TREMORS Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

TREMORS Thread

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Haven't seen a thread for the series so I thought I'd make one :)

I absolutely love the films and the TV series. The second is my personal favorite.

The first one is an all around great Monster Movie. I just love the Graboids.

The second as I stated is my personal favorite. I love what they do with the story. Earl is just as awesome as he is in the first, Grady is great too. Burt is by far my favorite character. He has the best lines and is played beyond perfectly my Michael Gross.

Tremors 3 is a blast but my least favorite. The Assblasters are a cool idea but I wish the film would have relied on using animatronics instead of the meh looking CGI Graboids.

Tremors 4 is my second favorite. The introduction of "Dirt Dragons" or Graboid Larva is awesome. I loved the story and how they bring back the focus to the Graboids and not Shriekers or Ass Blasters.

Tremors The Series is such a blast, shame they didn't continue it. The characters are fun, El Blanco is pure awesomeness; I loved how they gave him more character throughout the series. I've heard rumors of a 5th set in Australia but I haven't heard anything lately. Hopefully they end up making it.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: TREMORS Thread

Post by Breakdown »

Tremors 1 and 2 where awesome, but everything after was pretty meh. Tremors the Series was indeed good, but shortlived. Theres rumor of a remake which I have mixed feelings about.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Love this franchise, though it unfortunately will always be blacklisted by the higher ups. One and two are solid films, three and four, while definitely not as good, don't deserve all the hate they get. I have mixed feelings about the TV series. I honestly didn't care that much about the new creatures, but it still was unfairly canceled, perhaps before it could fully mature into something great.

FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

I adore Tremors. Its a really good series mainly the 1st and 2nd movie. The 3rd and 4th movie were okay not horrible but not good.
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

i loved the first one, the second one was pretty good, but i never saw anything past that. i had no idea there was a tv show.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Tremors films were enjoyable. The first and second, especially the second, were the best. The third was good, but lacked a little something. Number four brought that something back.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Love these films. One and two are awesome, three is okay (Assblasters could have been handled a lot better), and four is cool. The series was fun as well.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

The first two are Awesome. The third it was ok. And i havent watched the 4th (The TV series aswell) its a good
Killer Animal/Comedy Franchise.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I love this series. I've yet to see the films, but I like the TV series. The Graboid species is cool.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

The series is available on HULU for anyone that hasen't seen it.

ADORE this franchise. One of my all time favorites.

The Graboid family is such an amazing idea. Shreikers have to be my favorite incarnate.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

After watching the second and third movies, ya' know what I realized?

One of this franchise's best features is how self-referential it is.

They also make sure to tell your where missing characters (Val, Earl, Heather, Grady) are, and deaths from previous installments are often acknowledged (the store being dedicated to Walter in Back to Perfection). And then, of course, there's the sequel. It's all very contained, if you know what I mean. It always feels familiar and connected. No loose ends. It's pretty awesome.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Make an aquatic Graboid already!!!!
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

TyrantGojira wrote:Make an aquatic Graboid already!!!!
An aquatic Graboid would make sense, since they could include species that live in the water and are excellent swimmers.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Tyler wrote:There should be a type that flies with their farts.
The Assblaster would like to have a word with you.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Kiryu2012 wrote:
Tyler wrote:There should be a type that flies with their farts.
The Assblaster would like to have a word with you.
"Are you kidding me?!"
"Sadly no, I am not kidding".

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

I still mourn that the Assblaster don't fly/sprint rocket-style instead of that wimpy 'fwoop' and glide.

Using the jet to burn down the cell door was a cool move though.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Now they just need a grabboid form that swims.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Beleive it or not, Graboids are closely related to cephlapods according to the wiki.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Which was in turn sourced from a Sci-Fi Channel page using outdated taxonomy.

Chompamunchasaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Chompamunchasaurus »

I love the movies, I've got the tv series stashed somewhere but never found the time to watch it. The self references and inside jokes are awesome. Remember the Dark Horse comic books "Graboids" "Shriekers" and "Graboids vs Shriekers" in the store?
The graboids' life cycle even makes some sense. Reproduce quickly if there's plenty of food, move quickly if there's not. The true Graboid is maybe the least useful form, its power and stealth are probably a way to claim new hunting grounds.
The fourth movie has good characters and humor. The gunman looks like "hey, I was supposed to be in a western movie, not fighting monsters", Old Fred using crazy descriptions such as "one who can shoot off the nuts from a squirrel from 100 paces" or "more holes than a cabbage leaf in a hailstorm". The funeral speech is crazy.