Most hated characters in fiction?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Most hated characters in fiction?

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I'm probably gonna get some flak for this, but I don't like Saitama. I get that him being OP and such is the joke and all, but it just ends up making him boring imho, since there's never going to be any real threat as he can one punch everything. It just doesn't make One-Punch Man as a whole interesting to me.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The entire cast of The Predator (2018), almost everyone in The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, and the entire cast of Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

For those of you who are defending Shinji as a good character for reasons, by that logic can Haruo from the Godzilla anime trilogy be considered a good character too?

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Ronnie Anne ('The Loud House') is a long overdue addition to my list for the reasons brought up by these deviantart users:

https://www.deviantart.com/foreverevane ... -742397317

https://www.deviantart.com/regulas314/s ... e/20490582

Suffice it to say, I have no intention of ever watching 'The Casagrandes'.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Here are some fictional beings that grind my gears.

Sonic: This little asshat is such an arrogant asshole to everyone he meets, and he's so goddamn annoying.
Ness: PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE OKAY
Jan Levinson: I'm sure you can get why I hate her.
Brainy Smurf: What a smartass.
Rose Tico: I'm ALSO sure you can get why I hate her.
Caillou: What a little poop.
Peppa Pig: Fat shaming ain't cool. Not to mention she's the rudest little girl I've ever seen.
Sid the Sloth: Man screw this guy.
LITERALLY THE ENTIRE MINION RACE
Janet (The Good Place): I just find her monotone voice super grating.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
Forgot to mention Haruo Sakaki and Ford Brody.
You hated Brainy Smurf, too? Good!

That one was an absolute idiot who only talked just to show off, but no one listened to him. I have no idea why Papa Smurf chose him above any of the others to be his apprentice. Even he said to Clumsy Smurf in one early TV episode ("The Smurf's Apprentice"), "Brainy is my apprentice and he's more than enough."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Leviarex wrote:Ronnie Anne ('The Loud House') is a long overdue addition to my list for the reasons brought up by these deviantart users:

https://www.deviantart.com/foreverevane ... -742397317

https://www.deviantart.com/regulas314/s ... e/20490582

Suffice it to say, I have no intention of ever watching 'The Casagrandes'.
I always found that offputting. Season 1 Ronnie doesn't feel remotely like the one in her spinoff, and there wasn't anything in between that showed her actually getting rid of her bullying phase so it felt like it just happened out of nowhere.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Speaking of Loud House, my character from that show I hate has to be Lynn Jr. Out of all the sisters she’s probably the objective worst, and she has an annoying attitude and she’s just overall annoying.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Of them all, its gotta be Lola for me.

Perfect definition of an spoiled brat. Not to mention an constant diva who antagonizes her own siblings notably Lincoln when she doesn't get her way and always acting like she's rich.

Also an tattle-tale and an narcissist.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Speaking of Loud House, my character from that show I hate has to be Lynn Jr. Out of all the sisters she’s probably the objective worst, and she has an annoying attitude and she’s just overall annoying.
Friend of mine that is active on the fandom told me that the only people that like Lynn are the ones that ship her with Lincoln.

Pretty accurate from what I've seen
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've started watching 101 Dalmatian Street lately and it gave me a character to add: Clarissa. Oh good lord i skreoonking hate Clarissa. Everything from her incredibly snobby voice to her constant use of "ruff-raff" (which is a terrible dog based pun tbh) and just being such a narcissist. Yes i get she's meant to be hated as an antagonist, but honestly, they makers of this show did it too good. Like, to the point i want to honestly reach through the TV and strangle her.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I know this is going to ruffle some feathers here, but screw it: Jamie from 'Halloween' 4 and 5. She's nothing but a (mostly) useless, pathetic, one dimensional brat.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jar Jar Binks..... but what if he looked like this

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/Kyqku ... bcf28b4b2e

Darth Jar Jar.

Would have made him sooo fucking cool.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I remember reading somewhere that the most-hated Hanna-Barbera cartoon character - and the most-hated cartoon character - of all is Scrappy-Doo.

I also heard Godzooky would've been the most-hated if Scrappy-Doo hadn't beaten him to it by one year.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzooky sucked that's for sure but Scrappy yeah he earned that shiit, also the cousin of the Brady Bunch, cousin Oliver.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:32 pm Godzooky sucked that's for sure but Scrappy yeah he earned that shiit, also the cousin of the Brady Bunch, cousin Oliver.
Uh, Cousin Oliver went on to be the voice of Mikey in all three classic TMNT movies, so... a little respect?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

There's one that kinda baffles me for the hatred.
I basically spent a lot of the earlier tvtropes days hearing how hated Weasley is from Star Trek The Next Generation. That was an author avatar of Gene Roddenberry, perfect at everything, if anyone disliked him then they were in the wrong and so on. So after twenty years of my best friend since elementary school trying to push me into TNG I started watching it about two years ago. And yeah Weasley was pretty bad in the first season but after that he got better such as having flaws and having character development. My best friend didn't mind him either.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:30 pm Weasley
He got waaaaay too much hate.

For me I gotta say Jared Leto in Blade Runner 2049. I can't stand his performance. He takes me completely out of the movie every time.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Outside of Fight Club and American Psycho, I can't say there's been a Jared Leto role I've enjoyed (ranging from tolerable to unbearable), albeit I haven't seen Req for a Dream.
He Jock it Made of Steel

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Moon Girl, never have I had the urge to strangle some with their own guts as much as this little shit. I've read the book at first, and quickly dropped it like an egg off a skyscraper. She started out as a rude, smug, ugly little brat that talk to EVERYONE like they're stupider than mudd. Every page, I read of this walking ad for condoms, I was hoping that Devil Dinosaur would turn around and bite her head off. She is the Cailou of marvel comics.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

eabaker wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:52 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:32 pm Godzooky sucked that's for sure but Scrappy yeah he earned that Pooop, also the cousin of the Brady Bunch, cousin Oliver.
Uh, Cousin Oliver went on to be the voice of Mikey in all three classic TMNT movies, so... a little respect?
Yes, I think we owe him at least that much.