Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point - Netflix Anime Series

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:41 pm Has it been confirmed yet if the series will be released as an entire season from day one or will we have to wait a week for each episode?
If it's airing on TV in Japan I have a large feeling that it will be weekly. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to do so otherwise. But I don't know for sure.

For once, I think a weekly TV show, not something I'll watch in an afternoon would be nice. It'll be fun having weekly reactions and discussions to things good or bad.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:01 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:41 pm Has it been confirmed yet if the series will be released as an entire season from day one or will we have to wait a week for each episode?
If it's airing on TV in Japan I have a large feeling that it will be weekly. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to do so otherwise. But I don't know for sure.

For once, I think a weekly TV show, not something I'll watch in an afternoon would be nice. It'll be fun having weekly reactions and discussions to things good or bad.
That's how ive always preferred to watch my shows. I like waiting a week for new episodes, especially since I don't have any streaming services besides Disney+ (even then I loved being excited for a new Mandalorian episode every week).
LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Jet Jaguar looks like a 60's Super Robot like Tetsujin 28, or Giant Robo.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:01 pm

Yeah that was a lot of fun with Ultraman Z.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 pm Jet Jaguar looks like a 60's Super Robot like Tetsujin 28, or Giant Robo.
My current theory is that they will have a more Giant Gobo Jet Jaguar at first, maybe the first design the boss made in the past, and sometime during the series it'll get an upgrade and look more like the classic Jet Jaguar we know.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:02 pm
My current theory is that they will have a more Giant Robo Jet Jaguar at first, maybe the first design the boss made in the past, and sometime during the series it'll get an upgrade and look more like the classic Jet Jaguar we know.
Now that you mention it, I am hoping that too. I am not really liking some of the design choices for the kaiju.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 pm Shin Arima 2.0?
https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_SP/status/ ... 1455109121
Wow a collaboration with a boat race? That's...unexpected!
Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

What's this? More Godzilla???? Excellent I am definitely going to see this after GvK. Godzilla looks very different and unique from what I see.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hope we get a full trailer soon so we can learn more about the actual plot.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Jet Jaguar and Rodan look amazing in the new trailer.
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

So Jet Jaguar vs Anguirus??
Formerly known as kurtzilla
Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Not too big on the rest of Jet Jaguar’s body...
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Seems to focus mostly on giving us glimpses of the main cast. I'm hyped.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

The animation quality looks great too!
Formerly known as kurtzilla
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Animation looks fantastic, Jet Jaguar looks like if you sneezed on his waist he'd implode.

Where's Godzilla? Not even a roar?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira
Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 pm Jet Jaguar and Rodan look amazing in the new trailer.
... he’s literally just a pteranodon though.

Not gonna lie... I’m really glad we have Godzilla vs Kong this year. I can already tell that I’m not going to like this much.

Can you stop doing cocaine at least once this decade, Toho?
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Me saying I'm extremely glad Jet Jaguar can still size-shift is an understatement.
OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

"Set in 2030 in Goji City, Chiba Prefecture, this work is an original story in which two young geniuses struggle to overturn the irresistible future "Godzilla" that will come to humankind. Yun Arikawa, an engineer working at the Otaki Factory in the town factory, and Mei Kamino, a graduate student studying fantasy creatures, hear the same song in a completely different place, leading to a battle involving the world.

Yume Miyamoto is in charge of the  inscription, and Shoya Ishige is in charge of the role of Yun . In addition, Misaki Kuno plays the role of dog-shaped artificial intelligence Pero 2 , Rie Nagimiya plays the role of artificial intelligence Jung, Taro Kiuchi plays the role of Yun's partner Samurai Kato , Wataru Takagi plays the role of Otaki Factory Director Goro Otaki , and manages the former Tsuno district. the chief staff Sato Hayabusa也役of the station "Misakioku" Yohei Azagami , self-proclaimed journalist Umiken Hiroshi auditors Kenichi Suzumura , a research director Beira-burn "BB" role of Upara Institute of India Ryotaro Ryotaro responsible for."

Code: Select all

https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0121437.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.