Monster Discussion: Cybersaur

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Monster Discussion: Cybersaur

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/cret/cybersaur.htm

Personally, Cybersaur’s fine. Not much more than a Mechagodzilla stand in, but he could be worse. Does its job in the story fine enough, just not really memorable.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Monster Discussion: Cybersaur

Post by Gigantis »

Cybersaur looks cool, but he's really nothing too special power-wise that really helps him stand out aside from the Sonic Dispenser. (wonder if someone who was working on the 98 animated series saw this and reused it for Cyber-Godzilla) Still he has a nice gold motif!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Liked the robot. Although I do wished it did a little more, and Cybersaur had been given more time, pages to show off what the machine can really do. Also some here may remember that Cybersaur was mentioned in some of the scuttlebutt that it was to make its live-action debut for Toho's 1999 Godzilla revival. If it had been true I'd wonder what the U.S. Mechagodzilla would look like had itshown up to combat Godzilla ,and his rumored nemesis in that flick. Bio-Godzilla. Although when I read that on ye old Barry 's Temple of Godzilla website. It sounded hokey. But what if ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

He's great, I dig the weird black visor, they're like giant shades. I especially love the gold color scheme. While his abilities are pretty stock standard, the golden look alone helps set him apart from many other mecha.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock
m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

The One and Only wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:47 pm Liked the robot. Although I do wished it did a little more, and Cybersaur had been given more time, pages to show off what the machine can really do. Also some here may remember that Cybersaur was mentioned in some of the scuttlebutt that it was to make its live-action debut for Toho's 1999 Godzilla revival. If it had been true I'd wonder what the U.S. Mechagodzilla would look like had itshown up to combat Godzilla ,and his rumored nemesis in that flick. Bio-Godzilla. Although when I read that on ye old Barry 's Temple of Godzilla website. It sounded hokey. But what if ?
While BioGodzilla has been proven to be a real concept, Cybersaur's inclusion was never a part of it.

Perhaps someone confused BioGodzilla with the upcoming American "Godzilla" movie and the comics before humming up the works? Or maybe it was trolling taken as gospel?

Either way, the proposal was permanently put on ice when Tanaka passed away and Tomiyama declined to develop it.

Shame, I would have loved to seen a BioGodzilla and Ghost Godzilla.