Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

*Discuss your head canons & fan theories here*
Some head canon and theories of mine.

-Showa Godzilla was another survivor from the same colony as G54, I base this on that origin book of G54 where before the nuke incident that killed off the colony except for him, they all had smooth skin (Even Minilla has smooth skin compared to G54 and Showa Godzilla) before getting his skin scarred, Showa Godzilla has that exactly same scarred skin as G54 hence making this head canon of mine more likely the case that this is true.

-Hedorah was responsible for the destruction of the Space Hunter Nebula M's homeworld especially considering they stated pollution destroyed it.

-Similar to the head canon of mine from the Millennium thread. The Mothra of 1961 is the mother of the 2003 Mothra and thus grandmother of the two Mothra larvae that appears in Tokyo S.O.S., strong evidence to prove this more is the fact other Showa movies like War of the Gargantuas and Yog Monster takes place in this continuity.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

-Mogranda from Zone Fighter may be the same species as Gigan.

- The Showa Godzilla series does have pretty good continuity, in the form of where Godzilla is when a film ends and begins. Examples:*
* At the end of GTTHM, Godzilla and Rodan are left in the countryside- and in the beginning of IoAM, they are still in the countryside.
* At the end of Sea Monster, Godzilla is swimming in the ocean, and in the beginning of SoG, Godzilla is still seen swimming.
I know of course continuity is there, but I wanted to show some examples.

^Godzillafan1990s, that Hedorah theory is excellent!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:^Godzillafan1990s, that Hedorah theory is excellent!
Thanks, of course though I'm probably not the only one who thinks that theory could be true.
Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Showa King Ghidorah is a formally divine being who was cursed by the "Deity/God", Princess Salno briefly refers to during GTTHM, to be stuck in the form of a (relatively) powerless asteroid.
However Ghidorah's spirit was strong enough to defy this curse and become a form of his own, but doing so shattered his mind into three pieces, the pain and rage he felt towards the deity drove him to destroy everything he saw, summon the universal force of gravity to his will, and take on the three headed form we know today.

Borrowing from your theory Godzillafan1990s, Gigan was created by the Space hunter aliens to fend off Hedorah's species, and due to his "Cosmo Steel" blades, he was mostly successful.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Billzilla1974 wrote:Borrowing from your theory Godzillafan1990s, Gigan was created by the Space hunter aliens to fend off Hedorah's species, and due to his "Cosmo Steel" blades, he was mostly successful.
Pretty brilliant theory there I must say. ;)

I know this ain't he place but someone definitely needs to write an K.W.C. match on that being the premise for Gigan vs. Hedorah. :D
Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:Borrowing from your theory Godzillafan1990s, Gigan was created by the Space hunter aliens to fend off Hedorah's species, and due to his "Cosmo Steel" blades, he was mostly successful.
Pretty brilliant theory there I must say. ;)

I know this ain't he place but someone definitely needs to write an K.W.C. match on that being the premise for Gigan vs. Hedorah. :D
Thanks! :)
True! I wonder how that would play out, Gigan's durable blades vs Hedorah's Godzilla-melting acids.
Depending on which Anatomy pic of Gigan in the character anylysis page is correct, Gigan might have an electric current in his claws which could give him the win if it's a high enough voltage.
Extra THICC!
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Billzilla1974 wrote:Thanks! :)
True! I wonder how that would play out, Gigan's durable blades vs Hedorah's Godzilla-melting acids.
Depending on which Anatomy pic of Gigan in the character anylysis page is correct, Gigan might have an electric current in his claws which could give him the win if it's a high enough voltage.
You're welcome.

Who knows assuming no one eventually claims it. I might have a go at it. ;) It's just one of those matches that needs to be done. So much potential behind it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: You're welcome.

Who knows assuming no one eventually claims it. I might have a go at it. ;) It's just one of those matches that needs to be done. So much potential behind it.
Go for it man! I await the day that match arrives!(given what I've heard about KWC though, it might be a while...)
Extra THICC!
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Damn, you sure can smell the knock-off in this thread :lol:

The people of Planet X succeed in escaping into the future, and end up in the year 20XX where they invade by abducting all the earth monsters and send them out to destroy the world, aka Godzilla: Final Wars
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking
Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

* Godzilla, Anguirus, Baragon, and Gorosaurus are all (fairly) closely related and share a (fairly) recent common ancestor.
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:The people of Planet X succeed in escaping into the future, and end up in the year 20XX where they invade by abducting all the earth monsters and send them out to destroy the world, aka Godzilla: Final Wars
Damn, I was actually gonna say that. :lol:

Godzilla died sometime between the events Terror of MechaGodzilla and Destroy All Monsters and Minya grew up to become the Godzilla in DAM, with the Minya in that film being his son.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

The surviving Hedorah at the end of Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster went on to become the Hedorah in Godzilla: Final Wars
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

-Godzilla 54 and Showa Godzilla are brothers. Minya is 54's son.

-Mothra that we see in 64 is the same one from 61. The Larva that survived Mothra vs Godzilla then layed an egg on monster island which is the larva we see in DAM.

-Rodan in GTTHM is the one that dove into the volcano after it's mate and it survived because it was more adapted to lava.
-All the showa films take place in the same timeline.

-In the 1980's Godzilla had more adventures such as killing a returning Megalon, working with Kong to defeat the second Hedeorah and battling an army of Gargantuas.

-By 1999 all the monsters we see in DAM are all the ones left alive.

-Sometime after DAM just like the Heisei timeline a Space Godzilla appeared.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

The two Mothra larvae from Godzilla vs. The Thing split up after their battle with Godzilla, with one returning to Infant Island, later becoming the adult we see in Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster, and the other remaining in its larva stage and living out its life on Monster Island/Land
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking
Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

We already had one of these.

Oh well, I like to repost things:
Ivo-goji wrote:
Showa verse headcanons:
- Madame Piranha was working for the Red Bamboo all along. She was to secure the Element X from Dr. Hu so her organization could build a new arsenal of nuclear weapons to replace those lost in Godzilla vs the Sea Monster.
- The aliens seen throughout the series are not true extraterrestrials but long displaced colonies of Seatopia, who in the ancient past developped technology to explore the stars and seed the galaxy with their people. The only exceptions are the Kilaaks and the Garoga (who I think might actually be Kilaaks wearing a different "suit")
-Similarly Mu and the Infant Island civilization are also descended from Seatopia, having broken away from the Megalon religion to worship Manda and Mothra respectively.
- In line with the above, Princess Salno's ancestors were not true aliens, but humans from Seatopia who left Earth in the ancient past to colonize Venus, only to return to Earth to escape King Ghidorah.
- The Mysteroid was another colony of Seatopia; when it was destroyed by the Mysterians' nuclear war and formed the asteroid belt, the Mysterian survivors fled to Mars while the enemy they were fighting took shelter on Ceres. Those on Ceres became the Natarl, the effects of the nuclear holocaust leaving their bodies ravaged and no longer recognizably human.
- The Simeons were the slaves of a Seatopia colony beyond our solar system. The apes rose up and overthrew their human masters.
- Megalon is Mothra's counterpart in a similar vein to how Battra is Mothra's counterpart in the Heisei series.
- Jet Jaguar was created using the same technology used by Zone Fighter. Hence size altering abilities.
- Speaking of size altering abilities, Minilla's ability to shift from human to kaiju size in Ichiro's dream is something he can do in the real world. Godzilla can do it too, but he's too proud generally to make himself smaller.
- Kong can also size shift, hence being so much smaller in King Kong escapes.
- The Anguirus in the later half of the Showa series is the same one from Raids Again. Regen like a boss.
- The moon was destroyed by Gorath in the late twentieth century. To remedy this situation another satellite that had been caught in Gorath's gravity pull very similar to own moon trailing some distance behind it was moved into orbit around Earth. A moon base was established shortly thereafter.
- Godzilla's sensitivity to Minilla's telepathic distress calls is directly responsible for his heroic behavior in later Showa films; Godzilla can defect the psychic vibrations of fear and alarm given off by human populations when daikaiju attack, which cause him to instinctively leap into Protective Dad mode no matter who is actually threatened (Godzilla vs Hedorah, Terror of Mechagodzilla).
- King Seazer is an ancient golem like entity composed of stone and gems similar to Daimajin. He was animated by the ancient sages of Okinawa to protect them from the ever looming threat of King Ghidorah.
- Clark Nelson and Carl Nelson are brothers. They wanted to study Kong together, one for greed and the other for science. Clark abandoned his brother when he got a lead on a giant monster worshipped by beautiful maidens on a place called Infant Island; Carl quietly continued his research while working for the UN when a submarine expedition proved very fortunate to his interests.
- Whole family of scientists named Sakurai.
- All of the Oodako are the same Oodako, possessed by a burning hatred of all hairy humanoid giant monsters.
Ivo-goji wrote: The Kilaaks would be considered an artificial life form the Muans engineered to act as proxies for their creators on planets that were hostile to human life (which is the only explanation I can accept for how a race of slugs can construct sophisticated humanoid exosuits- the suits have to have always been there, and were created by human masters).

The Xiliens would be a faction of Mu/Seatopia that split off after their colony was founded; this also explains why they look like humans. Mu and Seatopia worshipped kaiju, while the Xiliens treat everything as numbers; the division could have been religiously motivated.

The other aliens fit into this model too. The Mysterians, an asteroid belt colony that was devastated by nuclear war, disfiguring their otherwise human bodies. The Natarl, another belt colony, possibly the Mysterians' attackers, possibly also malformed from the effects of nuclear weapons. The Nebulans and Simeons, extra solar servant races that became independent. The Nebulans even kept in touch with Seatopia throughout all those centuries.

The Peacelanders and Garoga could be distant colonies of Earth as well, though I haven't seen Zone Fighter so I don't know about evidence for or against the idea.
Ivo-goji wrote: My interpretation would be that, under natural circumstances, a member of Godzilla's kind would slowly take in background radiation over their lifespan, only getting a small amount of energy from it- depending on hunting marine life for their everyday dietary needs. Over time each member of the species would gradually become colossal, near invulnerable, and able to dispel their accumulated radiation as a heat beam- but they would need to live millions of years in order to absorb enough background radiation to become like this. ShodaiGoji and LegendaryGoji are both this way, the first was stated by Dr. Yamane to have been alive since the Jurassic period, the second has been around since the Permian era. However, if a juvenile Godzillasaurus were exposed directly to huge amounts of radiation such as do not normally occur in nature, his body would rapidly take on the same features as a fully mature member of his species.
Other headcanons:

The Red Bamboo are secretly backed by radical members of China's communist government.
"Planet Kilaak" is actually Jupiter's moon, Io, the hottest object in the outer solar system and the only place the Kilaak could reasonably be if even Earth's environment is too cold for them.
The "black hole" the Simeons were trying to escape from was actually Gorath. Their plans to colonize Earth were frozen when it was discovered Gorath would also destroy our planet.
Neptune and Pluto switched orbits in Godzilla, Monster of Monsters! because of Gorath's passing near both planets; the object's enormous gravity pulled Pluto inward as it entered the solar system then dragged Neptune outward as it left the solar system.
The various ruins the player encounters in Godzilla, Monster of Monsters! are the remains of other Seatopian colonies.
The successive alien invasions Earth faced was a direct concequence of Godzilla's appearance in 1954. The Mysterians were refugees of a nuclear war; they believed if they waited too long Earth would suffer the same fate, and Godzilla emerging served as trigger for their decision to seize territory on our world while it was still worth taking. The subsequent victory of the Earth Defense Force left a power vacuum in the inner solar system- with the Mysterians crippled, the Natarl in the asteroid belt saw their opportunity to take over the Earth themselves. When the Natarl were defeated, the Xiliens were free to make their own move, which also failed. This created a similar power vacuum in the outer solar system, paving the way for the Nebulans, Simeons, Kilaaks, and Garoga to launch their campaigns against Earth. Each alien had it's own motivation for wanting to conquer the Earth, but they were only able to act when the colony closest to Earth was neutralized, and then they all fell like dominos.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.
Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Most Godzilla incarnations are specialized, semi-aquatic dinosaurs that are each similar species, with the some of the millennium Godzilla's being subspecies of the original Godzillas, and Godzillasaurus being a more land living offshoot of this evolutionary tree.
Legendary Goji's kind is an early ancestor to this Godzillasaur-group.

Showa Godzilla fought Rodan's kind at some point in the past.
Godzilla 1954 and Showa G are from separate nests of the same group who met as hatchlings and became minor rivals. G54 was the dominant male of his group, while Showa Godzilla was an intellectual loner, who only got angry when G54 & others bullied him.
Godzilla's and Titanosaurus's species fought for territory and the Godzillas won due to intelligence, but both became rare as a result.
Anguirus 1955 is different from the Showa Anguirus. Torn neck + nuclear grade flames bathing entire body+regen that isn't strong enough=ded :lol:

The Space hunter aliens were actually going to begin their plans before GvsG but postponed them until Hedorah was killed.
The Xillian who tried to "escape to the future" had a time machine similar to the futuranians of the Heisei timeline, but his ship exploded before the machine could work.
All the aliens in the Showa universe are actual aliens, the only ones who had anything to do with earth in the past were the space hunter roaches, who helped the Seatopians live underground as well as tell them where to place a dormant prehistoric beetle to create Megalon.
Ghidorah is the reason earth is one of the only inhabitable planets in the galaxy.

In the Showa and other Godzilla universes, there was a prehistoric "Age of Kaiju" which began around the Carboniferous period:
Ordovician extinction (gamma ray burst) causes mutations, some creatures mutate to absorb radiation and thrive in the increased radiation.
around 300 million years ago Megaguirus & their Meganulon swarms become the first Kaiju to roam the earth.
Mutos and the first "Godzillasauroforms" appear, including Legendary Goji.
The Permian extinction causes their decline, and around 200 million years ago, Rodans appear and becomes the dominant aerial predator.
150 million years ago Varan evolves, either from dinosaurs or from varanidae.
In the Cretaceous Gorosaurus evolves from Allosaurus, while the Showa Godzilla and Anguirus species evolve as well.
Titanosaurus and baragon evolve just before the extinction of the dinosaurs and end of the kaiju age.

Added in 2 hours 20 minutes 58 seconds:
Also Showa Godzilla is the Godzilla in DAM since he showed no signs of getting any weaker in ToMG, there is no reason to assume he died, plus the odds of yet another SoG turn of events happening and creating a new Minya are slim to none.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extra THICC!
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Billzilla1974 wrote:Also Showa Godzilla is the Godzilla in DAM since he showed no signs of getting any weaker in ToMG, there is no reason to assume he died

Yeah, but DAM takes place 24 years later. Just because he didn't show signs of getting weaker in Terror doesn't mean he couldn't have died between the two films some time later.
plus the odds of yet another SoG turn of events happening and creating a new Minya are slim to none.
I wouldn't say that. Nobody really knows where he came from in the first place, so who knows if another one could pop up at some point. It just doesn't make any sense to me why Minya wouldn't age at all by 1999.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Dr. Professor wrote:I wouldn't say that. Nobody really knows where he came from in the first place, so who knows if another one could pop up at some point. It just doesn't make any sense to me why Minya wouldn't age at all by 1999.
They're fucking giant irradiated monsters, who's to say how they age. If you want to think the Godzilla in DAM is an adult Minya and the Minya in that is a new baby, that's fine, but there's nothing within the film that suggests it.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Alright, I can't pass this by anymore. I can't! Every stinkin' time I pass by this thread, this is all I can think of:

goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587
Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:Also Showa Godzilla is the Godzilla in DAM since he showed no signs of getting any weaker in ToMG, there is no reason to assume he died

Yeah, but DAM takes place 24 years later. Just because he didn't show signs of getting weaker in Terror doesn't mean he couldn't have died between the two films some time later.
plus the odds of yet another SoG turn of events happening and creating a new Minya are slim to none.
I wouldn't say that. Nobody really knows where he came from in the first place, so who knows if another one could pop up at some point. It just doesn't make any sense to me why Minya wouldn't age at all by 1999.
24 years means nothing to a creature fueled by radiation, and since Showa Godzilla can gain energy from electricity, he would have a near endless supply of natural energy as long as lightning exists.

There is no reason to think the Showa Godzilla, who survived the deadly duo of MechaGodzilla and Titanosaurus, would suddenly just die in battle. Even then that would mean whoever killed him would take over the world before minya could ever find his father's corpse and absorb his radiation. :roll:

Also for another Minya to exist would mean another egg would need to be hatched prematurely and I highly doubt anyone would do that.
Minya Barely grows because of how premature he was, but he does grow somehow (Showa G's radiation likely helps), from 13 to 18 meters by DAM, meaning he does "age" but slowly, almost like how real big animals grow slowly.
Extra THICC!