle Gezora over and over and be resurrected after every defeat.

...Yeah, the version you got was much better than that mess.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Birdman wrote: Gamera fighting a swarm of Xilien Small Figher UFOs and the Xilien Mothership. Then, in a shocking twist, Gezora returns, constricts Gamera with his tentacles, and snaps the Guardian of the Universe's neck!
The idea of Gamera fighting a swarm of Xilien ships along with the Mothership sounds cool, but yeah the rest of it sounds weird. Especially that plan for an epilogue, seriously what?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

having the terrapin battle Gezora over and over and be resurrected after every defeat.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I completely forgot to talk about this in the KWCC, so here's some trivia about match 201:

- I've always wanted a Mothra vs Mechagodzilla match to happen ever since I discovered the KWC, it seemed like a really good match-up since they're both very popular and there could be a nature vs machine dynamic that I did sort of implement in the match.

- I made the line of the Cosmos mentioning that Mothra defeated Godzilla before to be a reference to Godzilla vs Mothra (Heisei).

- Originally, Mothra was already using her lightning and that's what made Kuronuma tell Mogul to turn the shield on.

- I actually had another ending in mind,
Spoiler:
while I wanted Mechagodzilla to win from the start, I started feeling bad for Mothra because she only had one win so I thought of an ending where Mothra shoots lightning at Mechagodzilla and short circuits him then twists his head off which would lead to the Simians leaving the island in a "I'll get you next time!" moment. In the end, I decided to go with Mechagodzilla winning.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
Spoiler:
which would lead to the Simians leaving the island in a "I'll get you next time!" moment. In the end, I decided to go with Mechagodzilla winning.
Spoiler:
I'm now picturing this mental image of Kuronuma as Dr. Claw. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

So, fun fact about the most recent KWC (208 as of this post)!

I used this image for the background--so it's very much Birth Island!

The excess amount of fog / dust was to conceal Little Godzilla, as I slapped Junior on top of him. :lol:

Also used this specific image for the Female MUTO in the banner! Oh how far desaturation and minor color correction takes you a long way. ;)

Might not be trivia for the actual match (that'll have to be left to UD), but here's trivia on the banner! :)

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Match 208 is a weird psuedo prequal to Final Wars, of course not everything would make sense, but use your imagination.

Junior may or may not be dead, that's up to you.

The original ending had Muto succumb to mind control but having her natural instincts to reproduce override the control. She and Gororin would win, but I like what Greyshot did for the ending. :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Since this had been brought up again.

Another trivia fact from my Utsuno Ikusagami vs. Gabara match. Inspiration came from that SyFy original movie Ogre.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

All right, now for those extra trivia bits! And for those who missed out, here are the ones I posted originally (won't be spoiler-tagged).
KaijuX wrote:-We're somewhat aware that the whole "Orga transformation" gig is similar to last year's Halloween Special with Match 185. But once again, it was a necessary tactic we had to pull for the narrative's sake. I think part of it was obvious that I originally proposed we add Shin Godzilla to the KWC; Shin Orga was very much the compromise from that.

-Originally, I envisioned the match as "MUTO vs. Mechani-Kong vs. Orga", with those three being the absolute and necessary characters that I insisted we keep. Legendary Godzilla and the Skullcrawler(s) were added after revisions to my original outline (as part of my outline had LP Godzilla appearing at the end as a cameo, with him either discovering that the MUTOs had laid their eggs and hatched OR that Shin Orga was sprouting into the humanoids).

-Ebirah was also meant to have a full-fledged sequence at Letchi Island, but we found that it was better for pacing purposes to have the Male MUTO already have killed Ebirah when we're introduced to him in the story. Shame, because now looking back on it, I would've loved to have a very brief fight that had Ebirah. Dude hasn't seen action in a while... Though with the amount of losses under his belt, I think it was for the better.

-Although Jackson is ultimately credited for the work on the banner, I'm the one responsible for the Shin Orga design you see there. Only reason I wasn't credited was because Jackson did the majority of the work. ;)

-Also, minor spoilers, the banner does not accurately reflect what happens in the match. Well, kinda. :lol: At least, if you're expecting a full-fledged free-for-all between the 5 combatants (technically 6), only 3 of them carry the fight to Vladivostok. :P
Here is the "original" banner--or by technicality, the first version I composed in my head.
Originally, the banner for what became 211 was going to be a slideshow GIF banner (akin to Match 190) that showcased nearly all the forms of Shin Orga. But time constraints and whatnot, couldn't quite do that. :P Consider this a remnant of that idea.

I'll continue to add here when they come to mind--but this was one idea. :P

Pair of kings.