Kaiju Headcanon Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Kaiju Headcanon Thread

Post by Gojira1604 »

The Nebulan's home planet was so polluted that a Hedorah spawned there at some point(s).

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

War In Space is canon to the Showa Godzilla movies.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I believe Shin Godzilla is from a species distantly related to ichthyosaurs and crocodylomorphs, and originates from the late Triassic-early Jurassic eras where it mostly just swam around and ate smaller prey items. It's size was small at around 3 meters but the specimen that would become Shin Godzilla was a behemoth of its species, which is what got Goro Maki so fascinated by it to begin with. You can think of pre-mutation Shin's species to be something adjacent to Dakosaurus (which has actually been nicknamed Godzilla), which makes it possible that this specimen is what inspired Anno and Higuchi to create Shin's wild new origin.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Trying to paleotheory Shin Godzilla is an interesting thought excersize. He would be some kind of marine reptile, maybe not from the ancient past, but evolved parallel to what is existing now and stayed hidden. Think of it how those zebra relatives were found in South Asia only a decade or so ago.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:12 pm Trying to paleotheory Shin Godzilla is an interesting thought excersize. He would be some kind of marine reptile, maybe not from the ancient past, but evolved parallel to what is existing now and stayed hidden. Think of it how those zebra relatives were found in South Asia only a decade or so ago.
For sure, it's probably like a modern descendant of the ichthyosaurs but because Goro Maki and the research crews he was around didn't have any record of other contemporary members of its species, they immediately went under the assumption that the creature is prehistoric rather than realize its the current evolutionary descendant. So, in the Shinverse, Godzilla could theoretically be a descendant of either Dakosaurus or some kind of ichthyosaur but it's unknown if it branched off into its own group of species... If so, you gotta wonder how the other pre-mutation Shins are doing.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Whilst Godzilla was sleeping in Mt. Mihara between Return & Biollante, he was dreaming about the events of Pulgasari....
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Megalon is a cyborg like Gigan and was also created by the Nebulans. He was created by request to serve as Seatopia's attack dog and protector. Seatopian agents would sometimes act as their spies on Earth. Help explain why Seatopia just randomly happened to have the Nebulans' "contact information".
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

The Hellhawks evolved from Yiqi

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Oh that's a neat one.

One I like to think isn't so much a headcanon, but an observation and theory. I have probably said this before, but my theory/headcanon is that elements of The Resurrection Of Godzilla were recycled for use in the 1980 Toho earthquake movie.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

This one’s pretty random and has zero merit whatsoever, but I like to think that within the universe of the unmade Tristar/Jan De Bont film the reason for the ancient civilization’s extinction was Godzilla himself- probably after they arrogantly overestimated the amount of control they had on him or due to trying to utilize him as a weapon outside of his intended purpose, perhaps even for rivalry within their own fractions.
I can see the stasis chamber he’s in at the beginning being a last minute effort by the final survivors of this race who sacrificed themselves in an attempt to seal him for good and leave the warning/“manual” described in the script not to interfere with his actions in the future.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

I suspect Fuji and Glenn were killed on their approach to Planet X after the conclusion of IoAM. The aliens who remained on the planet would have known of the Earth’s devastating sonic weapon. They also would have known that the sonic weapon is ineffective in the void of space. Therefore to prevent the planet-wide destruction of their civilization the aliens would have blasted Fuji and Glenn’s rocket before they could enter the atmosphere.

Follinollante
Interpol Agent

Post by Follinollante »

Mothra Larva's webbing is caustic; this is why Godzilla and Ghidorah are beaten so easily by it.

Opti_the_Moth
Young Farmer

Post by Opti_the_Moth »

The Mysterians, Battle in Outer Space, Gorath and The War in Space all take place in the same continuity. While we know that the second movie is a loose sequel to the first, WiS is technically a sequel to Gorath because of Space Station Terra appearing in both movies.

Also I headcanon that these movies all take place in the Showa Godzilla continuity due to that Mecha-Ghidorah TV Magazine story that has the Mysterians, Natarls and Messiah 13 Aliens as part of the Dark Mysterious Star Alliance alongside the Xiliens, Kilaaks, Nebulans, Simians and Garogas. I would explain the Moon still existing in DAM as it is an artificial moon created by humanity completed months before the events of The War in Space

Besides the ones that are confirmed to take place in the continuity, I headcanon that Half Human, The Three Treasures, Matango, Dogora, Latitude Zero and Space Amoeba take place in the Showa Godzilla continuity.

I also headcanon that Gabara is also a real kaiju and that he is currently in Monsterland alongside Kamacuras, Oodako, Ookondoru and Ebirah

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Follinollante wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:06 pm Mothra Larva's webbing is caustic; this is why Godzilla and Ghidorah are beaten so easily by it.
That's a neat idea. ROM gave a boost to that ability, with having the silk have somewhat of an energy shockwave effect.

I think the reason why so many monsters are easily beaten by webbing though is that it just immobilizes them. Killing Godzilla is hard, but immobilizing him isn't. It's a simple idea but works.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Ghidorah ain't coming back after his fight with Godzilla in The Planet Eater.

Godzilla tore off his jaw on one head, blasted another apart with his heat ray and blasted completely through the third head's skull.

Ghidorah's fucking dead.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:19 pm Ghidorah ain't coming back after his fight with Godzilla in The Planet Eater.

Godzilla tore off his jaw on one head, blasted another apart with his heat ray and blasted completely through the third head's skull.

Ghidorah's fucking dead.
Yeah his three headed ass got obliterated. Not everything can be resurrected *ahem* FNAF *ahem*
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Remember back when Fnaf was just a decently fun game with a moderately interesting story behind it? I miss those days.

G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Post by G.H.B »

The Simians were galactic arms dealers before their planetary crisis, and loaned out tech to the Nebulans to aid in the construction of Gigan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Exif sabotaged MechaGodzilla behind the Bilusaludo's back. That's why it didn't activate when Godzilla was right on top of them.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Planet X developed an artificial oxygen around their world in preparation for taking control of Godzilla & Rodan. Hence why they could breath on its surface against Ghidorah.