ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Millenial88 »

o.supreme wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:24 pm Greetings All,

I was wondering if there was a place to watch all of Taiga with Eng subs? Its the only new gen show I've not seen, and I can only find random episodes on YouTube
Genm Corp fansubbed the whole show.

Added in 7 minutes 51 seconds:
Angilasman wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:25 pm
Saturndusk wrote:So how about the MEGO Ultraman coming out?
Hmmm... I kinda dig it. My stylized vinyls of Toho kaiju also have a retro aesthetic, so it may look good next to, say, a Marmit Godzilla.
I’m honestly just holding out for Mezco to create a One:12 figure and hoping that they don’t waste their license on just 5 Points dolls.
o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Millenial88 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:48 pm
o.supreme wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:24 pm Greetings All,

I was wondering if there was a place to watch all of Taiga with Eng subs? Its the only new gen show I've not seen, and I can only find random episodes on YouTube
Genm Corp fansubbed the whole show.
Unfortunately that didn't work, every streaming link (no matter what series you click on) takes you to some Kamen rider series... Anyone else have any suggestions?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

o.supreme wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:52 pm Unfortunately that didn't work, every streaming link (no matter what series you click on) takes you to some Kamen rider series... Anyone else have any suggestions?
You've just gotta dig a bit.
https://genmcorp.cc/ultraman-taiga-batch-1/
https://genmcorp.cc/category/ultraman-taiga/page/2/
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....
o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Thanks again, but no dice, it just takes me to some suspicious site that says "Channel Blocked or Unavailable". .. If someone doesn't eventually put them all on Youtube, I'll just wait for the MC BRD. I know its not part of the current deal, but hopefully when they negotiate with Tsuburaya to add newer series, and maybe some others that had issues getting before because they were co-productions.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What is your favorite and least favorite Ultras based on design alone? Mine are Z Gamma Future and Saga, respectively. If fusions weren't to be counted, they'd be Geed and X.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

o.supreme wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:31 pm Thanks again, but no dice, it just takes me to some suspicious site that says "Channel Blocked or Unavailable". .. If someone doesn't eventually put them all on Youtube, I'll just wait for the MC BRD. I know its not part of the current deal, but hopefully when they negotiate with Tsuburaya to add newer series, and maybe some others that had issues getting before because they were co-productions.
Do you not know how to Torrent? There are probably some DDL links out there too, though I guess this sort of discussion would be better left via private messages.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....
ray243
Monarch Researcher

Post by ray243 »

Does anyone know where are all the rumours about the next Ultra-series returning to the neo-frontier universe is coming from?
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

ray243 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:10 am Does anyone know where are all the rumours about the next Ultra-series returning to the neo-frontier universe is coming from?
Nope.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Recent toy listings show we'll be getting some monsters from Tiga, Dyna and Gaia, which would seem to imply the next clipshow will be centered on those. My guess is that's where the rumors stems from. If true...I could dig it.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:12 pm What is your favorite and least favorite Ultras based on design alone? Mine are Z Gamma Future and Saga, respectively. If fusions weren't to be counted, they'd be Geed and X.
Apparently, Geed doesn't have a base form. If that's right, my favorite non-form Ultraman design would be Ace.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Geed does have a base form. It's literally Early Style Belial with his capsule-shaped Colour Timer.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I thought Geed's base form was Primitive?
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:38 pm I thought Geed's base form was Primitive?
It is in the sense that it's the form he can access in combat, while his original form isn't.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

It's a little confusing sometimes as to what is the real personality.
We have Hayata with his own personality, well what little he has, then we have Ultraman and I'd say Ultraman is in charge when that form comes out.
Then we got Dan who is Ultraseven's alter ego. Gai is...well when Orb starts Gai is indeed Orb and Orb Origin has him a humanoid that became an Ultra.
Then we got Daigo who is very much the personality of Tiga.
And Riku is...well Riku but apparently Primitive is more his true form so he's closer to Dan/Ultraseven in reality I guess.

But current Haruki and Z are much like the original duo and both have personalities. Hm but how much is Haruki in charge when Z is fighting? I think Haruki is pretty in charge but Z can certainly step in when Haruki is human and force his arm to do stuff.

Anyway gonna wait for Taiga to be released here.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

How do you spell the name of this guy? I've always known him as Kelbeam but the wiki calls him Cherubim and the subtitles on Z call him Kelbim.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:51 pm How do you spell the name of this guy? I've always known him as Kelbeam but the wiki calls him Cherubim and the subtitles on Z call him Kelbim.
Well if the subs say Kelbim, then it's Kelbim.

At least until they change their minds again.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

broken img
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Anyone else seen this from the Ultraman Galaxy page
2021 will mark the 55th anniversary of Ultraman. To celebrate, Tsuburaya Productions is planning a whole host of new films, series, events, and merchandise for fans to enjoy.
The multiple films and series obviously the most intriguing.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 pmWe have Hayata with his own personality, well what little he has, then we have Ultraman and I'd say Ultraman is in charge when that form comes out.
Actually, the finale seems to imply
Spoiler:
that it has in fact been Ultraman this whole time simply wearing Hayata's body. Remember how Hayata's memories are reverted back to when his aircraft collided with the ball of light during the very first episode.
The first host where it seems the Ultra is living within them in Goh, followed by Hokuto, Minami and Kotaro. I guess in-universe, Ultras learned how to merge smoother in-between shows.

And it's a shame people are just waiting in vain for Taiga to see an official release, since its easily my favorite New Gen. show. I'm not saying an official release is out of the question (There's a good chance Mill Creek will work something out for it), but why wait?
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Hideki Go is really intetesting: at the beginning it feels like they haven't really mixed. Go seems like a normal human, but occasionally calls upon the power or the abilities of Ultraman. But by the end, the personalities seem to us completely merged with Hideki calling on both sets of memories by the last episode.