Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by mikelcho »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Got the room all finished with a small seating area now. Some pics from different angles.

Man, that is one cool spread!

Love that you've got a Godzilla Aurora glow-in-the-dark model kit in the third photo. I've been wanting to get the instructions from that one for quite some time now just to have the story on the front page. That and the one from King Kong, too. Not the models, just the instructions. UPDATE: Did you see that the Aurora glow-in-the-dark Godzilla model kit has been re-released for Godzilla's 65th anniversary?

And the huge Godzilla figure in the fifth photo, second one from the right on top of the second table - is that the Godzilla from GMK? Because if it is, it is excellent!

Hey, remember what the Tyrannosaurus rex model in the fourth photo looked like when it was first made by Aurora for Prehistoric Scenes? It was red with orange underparts and the bumps on its body were yellow, according to the picture on the front of the box. Oh yes, and there were optional glow-in-the-dark teeth and foot claws included, too.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.

FunkyFreshYT
Young Farmer

Re: List your Collection!

Post by FunkyFreshYT »

This is my first post on TK.

Here's my collection!!

Bandai (MMS)

Godzilla (1954)
Gigan (1972)
Biollante (1989)
Mecha King Ghidorah (1991)
Mogera (1994)
Burning Godzilla (1995)
Destoroyah (1995)
Gamera (1995)
Godzilla (2000)
Mechagodzilla (2003) (Heavily Armed Type)
Gigan (2004)
Muto (2014)
Shin Godzilla (2016)
Godzilla Filius (2017)

Bandai Creations/Bandai America

King Cesar (1974)
Godzilla (2001)
Mechagodzilla (2002) 12 Inch (Currently Customizing)
Godzilla (2004) 12 Inch
Godzilla (2014) 12 Inch

Bandai (Sh Monsterarts)

Godzilla (2002) (Reissue)
Godzilla (2014)

Bandai (Other Series)

Super Deformed Chibis

Chibi Godzilla
Chibi Mechagodzilla
Chibi King Ghidorah
Chibi Mothra
Chibi Gigan
Chibi Destoroyah

Bandai 65th Anniversary 3.5 Inch

Hedorah (1971)
Godzilla (1989)
Godzilla (2016)
Godzilla (2016) (Stage 2)
Godzilla Filius (2017)
Mechagodzilla (2003)
Godzilla (2004)
Rodan (2004)

NECA

King Kong (1933)
Godzilla (1954)
Godzilla (1956 Poster Version)
Godzilla (1962)
Godzilla (1964)
Godzilla (1984/85)
Godzilla (1989)
Godzilla (1989 Biollante Bile)
Burning Godzilla (1995)
Godzilla (2001)
Godzilla (2003)
Godzilla (2003 Hyper Maser)
Godzilla (2016)
Godzilla (2016 Atomic Blast)
Godzilla 2019
Godzilla 2019 (Atomic Blast)
Godzilla 2019 (Burning)
Mothra 2019

Playmates

Spacegodzilla
Gigan (2004)
Godzilla 2004 (12 Inch)
Godzilla 2019 (12 Inch)
Godzilla 2021 (12 Inch)
King Kong 2021 (12 Inch)

Miscellaneous:

Trendmasters Godzilla (4 inch)

Imperial 6 Inch Godzilla (1985)

Solar Powered Godzilla 1954

Vintage 1980's 6 Inch Godzilla ( I don't know any info on this one.)

Custom 3D Printed Godzilla

Tokyo Clash Minifigures (Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Mothra, Megalon)

Bootlegs

High grade Bootlegs:

Godzilla (Various)
Gigan 1972
Anguirus 1972
Mechagodzilla 1974/75
Godzilla Junior 1995
Zilla 1998

Other Bootleg 3 Inch Figures:
Godzilla 2000
King Ghidorah
Mechagodzilla
Spacegodzilla
Rodan
Burning Godzilla
Shin Godzilla
Godzilla 2019
Mothra
Godzilla Filius

DVDs

King Kong - 1933
The Godzilla Collection Vol.1 & 2 (1954 - 1975)
King Kong vs Godzilla - 1962
Gamera Legacy Collection (1965 - 1999)
Yongary, Monster From The Deep - 1967
Godzilla vs Gigan - 1972
Godzilla 1984 (Kraken Releasing Ver.)
The Return Of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985 (Godzilla DVD Collection Japan Import Ver.)
Pulgasari - 1985
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah - 1991
Godzilla and Mothra - The Battle For Earth - 1992
Godzilla - 1998
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack - 2001
Godzilla - 2014
Godzilla King Of The Monsters - 2019
Double Feature: Godzilla 2014 / Godzilla KOTM - 2014/2019

Other Stuff:

Godzilla 1985 Poster

Godzilla Hanging LED Light

Godzilla 2014 Throw Fleece

And I think that's EVERYTHING I have as of 2-19-2021! What do you think?

Have a great day people!!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

^Welcome to TK Mr. Funky Fresh!

Good thing my shelf is next to me.

SH Monsterarts
Godzilla 1994 (first release)
King Ghidorah 1991
Destroyah evolution set
Godzilla 2000 Special Color Version
Kiryu Heavy Arms
Shin Godzilla (first release)
Godzilla Earth
TOHO Special Effects Set (the one with Super X3)
Soul of Chogokin
Ohrai Noriyoshi Mechagodzilla
Bandai Movie Monster Series
Godzilla 1968
Godzilla 1974
Burning Godzilla (2017 ver)
Shin Godzilla
Godzilla 2017
Servum
Anime Ghidorah
Biollante
Mechagodzilla 1975
Moguera (2005 ver)
Destroyah (2017 ver)
Godzilla 2014
MUTO
Shin Forms A and B
Gigan 2004 (2004 release)
Mothra 2003 (2018 ver)
Mothra Larva (2018 ver)
Mecha King Ghidorah (2018 ver)
Other Bandai 6/8 inch figures and mini figures(Toho Kaiju/DX etc)
Toho Kaiju G15 Godzilla 1954
Godzilla 2000 (Not sure if it's in the Toho Kaiju line but it's the larger version that came out with the movie)
DX Roaring Godzilla 2003
8 inch Godzilla 1991 (Japanese ver)
Sofvi Spirits Raijin
Sofvi Spirits Shrikethorn
Bandai Obsidian Fury Model Kit
Bandai Bracer Phoenix Model Kit
Mini Godzilla 2004
Gashapon
Meltdown Godzilla
Godzilla 2017
50th Anniversary Memorial Box
Godzilla 1955
Gigan
Rodan
Ultra Monster Series (6 inch line not the Ultra 500 line)
Antlar
Bemular
Dinozor
Natsunomeryu
Dino Tank
Pandon
Baltan
Gomess
DX Skull Gomora
Bandai America
Mechagodzilla 1974
Spacegodzilla
Chibi Gigan
Chibi Ghidorah
Chibi Destroyah
Destruction City set
NECA
Godzilla 1954
Godzilla 1962
Godzilla 1964
Godzilla 1984 (retool)
Godzilla 1989
Godzilla 2003
Godzilla 2014 (6 inch)
Godzilla 2014 (12 inch roaring)
Godzilla 2019 (Atomic Breath)
Godzilla 2019 (Burning)
Battle at the Docks Gypsy Danger
AVP Grid Xenomorph
Playmates
Kong with Axe
Jakk's Pacific
6 inch King Ghidorah 2019
Godzilla vs Rodan pack
Godzilla vs Mothra Pack
Funko Pop
Godzilla
Misc
Furyu Colossal Titan
That weird Lights and Sound mini Godzilla 2014
A bunch of Star Wars stuff
Some Gundam Kits
A Metric Fuckton of custom printed figures by your's truly

That should be everything. I'll update this list if I missed any.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I figured it might be fun to show off my Godzilla room. The people on instagram and the Godzilla reddit seem very impressed with it, but Im sure that on these forums its nothing special. I started collecting actively about a year and a half ago. In that time I got something like a hundred figures, roughly, and Im super proud of all of it, especially my rarer finds.

The main Godzilla shelf. Acknowledging that I share a room is probably important. I don't have a huge amount of space, so I gotta work with what I got more.
Compare it here to how it looked right when I started collecting a year and a half ago.

The NECA shelf, which is on my loft. I sleep up there, and my computer and desk are right below it.

The movies. Started collecting movies very recently. Not super impressive but its a start.

And for the fun of it, here is stuff from my office space.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^^the Big 1998 you have actually looks really cool, especially with all the memorial box vinyls. I like that dresser thing have it all on. While you don’t have a lot of monster variety, I’m impressed with the amounts of gojis you got. Really good collection! And yeah, I deal with space too.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:46 am ^^^the Big 1998 you have actually looks really cool, especially with all the memorial box vinyls. I like that dresser thing have it all on. While you don’t have a lot of monster variety, I’m impressed with the amounts of gojis you got. Really good collection! And yeah, I deal with space too.
I get a lot of comments about the G98, which I find very amusing. The main goal of my collection was to get every Goji version in vinyl form. The other monsters took a back seat, at least for now, but Im not opposed to picking up some now that I got every Godzilla suit.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's not surprising that you get comments on the Ultimate Godzilla '98. The thing is massive and eye-catching, and not very common; I remember my parents had trouble finding mine back in '98. I don't have it anymore, unfortunately; it fell off the shelf a few times and lost most of its limbs.

But yeah, that Godzilla shelf is really cool.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:29 am It's not surprising that you get comments on the Ultimate Godzilla '98. The thing is massive and eye-catching, and not very common; I remember my parents had trouble finding mine back in '98. I don't have it anymore, unfortunately; it fell off the shelf a few times and lost most of its limbs.

But yeah, that Godzilla shelf is really cool.
I guess thats true. I often forget how lucky I am with collecting, that I was able to get the Ultimate Godzilla and other figures fairly soon and for a good price. Heck, I've only been collecting just over a year and managed to get pretty much all of the figures I have wanted to get. So basically, not a good reference of how rare these figures usually are.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

So I figured, since the main photo I used is kinda blurry and cannot properly display all the detail, I would do a more in-depth look at my collection, for those interested.
Spoiler:
The top shelf.

One thing I didn't mention is that on the top shelf you can see a bootleg MMS GMK King Ghidorah, which was shrunk to 6 inch scale. I got it for free using eBucks, but I plan on replacing it with the authentic version in the future. Its actually not that bad.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That's a pretty fantastic collection. I'll always be eternally jealous of 50th Memorial Box owners. One day...

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:16 pm That's a pretty fantastic collection. I'll always be eternally jealous of 50th Memorial Box owners. One day...
Thanks. The Memorial Box was definitely the number one most wanted for me. For years I never thought Id get it. I was only able to afford it thanks to a college scholarship refund, which Im super lucky to have had. You could say that quite literally getting good grades in school paid for my memorial box. I hope you can get around to getting it one day, it truly is special.

DewanCollex
Young Farmer

Post by DewanCollex »

My YouTube channel features all of my collection via unboxing reviews including some 90's classics from Trendmasters.
Feel free to check them out and please subscribe! Search dewancollex and you'll find me posting daily. Thanks!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

You're new, so I'll give you a verbal warning but Dewancollex, please refrain from advertising other sites on the forums, especially toy reviews (namely just posting reviews in threads but still)

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gonna merge this with the pre-existing collection thread since I think a simple listing without personal pictures isn't enough to warrant a difference.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Just gonna say it now, I officially own all of the figures that are featured in my signature, with one that is yet to come being signed by Koichi Kawakita (Godzilla 1993)
In other news, here are all of the new figures I got in the week of Godzilla vs Kong.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Got to start making some room, so I'll be rearranging stuff here and there. Just put together a new Funko shelf dedicated to Godzilla and Kong.

I really got to condense the Bandai stuff to make room for G:SP though. -_-

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I didn't realize just how long it had been since I did my collection showcase. This has been an extremely productive year for me, with a lot of great new figures coming in, so Ill go ahead and show some updated pictures.
The main shelf now. Im pretty much done with it. If I remember correct, the only new figures I am putting on this shelf that I dont have yet are the Y-MSF minya, original Bandai Destoroyah (I ordered it, but its still shipping, got it for $30 :D) and the GMK Ghidorah to replace the bootleg I have on the bottom shelf.
The top shelf always looked empty to me, so adding Mothra and Battra absolutely helped bring it all together. My usual seller on eBay is holding the mini battle G Zilla set for me, and those figures will also go on the top shelf. I also plan on getting two Mothras, 2003 and GMK, and hanging them from the bottom of the shelf.
The newest part of my collection is the Gamera shelf, which has been a fun side project, and a very fast one. I bought my first Gamera figure for the shelf on May 20th, and now its June 20th. I still need to get Gamera 1999, Irys, the Yutaka Gamera 1996, and the HMV exclusive figures to finish off the shelf. In the spot next to where the Gamera figures are going, Im going to be displaying the Godzilla 40th memorial box figures once I get them later this year. The ride figures will also go on this shelf.
The only other shelves worth showcasing are the Showa and Heisei shelves, which have had the most new additions

I believe I got a comment earlier that said I didnt have a huge variety of non-Godzilla kaiju, and remedying that became my main priority for a lot of my purchases since.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:21 am I believe I got a comment earlier that said I didnt have a huge variety of non-Godzilla kaiju, and remedying that became my main priority for a lot of my purchases since.
I think your collection looks great. I love the display "style" you got going with that shelf. Where'd you get a shelf like that anyway?

Jealous of that Memorial Box for sure. :P

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:57 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:21 am I believe I got a comment earlier that said I didnt have a huge variety of non-Godzilla kaiju, and remedying that became my main priority for a lot of my purchases since.
I think your collection looks great. I love the display "style" you got going with that shelf. Where'd you get a shelf like that anyway?

Jealous of that Memorial Box for sure. :P
Thank you! The shelves were all bought on Amazon.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

My (Gamera+) shelf is nearly complete, with two more figures on the way. They MIGHT come tomorrow but they are supposedly scheduled for Monday. A bit weird, but I dont want to wait so here it is minus those two figures:

Honestly, my favorite shelf at this point. The two other figures are the 2021 Legion, which will go in the space next to Gamera 1999, and the 2021 Gyaos, which will go up next to the OG Legion on top the memorial box. Half the shelf is Gamera, the rest is special figures, either really cool (Ghidorah, Orochi) or have special value, like my custom Destoroyah, dancing Burning Godzilla (gift from my seller), and clip burning Godzilla (gift from GF).

Added in 33 seconds:
I do still need to add LEDs so my photos dont look like utter shit.