What destroyed the USS Lawton?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What destroyed the USS Lawton?

Godzilla
73%
Something Else
27%

Total votes: 70
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: What destroyed the USS Lawton?

Post by Showa Gyaos »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Right now going with the director on Godzilla.
However since it isn't confirmed in the final product it could be retconned into another creature.
Yes, this is always a possibility.

For now, I say that it was Godzilla. However, they can always say it was something else, simply because Randa never explained in the film what exactly it was that destroyed the USS Lawton.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.
SickleFeather
Samurai

Post by SickleFeather »

You fools, it was obviously Manda.
"So ends the human race! The future is built upon the past, but your kind shall never see it! Your mother and father are dead, tiny one. And now, it is your turn...TO DIE!" - Grima, Fire Emblem Awakening
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Sure, they can ret-con it later into something else if they want to; but that will only affect those later works, won't alter what I see as the pretty clear implication in the context of this movie that it was Godzilla.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Plot
Plot destroyed that ship
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:
BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SickleFeather wrote:You fools, it was obviously Manda.
You fool it was Ebriah!
eabaker wrote:Sure, they can ret-con it later into something else if they want to; but that will only affect those later works, won't alter what I see as the pretty clear implication in the context of this movie that it was Godzilla.
Wouldn't it be a neat twist if it was one of the up there big bads who did it, an original monster that they leave hints at through several films before we actually see it 7 or 10 years down the line? Like Thanos in MCU? Ret-con or planed from the start, I'd be cool with that.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

No, no. You both are the fools.

It was Titanosaurus.
Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

It was Gabara, dummies.
Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

It was mostly likely the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I hope they pust shinimura in a film.
GO GO GOJI KUN
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GoWhaleTours wrote:I hope they pust shinimura in a film.
Yeah even though its obviously Godzilla since its basically confirmed, speculation wise Shinomura is my favorite theory of what Randa saw.
The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The Rhedosaurus, the dinosaur that caused trouble for people in THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FANTOMS . Although in the Legendary Monsterverse it was stopped before he hit New York. Be a fun way to tie the flick that was one of the main inspirations for GOJIRA along with the original KING KONG.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The One and Only wrote:The Rhedosaurus, the dinosaur that caused trouble for people in THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FANTOMS . Although in the Legendary Monsterverse it was stopped before he hit New York. Be a fun way to tie the flick that was one of the main inspirations for GOJIRA along with the original KING KONG.
Ohhhh I love that idea. Rhedosaurus is tied with The Giant Behemoth as one of my wishlist monsters to join the MonsterVerse. I'd definitely approve of this idea.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GoWhaleTours wrote:I hope they pust shinimura in a film.
Now wouldn't that be a twist? A monster we thought was just a one off canon folder in a comic ends up being one of the big bads in the series.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'd be upset, why have Hedorah 3.0 when we could have the real deal
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'd be upset, why have Hedorah 3.0 when we could have the real deal
Reserving funds and linking the comic to the movies, mostly. To me, both are a no-go, but i can see why people want shinomura.
Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
The One and Only wrote:The Rhedosaurus, the dinosaur that caused trouble for people in THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FANTOMS . Although in the Legendary Monsterverse it was stopped before he hit New York. Be a fun way to tie the flick that was one of the main inspirations for GOJIRA along with the original KING KONG.
Ohhhh I love that idea. Rhedosaurus is tied with The Giant Behemoth as one of my wishlist monsters to join the MonsterVerse. I'd definitely approve of this idea.
Ironically it actually be extremely easy for Rhedo to show up, likely or unlikely as it is. Last I checked WB has the rights to it.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Desghidorah wrote:Ironically it actually be extremely easy for Rhedo to show up, likely or unlikely as it is. Last I checked WB has the rights to it.
I know that, that's why I said wishlist. I honestly think Rhedosaurus being in the MonsterVerse would be a splendid idea, what better way then featuring one of the two inspirations of Godzilla (The other being King Kong) being in the same universe. ;)
Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Wouldn't Legendary need the rights to Rhedosaurus too, though? How does that even work anyway if Warners is a distributor?
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ryguy wrote:Wouldn't Legendary need the rights to Rhedosaurus too, though? How does that even work anyway if Warners is a distributor?
Considering they're working alongside each other, I'd imagine it not being too hard, far easier and more likely then other Toho properties even though I think Legendary has enough money (Having made well over 1 billion dollars so far unless Toho makes the cost around that range) to buy more rights to them.
marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

It does not seem to me very logical that Godzilla is the cause of the taqué to the USS Lawton, since its conduct in its film, nuca returns the attacks of the warships.