Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point - Netflix Anime Series

Post by _JNavs_ »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:26 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:02 am Jet Jaguar looks like Spongebob.
HaHa
Its shape looks more like a hybrid of Spongebob and Patrick. :lol:
:lol: :lol: "Who you calling pinhead" comes to mind
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Gotschiller wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 am Godzilla seems to be referred as "Godzilla Ultima".
Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:00 am Still, Godzilla Ultima. Odd name they gave him.
Would love a source for this. Not that I'm doubting anybody, it's just you can't drop something like that and not give a source corroborating it. A tweet, a webpage, anything will do!
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

NSZ wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:31 am

Would love a source for this. Not that I'm doubting anybody, it's just you can't drop something like that and not give a source corroborating it. A tweet, a webpage, anything will do!
Oh, i only heard about it because of what Goschiller said lol. I'm not sure if it's true, but if it is, it came out the same time the figures were revealed.. maybe it's on Bandai's Twitter? I'll check!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Gotschiller wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:17 am Image
C A U T I O N : W I D E L O A D
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I hate to judge the thing on a Bandai figure but it's looking like it will be the worst Godzilla design since 1998. How disappointing.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The Amazon listing calls him "ゴジラウルティマ", which Google says is "Godzilla Ultima".
tbeasley wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:20 am Part of me wants to rationalize JJ's new look by saying 1) It's JJ and he should look goofy and 2) When it comes down to it, Showa JJ was essentially a homemade super mech and SP seems to be playing into that with the clunkier contemporary robot look. That other part of me is REALLY hoping he does get upgraded to look more like the real deal over the series.
I'm in the same boat. I mean, we all knew he was going to look weird with those little legs, and yet I'm still surprised. Even with the Power Loader comparisons, part of me still wants to see something a bit more... "normal".

I kinda like it though. It's different. I'm still just glad they didn't mess with that face too much. :)

Godzilla, meanwhile... Talk about thunder thighs. Good lord.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:16 pm The Amazon listing calls him "ゴジラウルティマ", which Google says is "Godzilla Ultima".
Thank you!

Yeah, odd name.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:09 pm I hate to judge the thing on a Bandai figure but it's looking like it will be the worst Godzilla design since 1998. How disappointing.
I think it's bad but G2017 is worse, or at least equal in poorness. Both sides of the spectrum, 2017 was too plain, this is too extreme.

If the writing and characters are good, I'll be happy but the main kaiju are looking pretty awful.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 pm
Terasawa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:09 pm I hate to judge the thing on a Bandai figure but it's looking like it will be the worst Godzilla design since 1998. How disappointing.
I think it's bad but G2017 is worse, or at least equal in poorness. Both sides of the spectrum, 2017 was too plain, this is too extreme.
The 2017 design isn't a favorite but I don't mind it. It might have been too plain like you said, but at least its design was somewhat appealing in the way most Godzillas are. OTOH, I can't name a single thing I like about this newest incarnation.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Godzilla Ultima......After doing some research,I found out that Ultima means “the last” in Latin. If they go with that meaning, maybe this Godzilla fits some fan speculations of “Being the ultimate threat” or “Last Boss” of this series.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I can't wait to see the inevitable square-off between Jet and Godzilla

Added in 27 minutes 38 seconds:
Wait, I just noticed something. The Jet Jaguar vinyl doesn't have the yellow waist or tesla coils, meaning it's the smaller version. So, JJ getting longer legs when kaiju-sized (although unlikely) isn't entirely impossible!
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:14 pm I can't wait to see the inevitable square-off between Jet and Godzilla

Added in 27 minutes 38 seconds:
Wait, I just noticed something. The Jet Jaguar vinyl doesn't have the yellow waist or tesla coils, meaning it's the smaller version. So, JJ getting longer legs when kaiju-sized (although unlikely) isn't entirely impossible!
I'm assuming that the design used for the figure, will be it's "standard form". Like it'll be hanging around in the garage and up to hijinks. It's also possible that to avoid spoilers they won't show us the final design. I have an indication that Godzilla is the same. I sort of expect a second wave of figures at some point.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Quite honestly i think JJ's constant upgrade's are looking more and more likely. If he's not.. i have a hard time imagining the final battle between Jet Jaguar and Godzilla not looking a bit silly lol.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:31 pm Quite honestly i think JJ's constant upgrade's are looking more and more likely. If he's not.. i have a hard time imagining the final battle between Jet Jaguar and Godzilla not looking a bit silly lol.
Godzilla got big legs, Jet Jaguar got big arms. I imagine a really dramatic scene where Jet Jaguar is pushing Godzilla back and preventing him from destroying something while Godzilla pushes on.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It's probably already been mentioned, but Jet Jaguar getting extendable legs would be a neat reference to his original size-changing ability.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:31 pm Quite honestly i think JJ's constant upgrade's are looking more and more likely. If he's not.. i have a hard time imagining the final battle between Jet Jaguar and Godzilla not looking a bit silly lol.
Godzilla got big legs, Jet Jaguar got big arms. I imagine a really dramatic scene where Jet Jaguar is pushing Godzilla back and preventing him from destroying something while Godzilla pushes on.
But, wasn't JJ quite small in the PV? I wonder is he gonna be upgraded to fight with Godzilla.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:51 pm But, wasn't JJ quite small in the PV? I wonder is he gonna be upgraded to fight with Godzilla.
...have you seen Godzilla vs. Megalon? Jet Jaguar being able to change size is literally one of his signature abilities. :lol:
If you mean the "unupgraded" form than yeah. Popping legs on him wouldn't make him THAT much bigger.

Based on the trailer, we know that Angurius is big, or at least a normal sized, bonfide Kaiju. At that point, he has a different waist, but we don't see it's legs, and there's the addition of the "Tesla coils". We can therefore assume that yeah there's at least an early form and then a big form.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:51 pm But, wasn't JJ quite small in the PV? I wonder is he gonna be upgraded to fight with Godzilla.
...have you seen Godzilla vs. Megalon? Jet Jaguar being able to change size is literally one of his signature abilities. :lol:
If you mean the "unupgraded" form than yeah. Popping legs on him wouldn't make him THAT much bigger.

Based on the trailer, we know that Angurius is big, or at least a normal sized, bonfide Kaiju. At that point, he has a different waist, but we don't see it's legs, and there's the addition of the "Tesla coils". We can therefore assume that yeah there's at least an early form and then a big form.
Angurius looks like the size of an Elephant in the trailer. Jet Jaguar is bigger in the first trailer than the second however. First trailer he looks normal size, second trailer looks human size.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:29 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 pm

Angurius looks like the size of an Elephant in the trailer. Jet Jaguar is bigger in the first trailer than the second however. First trailer he looks normal size, second trailer looks human size.
Huh?

Perspective is fucky, but I thought it was much bigger. I guess it could be the size of an elephant, but based on it's movement I assumed it was considerably larger. Might be wrong.

One thing I wanted to comment on, is I think JJ and Godzilla's bodies are both designed around relative freedom from being costumes. Not that it couldn't be done with suits, but it's clear they've made designs that might be harder to make traditionally. I think it's cool and great if they take advantage of the medium.
Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

potential spoiler ahead

In december a user on a japanese imageboard posted a supposed list of some upcoming MMS figures. He got "Godzilla Ultima" right. So it could be legit.

Here's the list:
Spoiler:
ムービーモンスターシリーズ - Movie Monster Series
・ジェットジャガー - Jet Jaguar
・ゴジラウルティマ - Godzilla Ultima
・ジェットジャガー(ゴジラsp) - Jet Jaguar (Godzilla sp)
・ゴジラA - Godzilla A
・マンダ(ゴジラsp) - Manda (Godzilla sp)
・アンギラス(ゴジラsp) - Anguirus (Godzilla sp)
・ゴジラB - Godzilla B
・ゴジラC - Godzilla C

SOURCE
Post #262

So, if that list is accurate, Manda is going to appear in Singular Point.

NSZ wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:31 am Would love a source for this. Not that I'm doubting anybody, it's just you can't drop something like that and not give a source corroborating it. A tweet, a webpage, anything will do!
Sorry! I normally would have done that, but i was kinda distracted earlier and forgot. :oops:
Hi!