If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by Moth »

I love y'all.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:16 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:06 am Please, for the love of his holiness Paul Reiser, can we add Gigan Miles and Gigan Rex to the KWC? :Gigan:

We very likely will. Not confirming yet just because we want to hold off a bit, avoid just going “new thing good, add now”, but yeah we definitely have our eyes on him and if we do add him it’s not gonna be a secret.

Gigan Miles will be assists for Gigan Rex if we do add him, btw. Not their own combatant, just because they very much are extensions of him.
I think instead of having Miles be nothing but assists, you guys should hybridize them the way the MUTOs are hybridized; male, female, queen and all that. In the KWC, they can just be referred to as:

Gigan (Reiwa): Cybernetic Armada ガイガン

Height: 115 meters (M) I 120 meters (R)
Weight: 60,000 tons (M) I 80,000 tons (R)
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:37 am I think instead of having Miles be nothing but assists, you guys should hybridize them the way the MUTOs are hybridized; male, female, queen and all that. In the KWC, they can just be referred to as:

This isn't a bad suggestion, though generally I try to keep distinctly named kaiju as separate entities (unless they're explicit transformations, like the Ultima lineage, Burning, Super, etc.) if possible. In the case of the MUTOs, the male, female, and queen are all collectively referred to as MUTO, then you have the distinctly named MUTO Prime.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:10 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:37 am I think instead of having Miles be nothing but assists, you guys should hybridize them the way the MUTOs are hybridized; male, female, queen and all that. In the KWC, they can just be referred to as:

This isn't a bad suggestion, though generally I try to keep distinctly named kaiju as separate entities (unless they're explicit transformations, like the Ultima lineage, Burning, Super, etc.) if possible. In the case of the MUTOs, the male, female, and queen are all collectively referred to as MUTO, then you have the distinctly named MUTO Prime.
I guess that’s true too.

I just feel that because Gigan Miles and Rex belong to the same lineage and are all shown together on-screen—not to mention that Gigan Miles are giant-sized, and not little pipsqueak Gigans (though dear Paul Reiser, that would be super funny)—it may be more fitting for them to be treated as the male, female and queen MUTOs in the KWC, rather than Gigan Miles being nothing more than just assists and not actual combatants.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:17 am I just feel that because Gigan Miles and Rex belong to the same lineage and are all shown together on-screen—not to mention that Gigan Miles are giant-sized, and not little pipsqueak Gigans (though dear Paul Reiser, that would be super funny)—it may be more fitting for them to be treated as the male, female and queen MUTOs in the KWC, rather than Gigan Miles being nothing more than just assists and not actual combatants.
Honestly, I kind of agree with the hybridization part. That way a writer could have just the one scout, as it were, or the whole armada coming down because technically, the Miles are a part of Rex as scene with the final laser bout.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Could you imagine the potential of Showa or Millennium Gigan seeing a thousand clones of himself?

And then Rex shows up and makes things worse.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:58 am Could you imagine the potential of Showa or Millennium Gigan seeing a thousand clones of himself?

And then Rex shows up and makes things worse.
Badass storytelling potential…

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:17 am I guess that’s true too.

I just feel that because Gigan Miles and Rex belong to the same lineage and are all shown together on-screen—not to mention that Gigan Miles are giant-sized, and not little pipsqueak Gigans (though dear Paul Reiser, that would be super funny)—it may be more fitting for them to be treated as the male, female and queen MUTOs in the KWC, rather than Gigan Miles being nothing more than just assists and not actual combatants.
Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:35 am Honestly, I kind of agree with the hybridization part. That way a writer could have just the one scout, as it were, or the whole armada coming down because technically, the Miles are a part of Rex as scene with the final laser bout.
Entirely understandable, and in my heart, I'd be more serious to consider it. However, persuading Anthony would be another story. We tried to opt for a hybridization for Showa and Millennium Mothra for the KWC, but that didn't pan out. Part of the reason he mentioned to me was because in the Mothra scenario, we have multiple distinct incarnations of Mothra (Legendary, Heisei) and then there'd be this one oddball of "Mothra (Hybrid)" that, simply put, he didn't really favor. When it comes to multiple incarnations, he'd rather keep them separate--or I guess in the case of hybrids, make them hybrids (he's not a fan of the hybrid system, but he's willing to let us use it). The same principle would apply here. If Rex and Miles were fused as "Gigan (Reiwa)", then we have Reiwa Gigan and Hybrid Gigan. So in order for this to work, one of two things:

1) Separate Showa and Millennium, add Reiwa with the interchangeability benefit between Miles and Rex.

2) Keep Hybrid, add Gigan Rex since he has his own name. Miles could be its own slot too, but I think them being Assists feels more appropriate for the part.

I think you guys will find we're more open to Giant Assists as opposed to it just being small-boys, just so long as it makes sense for the character and how they appear / what they do. That'll be an update for the end of the year.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm already an advocate for Showa and Millennium Gigan splitting, so I'd be fine if we went with the first option. Miles sounds like they'll be a bit better sharing the Reiwa Gigan label with Rex, so we'd have three Gigans; which isn't THAT big of a deal anyway since we have six Godzillas running around.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:29 am I'm already an advocate for Showa and Millennium Gigan splitting, so I'd be fine if we went with the first option. Miles sounds like they'll be a bit better sharing the Reiwa Gigan label with Rex, so we'd have three Gigans; which isn't THAT big of a deal anyway since we have six Godzillas running around.
Plus, given that the IDW comics and Atari Pipeworks games exist, we can still make sequels to one Gigan match where Showa Gigan gets upgraded into Millennium, or vice-versa, right?

For example, have a match where Millennium Gigan loses, but then make a sequel where Millennium has been upgraded into Showa Gigan and has a rematch with whoever beat him in the last match?

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
Also, I just realized something important. If the short film’s implications are to be perceived as canon, then Gigan Rex and Miles aren’t Reiwa Gigan.

They’re actually… … … ;)

Gigan (Heisei): Cybernetic Armada ガイガン

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Still wanting Polygon Novel Gigans

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:37 am Also, I just realized something important. If the short film’s implications are to be perceived as canon, then Gigan Rex and Miles aren’t Reiwa Gigan.

They’re actually… … … ;)

Gigan (Heisei): Cybernetic Armada ガイガン

nice try, haha. But I'm afraid they were released in the Reiwa Era; the Heisei Era has been passed since 2019 (though the Toho Series stipulation is that any Japanese Godzilla movie made from 2016 to 2019 are all Reiwa Series, much like how G'84 is Heisei Series, but made in the Showa Era).

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:25 am
1) Separate Showa and Millennium, add Reiwa with the interchangeability benefit between Miles and Rex.

2) Keep Hybrid, add Gigan Rex since he has his own name. Miles could be its own slot too, but I think them being Assists feels more appropriate for the part.

Honestly a little confused here because either way, you'll have a hybrid with the other version. Showa, Millennium and Reiwa or Hybrid & Reiwa. I don't see why you need to separate Showa and Millennium, especially since canon says they can be the same entity, merely upgraded like Monster X to Keizer Ghidorah for example. Regardless, if you can't hybridize Reiwa, then the assist option for Miles is probably for the best.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’d say assist option for Miles is our best bet. They can still fight, but they tend to be somewhat fragile as seen in the short compared to Gigan Rex. Plus like with the Meganula for Megaguirus, Gigan Rex can use them to power itself up and command them around like Legion with her soldiers.

Plus, we already have Showa Gigan. The Miles are basically just Showa Gigan, but they can extend their buzzsaws out. And before you guys say, “But the Miles can shoot a beam!”, We gave Showa his cut beam, which also is used in the FW Godzilla vs Showa Gigan short so we know what that looks like now. The only thing different between Showa and Miles is that Miles can extend their saws and disintegrate into cores to empower Gigan Rex.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I'd be fine with Rex and Miles being put together in the same slot - Where did "Miles" come from, by the way? I've never heard that until this thread. - but my main question is, would we be allowed to write a match where a single Miles, or a squad of Miles', fight the opponent without Rex himself showing up?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:08 pm I'd be fine with Rex and Miles being put together in the same slot - Where did "Miles" come from, by the way?
I was gonna say the same thing. For some reason, whenever I hear it, I think of a Gigan wearing a spider man suit.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:21 pmFor some reason, whenever I hear it, I think of a Gigan wearing a spider man suit.
I was thinking more the flying fox companion of a certain blue hedgehog. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:29 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:21 pmFor some reason, whenever I hear it, I think of a Gigan wearing a spider man suit.
I was thinking more the flying fox companion of a certain blue hedgehog. :P
I was thinking more of the chief engineer of ds9. Makes sense with Gigan being a cyborg. :pelops2:

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

The EVA 01 Godzilla hybrid from the upcoming Godzilla x Evangelion.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:08 pm I'd be fine with Rex and Miles being put together in the same slot - Where did "Miles" come from, by the way? I've never heard that until this thread. - but my main question is, would we be allowed to write a match where a single Miles, or a squad of Miles', fight the opponent without Rex himself showing up?
Gigan Miles is their name according to Wikizilla. I assume it comes from the behind the scenes stuff about the short from the live stream. Miles is Latin for soldier, which goes along with Rex being king.

As for the question about Miles without Rex in a match, I’d be fine with it personally, but that is something that will need to be discussed. I personally do lean more towards a hybridization than the assists route with them.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.