Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

New Pokemon Snap is a go.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:Was going to get a switch with the most recent Poke game back in April, but apparently it seems like Switches became non-existent post-January.
Yeah lol. I have a feeling this is also why Nintendo is delaying any big announcements. Apparently it has to do with the supply chain being disrupted.

Anyways, I started playing the Isle of Armor DLC. it's aight. I like the location and everything, but It would've been better at launch of sword or shield. If you've beaten the game already the thing is a cake-walk, although I do like it. It's the type of thing that if you hype up is sorta lame, but fleshes out the main game in a nice way. I have a feeling the later update will be more of a challenge as well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

GIGAN05 wrote:New Pokemon Snap is a go.
I've always liked the original N64 game, so I'm pretty stoked about this. :)
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So a few days later I've been having a lot of fun with the restricted sparring. For those who don't know, once you beat Mustard, you get access to a "battle frontier" type special challenge mode. In it you pick a specific team of three Pokemon, and face off against 5 different teams of 3. The gimmick is that you can only heal twice, and the enemies are pretty strong. I've managed to just beat the Ice-Type with:

Arctozolt
Mr. Rime
Darmatian

It was a decent challenge, and the DLC made it easy to EV and IV train. I had fun with it, and it's fun making teams of three with one specific overlapping type. I can see this being something I put a lot of time into.

While the Isle of Armor DLC is a little short, and I still wish it had a little more regular trainer battles and was just a little longer (maybe include an extra battle against Hop/Avery, or some random trainers on the island), I had fun with it. I say it's worth it, assuming the next Expansion is bigger. This honestly felt like the type of expansion that gives players more options, easier to get new/old Pokemon, easier to get rare items, easier to get new moves etc... and serves as a nice "side-quest" to the main game. My hope is that the next expansion is longer, and has an actual dungeon, expands on the story, and works as a satisfying conclusion. Overall I liked it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GIGAN05 wrote:New Pokemon Snap is a go.
The water looks really good.

Moe fun references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKQGbQ7El80
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The Pokemon Company teams up with notorious chinese company Tencent to create a money grubbing MOBA... and no one liked it.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but FredTheDinosaurMan made what's probably the first Realistic Pokemon art that's actually cute.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right thread but FredTheDinosaurMan made what's probably the first Realistic Pokemon art that's actually cute.

Fantastic artwork. Charmander looks better with stripes!
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Giratina93 wrote:
The Pokemon Company teams up with notorious chinese company Tencent to create a money grubbing MOBA... and no one liked it.
I meant to comment on this, but it’s the type of thing of why. Why, why, why. I get why it might make sense as a business situation, but it comes at a time that ranking the reputation of Pokémon at this time isn’t such a good idea. I’ve been fine with other Pokémon spin-offs, but this was the first thing that has felt like a legitimate mistake to me.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Giratina93 wrote:The Pokemon Company teams up with notorious chinese company Tencent to create a money grubbing MOBA... and no one liked it.
HA!
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

May I introduce you to non-sexual Gardevoir fanart?
Spoiler:
Added in 12 days 2 hours 27 minutes 2 seconds:
Has anyone seen the D&P leak that's been going around? I can definitively say that I prefer beta Garchomp over the final design.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The garchomp is neat, I think that the final version has always been too “busy” for my liking. Beta Gible sucks though.
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My problem with the beta Gible line is that they don’t really look like Sharks, not until Garchomp anyways. When I first saw Gabite I wondered how anyone could think that this was a shark. It looks like a mammal.

Added in 2 minutes 4 seconds:
Also, that Regigigas beta sprite looks so fucking atrocious. It looks so bad I doubt it’s even real.
For Emperor and Empire!
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm 100% sure that Giratina was modified from an Eeveelution sprite. Either Umbreon or Espeon.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

VoyagerGoji wrote:My problem with the beta Gible line is that they don’t really look like Sharks, not until Garchomp anyways. When I first saw Gabite I wondered how anyone could think that this was a shark. It looks like a mammal.

Added in 2 minutes 4 seconds:
Also, that Regigigas beta sprite looks so skreeonking atrocious. It looks so bad I doubt it’s even real.
I don't mean to be Captain obvious here, but it's really unfair to judge the standards of explicitly beta things. We don't know what exactly the regigas spite was used for beyond it just being there. It could have been a proof of concept or a lot of other things to be quite honest.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Drums are intensifying in the distance...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Honestly, I'm equal parts hyped and terrified

Hyped because I love Sinnoh

Terrified that they'll it butcher up

Guess we'll just wait and see
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home
UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

They look great. Very excited for Legends.
Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

You can really tell the Sinnoh remakes were handed off to some developer usually responsible for assets/support work, I was expecting them to look at least as good as Let's Go. The other game I'm going to say less on because we don't know enough about it but my fear is that it's basically going to be "wild area but more" without any of the interplay between different gameplay systems that really justify open world games being open world.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Giratina93 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 am []https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAQb0kARAA[/]

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjCwUk06ZSk[/]

Drums are intensifying in the distance...
Legends looks neat, interested in hearing more about what that has to offer. But those DP remakes, the textures and backgrounds look really uninspired. Not really feeling it with that one. I kept watching thinking it was going to be for 3DS, but I forgot that these are all becoming Switch games...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock