What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Disney+ show, First Alaskans.

3 episodes in, and loving it.

Added in 1 hour 31 minutes 37 seconds:
It's a small step, but it's a first.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... fa32e096db
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My sister is bringing my new phone over. Got the new Google Pixel 7.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

We're currently right around the mid-point of the GuignolFest 72-Hour Horror Film Project. Our team was assigned a genre on Friday night, along with a list of required elements, and we have through Monday night to turn all that into a 7 minute short horror film.

The genre we drew was sci-fi (meaning sci-fi horror, of course)
We have to include pumpkin pie and/or coffee, ideally as a weapon
We have to include a character named Christopher or Christina Todd Penn
We have to include the line, "You're not completely useless. You can always be used as a bad example."

My wife and I got the script finished around 3:30 AM yesterday, and we started production around 2:00 PM and shot until 2:30 AM - after which I had to get all the footage backed up and ingested into the editing program. Then I woke up early this morning to sync all that footage. Over the last two nights, I've gotten a total of 7 hours' sleep.

Today my wife will start editing, and I'll be heading back out to start shooting again at 2:30.

I'm exhausted, obviously, but also absolutely pumped. We have a great cast and crew, and a cool location, and I'm loving everything we've shot so far. Some of my teammates are people I only met face-to-face for the first time yesterday, others are people I go back over twenty years with.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

where to begin?
Got my first paycheck for acting.
Finished my first paid crew gig.
Survived an asthma attack to attend graduation, and received shared awards for best art design AND director!
And last but certainly not least, spent the evening with a wonderful person watching movies last night. Maybe I finally believe in love again....?
Maybe we're all gonna make it guys 🥲
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:10 am where to begin?
Survived an asthma attack to attend graduation, and received shared awards for best art design AND director!
And last but certainly not least, spent the evening with a wonderful person watching movies last night. Maybe I finally believe in love again....?
I officially love this post. So happy for you!

Added in 1 hour 15 minutes 30 seconds:
And now for more good news on my front! After spending an amazing few days working on that horror short for GuignolFest (which turned out very well, but we had to cut a lot of good material to meet the festival's runtime requirement, so we'll be putting together a longer director's cut soon), I was kind of bummed to just be going back to my normal job today. However, as I was headed in, my wife texted to let me know that our earlier project "Charlotte on the Rebound" just got into the Dark Scream film festival!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The company I work for recently produced a Halloween Uber Eats commercial directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane, Prey). I only had a little involvement in it, but it's certainly one of the coolest things I've gotten to be a part of in my professional life.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:10 am where to begin?
Awesomess man, keep it up! Proud to see you already getting paid & earning awards! And finding that someone? Badass all around, king.

I recently worked on a short film for three days as a PA for free.
eabaker wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:27 pm The company I work for recently produced a Halloween Uber Eats commercial directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane, Prey). I only had a little involvement in it, but it's certainly one of the coolest things I've gotten to be a part of in my professional life.

Very cool, very cool. One day we'll work together, one day :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I met someone with a massive dog, both the guy and the dog were very nice, it honestly made my day go from boring to a good day.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Getting to see 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' on the big screen for the first time as part of a fathom event from Regal to celebrate the movie's 30th anniversary (even though it won't officially be until November 13th of course).

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Just got back from Guignolfest, where our film "Typical" screened. We took home awards for:

- Best ensemble
- Best supporting performance
- Best lighting
- Best screenplay

I'm feeling pretty good about this project. Looking forward to assembling the director's cut later this week!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

eabaker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:04 pm Just got back from Guignolfest, where our film "Typical" screened. We took home awards for:

- Best ensemble
- Best lighting
- Best screenplay

I'm feeling pretty good about this project. Looking forward to assembling the director's cut later this week!
Congratulations, dude!
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
eabaker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:04 pm Just got back from Guignolfest, where our film "Typical" screened. We took home awards for:

- Best ensemble
- Best lighting
- Best screenplay

Congratulations, dude!
Thank you!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

- Best ensemble
- Best lighting
- Best screenplay

Awesome!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

And today we released the first of three horror shorts we'll be putting out this month!

This is one I wrote and directed and my wife shot and edited. I'll post the other two as we release them later in the week (she's sitting across the room working on finishing touches for one of them right now).

Warning: The subject matter gets pretty dark. And there's a bit of tasteful gore.

If possible, watch with good stereo headphones/speakers. :)

Last edited by eabaker on Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im about to have my first scheduled day off in over a year.
I'll explain what happened: I work as a floor cleaner, the primary floor cleaner, at a store. I worked five days a week, 40 hours overall. My secondary floor cleaner, who worked the weekends, one day just disappeared, without a trace. He was VERY old, so I have suspicions about what happened to him. After this happened, I did what was probably a mistake, and agreed to take on those other two days until they could replace him. I didn't think it would take them a year. So for a whole year, I worked 7 days a week, 40 hours a week, with one or two days off a month that I had to request two weeks ahead of time. Im pretty sure my old manager just didnt want to bother hiring someone new. But now he's gone.

And within just over a week of getting a new manager, a new floor cleaner has been hired. So I will finally be able to have the weekends to myself again.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Damn, that sounded rough. Glad you’re out of it now :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I couldn't do seven days a week. Man, that must have been tough.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Definitely was tough, lmao. I cant help but feel like I couldn't have survived a few weeks longer. It feels like this weight that has been dragging me down has just been lifted. SPEAKING OF.....

Just did 3 circuits of squats, push ups, lunges, weight lifting, planks, and jumping jacks. I dunno, I decided I was tired of waiting for that spark to come back to me. You know, that enthusiasm for just living. Ive been a sad little sad sack for years at this point, and I decided Ive had enough and that if Im not gonna just suddenly become energized again, then Id have to make myself energized again.
Going to be keeping up a Two-Days-then-break formula for excercising. Ive been consistently brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash each day, Ive been consistently doing at least 7 hours of sleep. Going to be cutting out ALL candy, cookies, cakes, etc for the forseeable future (maybe Halloween will be a cheat day). Not ready to give up on Dr Pepper yet, but my philosophy will be that I will only drink doctor pepper while Im gaming (water any other time) which will transition into only gaming on the weekends and only drinking dr pepper on the weekends which will transition into no dr pepper at all.
Im going to be doing DAILY sketch excercises to help me find the love for drawing again, which will eventually lead me to starting up my webcomic again.
My spending habits will be the hardest challenge to conquer, and I took a big hit this week. Once my new work schedule gets started up, after the two upcoming Universal Trips, Im going to highly regulate my spending and have a mandatory $100 for food and $100 into savings. Sick and tired of having zero money all the time.
Finally, I want to limit youtube significantly and spend more time reading. Been sitting on this Lovecraft book for months.
Hail yourselves, everyone.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:31 pm Im about to have my first scheduled day off in over a year.
I'll explain what happened: I work as a floor cleaner, the primary floor cleaner, at a store. I worked five days a week, 40 hours overall. My secondary floor cleaner, who worked the weekends, one day just disappeared, without a trace. He was VERY old, so I have suspicions about what happened to him. After this happened, I did what was probably a mistake, and agreed to take on those other two days until they could replace him. I didn't think it would take them a year. So for a whole year, I worked 7 days a week, 40 hours a week, with one or two days off a month that I had to request two weeks ahead of time. Im pretty sure my old manager just didnt want to bother hiring someone new. But now he's gone.

And within just over a week of getting a new manager, a new floor cleaner has been hired. So I will finally be able to have the weekends to myself again.
Wow, glad things are better now. It's funny, but sad, that it took a new manager to see working 7 days a week isn't a good idea. I get your rationale for wanting to help out temporarily, but the idea of taking a new manager to come in shows how BS that all was.

I never worked seven days a week for an extended peroid of time, but during one of the busiest peroids of my life, I was attending college, doing a TESOL certification program, and working 3 part time jobs (three different jobs for three different locations I used to work at). I don't think I had any free time at that point, sans a couple of hours here and there.I told myself that it would all pay off, and it did, and it eventually did.

What sucks about being in college/18-22 is people assume you have lots of free time because you (most likely) don't have a family. I'd be asked to do things, and it was just assumed I was free, or if I said I was busy, I'd get smirked at.

Now that I'm older, I don't just do what is instantly offered. My free (and family) time is valuable. I have the experience (resume and mental ability) to know not to get taken advantage of.

Btw ExecutiveHamster, you ever listen to the Last Podcast on the Left?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:14 am Definitely was tough, lmao. I cant help but feel like I couldn't have survived a few weeks longer. It feels like this weight that has been dragging me down has just been lifted. SPEAKING OF.....

Just did 3 circuits of squats, push ups, lunges, weight lifting, planks, and jumping jacks. I dunno, I decided I was tired of waiting for that spark to come back to me. You know, that enthusiasm for just living. Ive been a sad little sad sack for years at this point, and I decided Ive had enough and that if Im not gonna just suddenly become energized again, then Id have to make myself energized again.
Going to be keeping up a Two-Days-then-break formula for excercising. Ive been consistently brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash each day, Ive been consistently doing at least 7 hours of sleep. Going to be cutting out ALL candy, cookies, cakes, etc for the forseeable future (maybe Halloween will be a cheat day). Not ready to give up on Dr Pepper yet, but my philosophy will be that I will only drink doctor pepper while Im gaming (water any other time) which will transition into only gaming on the weekends and only drinking dr pepper on the weekends which will transition into no dr pepper at all.
Im going to be doing DAILY sketch excercises to help me find the love for drawing again, which will eventually lead me to starting up my webcomic again.
My spending habits will be the hardest challenge to conquer, and I took a big hit this week. Once my new work schedule gets started up, after the two upcoming Universal Trips, Im going to highly regulate my spending and have a mandatory $100 for food and $100 into savings. Sick and tired of having zero money all the time.
Finally, I want to limit youtube significantly and spend more time reading. Been sitting on this Lovecraft book for months.
Hail yourselves, everyone.
It's funny that this should be minimal, basic self-maintenence stuff, but from a real-world perspective it reads like you're training for the Olympics. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio