The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by Agent Smith »

Yes I am big fan of Jurassic Park. The first two were the best but Jurassic World is cool too.
SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
Leaked Mattel catalogs reveal are first look at the Pyroraptor, the first feathered dinosaur in the JP verse (as well as Dimetrodon in the second picture and Giga in the third). Apparently these models might change but these colors are final according to the leaker.

RIP Evan.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:49 pm
Spoiler:
Leaked Mattel catalogs reveal are first look at the Pyroraptor, the first feathered dinosaur in the JP verse (as well as Dimetrodon in the second picture and Giga in the third). Apparently these models might change but these colors are final according to the leaker.

Spoiler:
F L O O F
your source of self destruction
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

E750 got leaked as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:03 pm E750 got leaked as well.
It did? Or are you referring to its real name?
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
I'm still kinda curious about Giga's rolls in the film. I'm still thinking that it's supposed to be the thing that Rexy fights at the end of the movie in the gigantic climax (maybe a mutual kill situation?) but nothing really seems to be pointing in that direction. Hope it doesn't just appear for one scene and that's it though, that be dumb.

Also, Pyroraptor is F L O O F Y. And what the heck, where did Dimetrodon come from?!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
SoggyNoodles2016

Gigantis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 pm
Spoiler:
I'm still kinda curious about Giga's rolls in the film. I'm still thinking that it's supposed to be the thing that Rexy fights at the end of the movie in the gigantic climax (maybe a mutual kill situation?) but nothing really seems to be pointing in that direction. Hope it doesn't just appear for one scene and that's it though, that be dumb.

Also, Pyroraptor is F L O O F Y. And what the heck, where did Dimetrodon come from?!
Spoiler:
from the leaks I've read, the Giga is in here to be the new "giant theropod" threat, so they don't have to come up with contrived reasons to have Rexy show up as some critiqued Fallen Kingdom for. Rexy still gets to shine (no confirmation on a fight OR a kill), it's just making sure she isn't just there because we need a Rex.

The Dimetrodon is one of the new species made by BioSyn and other genetic companies now that InGen's technology is out there in the wild.

Also agree, M U C H F L O O F

RIP Evan.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:40 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:03 pm E750 got leaked as well.
It did? Or are you referring to its real name?
I saw this earlier but they updated the video and it might now be fake.

https://youtu.be/BHoXIQS--LE

There's a link in the description.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Two steps forward, one step back. I'm excited that it has feathers, but the scaly bunny hands are really hampering my enjoyment of it. Still a good move, and we still need to see them in the movie, but I just wish they had extended the feathers that much more...
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.
SoggyNoodles2016

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:39 am
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Two steps forward, one step back. I'm excited that it has feathers, but the scaly bunny hands are really hampering my enjoyment of it. Still a good move, and we still need to see them in the movie, but I just wish they had extended the feathers that much more...
If it helps, the leaker has been pretty persistent in saying the design has been simplified for the toy and this isn't final appearance. So there's hopes it will look better

RIP Evan.
The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

JURASSIC WORLD:Camp Cretaceous teaser for Season 3.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Trevorrow said some very encouraging things about how this film relates to the franchise as a whole

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/49 ... s-together
“To me, [Dominion] is a culmination of one story that’s been told,” said Trevorrow. “When you got to the end of the Jurassic Park trilogy, it may not have been as clear in what the complete story of those three movies was because they were a bit more episodic in the way that they were approached. But this trilogy is not that way. It’s very much a serialized story.”

What was important for me was, when you watch Dominion, you really feel like you are learning how much of a story that first set of movies was and how everything that happened in those movies actually informs what ultimately is able to happen in this. If [fans] are going to be presented with six Jurassic Park movies… you hope they are going to get to feel like they watch one long story.”
Honestly...I know when some films/sequels are bad, or go so off the rails...that you pretty much HAVE to hit a partial reboot and reset back to a certain point and it may be better to just ignore them.

Still, I ultimately think that if they CAN be sort of salvaged and redeemed with future entries that give them a little bit of added value after the fact...that's a good thing. Jurassic Park 3 will always be Jurassic Park 3, warts and all....but, instead of casting it out as a black sheep and just ignoring it(I can understand the inclination).....the idea that they "bring it into the fold" and reference it and include it and make it feel like an important piece of the story...ultimately that's a better choice.

It has value in being a fast-paced, very tight and short running film. You've got Alan Grant, you've got some great sequences like "The Birdcage" and things of that nature. Stan Winston's practical effects and ILM's digital effects were on point. Ellie is also there.

So yeah...it has a super rushed ending, and the Spino sort of reigning over the film is a bit rubbish....BUT if Dominion can makes some nods, references and connections to it...if they can add some greater context to the film and the place in the story that it serves, it can make it feel a little more "legitimate" as an entry in the saga.

You can watch Jurassic Park and then pretty much go right into Jurassic World. However, Fallen Kingdom made at least one very overt reference to The Lost World, and if Dominion can do the whole Endgame thing of 'tying it all together and wrapping it all up' and include JP3 in a meaningful way in that process.....I think that would be a really good thing.

Like he said, if the tightly woven Jurassic World Trilogy can also help it feel like a big 6-part Jurassic Saga where every film is an important piece, that would be very cool.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I love Jurassic Park 3. Probably the one I have watched the most. I love the Spinosaur and Pteranodon scenes.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I love how Jurassic World feels like a direct sequel to JP but it doesn't retcon TLW or JPIII out.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Indeed. As a kid I loved all 3, then around JW...I got used to just watching Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. Then after Fallen Kingdom, I got really used to including The Lost World in the marathon.

I might as well go back to just appreciating the good things about JP 3 right now...because I do get an increasing sense from the comments that Pratt and Trevorrow have made that Dominion is very much going to be the 'Endgame' of the series that tries to tie it all together and conclude all of it.

I also LOVED Trevorrow's comments about how with the Jurassic World movies, they each bring a bigger inclusion of the classic characters into the mix as they continue....while the Star Wars sequel trilogy sort of slowly stripped away the OT heroes as they continued on.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Glad it seems like they're actually going to try and make the events of JP3 meaningful to the larger universe because that was always one of the films biggest problems. It just felt so inconsequential to the larger story and came across more like an extended TV episode than an actual film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:47 pm Glad it seems like they're actually going to try and make the events of JP3 meaningful to the larger universe because that was always one of the films biggest problems. It just felt so inconsequential to the larger story and came across more like an extended TV episode than an actual film.
Exactly, it seems almost certain that the relationship/non-relationship with Grant and Ellie will be at least revisited and touched upon. I would love to see Ian and Grant make jabs about the different solo island adventures they each had.

I think it is worth noting than in a bit of an indirect way....JW did continue the thread that was heavily established in JP3 of the Raptors being INSANELY smart, beyond what was previously expected and confirmed. Seeing just how 'advanced' they are in JW works a bit more smoothly when you've seen JP3 as a film that eases into them being on a higher level of smart/social/developed.

I know it has been in the 'off-screen' lore for a while, but to see/hear on-screen confirmation that the Spinosaurus was the first attempt at creating hybrid/heavily modified dinosaurs....that would be cool. The idea that they were using Isla Sorna as a weird testing ground "off the books" is a very cool idea.

Wouldn't hurt to get a rematch between a Spino and T-Rex like we ALMOST got in Fallen Kingdom.
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Chrispy_G wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 am

Wouldn't hurt to get a rematch between a Spino and T-Rex like we ALMOST got in Fallen Kingdom.
Yeah no we're not opening that can of worms again. :?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:30 am
Chrispy_G wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 am

Yeah no we're not opening that can of worms again. :?
I don't get it? Who wouldn't want the Rex to get some revenge?
JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Rexy already destroyed the Spinosaurus skeleton in JW. That was enough of a nod, you know? Bringing the Spino back just to be beaten would feel artificial and petty. It's been 20 years, just let it go at this point.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio