Pipe-Works Godzilla Trilogy Appreciation

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Pipe-Works Godzilla Trilogy Appreciation

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:My suspicion is either an alien mothership or Megaguirus. Possibly both.
Seems about right, Meganulons were introduced in Rodan's film first.
Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Would be nice if the trilogy would get an HD Remaster
Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Extreme Warhawk wrote:Would be nice if the trilogy would get an HD Remaster
Absolutely. Maybe with the PS5 or Next Xbox system, we could get an remastered Godzilla Unleashed updated with the Wii roster? That could be perfect.
Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

While things can change didn't the Development team say they were exited to hear people where interested but latter reported that this wouldn't be a possibility? But even if thats the case, there seems to be more godzilla merchandising in the past few weeks than a long time (and not GvK related), so who knows?
He Jock it Made of Steel
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu
LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yo remember when Pipeworks and Simon said Hedorah would be too hard to animate for the Wii? And then remember when Muk, Grimer and Ditto were in games since the n64 and looked properly sludge like? And how they used those models all the way up to the 3DS?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Godzilla: Save the Earth is my favorite of the trilogy. It was the first Godzilla video game I ever played.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Unleashed is admittedly my favorite, but i will say that DAMM and STE do play better when it comes to controls.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

There is one thing we can all agree on

All three games had great soundtracks! Except for Double Smash

Which has THE best Godzilla game soundtrack

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Rage moves were a blast!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'll say this much: i'll never not chuckle at how Moguera says his own name like a robot Pokemon. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:22 amMoguera says his own name like a robot Pokemon.
I always found that odd. Moguera never really made much noise in the movie, aside from the mechanical whirring from its weaponry, but I guess they gotta have something for the intro animation.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I actually picked up a copy of STE several week ago, and sufficed to say I've put quite a bit of my free time towards it. There's just something that does not get old about button mashing with giant monsters in addition to gimmicks such as throwing entire buildings, rage moves, and the side challenges; all bundled up with childhood nostalgia. Definitely my favorite of the trilogy, but Unleased on the Wii comes very close to that title. I absolutely love the roster on the Wii, but the controls.. That's what killed it for me, as I'm sure was the case for many others. Another small nitpick I have with Unleashed in general was the stages. I get the context of the Vortaak dialing up their Earth invasion strategy, but the stages just don't have the appeal of the earlier games because they're all inundated with some sort of apocalyptic feature. The standard city environments of DAAM and STE were simply more fun to fight in, and at the very least I would have liked to see a option to revert cities to their normal state. Having said stage option and a better control scheme would have made Unleashed my favorite of these games by a long shot.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'll say this much for Unleashed: between Obsidius and Krystalak, plus the really unique stages, Atari did a pretty neat job of trying to spice up the story. Just that, it could've been done better.

Mixtape Nostalgia
Yojimbo

Post by Mixtape Nostalgia »

I only played these games a handful of times at a friend's house who has a lot of retro games. They aren't masterpieces but I thought they were pretty fun and good for any kaiju fan.
Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

The next Godzilla related video game needs the roster size of Unleashed. I was surprised to see just how big of a selection there was.