Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by canofhumdingers »

There’s promo vids of Burning G and Jet Jaguar on the main page. They both look pretty good. The poses look nice. I think the Bandai Japan JJ has a better (though far less dynamic) sculpt and paint. In fact I’d say the paint is the weakest aspect of these playmates figures. But even so, they look pretty good for inexpensive toys.
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

JJ looks a little strange from the side. Burning Godzilla looks great. I'll probably get them both.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

JJ looks good. I still can't believe that soon I'll be able to run down to Walmart and purchase a decent looking Jet Jaguar for $10. Head looks a little weird, but definitely the best looking figure in the Classics Playmates line (not counting those reissued Bandai vinyls).
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I assume they'll come out in the UK anyway, since the Final Wars Godzillas never seemed to arrive here.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I saw someone say that wal mart is looking to restock on things on the 26th. Not sure how true that is.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Does anyone know why Wal Mart's website is so annoying? I went to look up a Skullcrawler, and all I'm seeing is the after-market prices and shipping. Why can't I just see if this is in stock at certain locations?
ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

KingKaiju wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 am Does anyone know why Wal Mart's website is so annoying? I went to look up a Skullcrawler, and all I'm seeing is the after-market prices and shipping. Why can't I just see if this is in stock at certain locations?
For some reason Walmart's inventory doesn't list the Skullcrawler as a Skullcrawler. The tag for them on the shelves at my local Walmarts just lists them as "GvK Hollow Earth" so try to search the website for this term and see if it shows you the inventory at your store.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

ebirah_scampi wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 am
KingKaiju wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 am Does anyone know why Wal Mart's website is so annoying? I went to look up a Skullcrawler, and all I'm seeing is the after-market prices and shipping. Why can't I just see if this is in stock at certain locations?
For some reason Walmart's inventory doesn't list the Skullcrawler as a Skullcrawler. The tag for them on the shelves at my local Walmarts just lists them as "GvK Hollow Earth" so try to search the website for this term and see if it shows you the inventory at your store.
Interesting. I looked up "Hollow Earth" and got "Assortment Monsterverse GvK 6" Basic Hollow Earth Monster Figures" that's listed in the 6 inch section, for the same $9.84 price. No photos, but I'm pretty sure this is it. So odd!
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

BOOOOOO!!!!! Online showed 5 available in two locations for me. I ordered online for pick up, and both were cancelled due to "high demand," which probably just means their online inventory was not up to date.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Wal-Mart's inventory is never right anyway. One said it had the Illustrated Kong I wanted and it didn't, then another a different day had a whole box and said 'out of stock' in the very store I was standing in. I grabbed one.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Platypus Prime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm Wal-Mart's inventory is never right anyway. One said it had the Illustrated Kong I wanted and it didn't, then another a different day had a whole box and said 'out of stock' in the very store I was standing in. I grabbed one.
Wait Walmart sells NECA?
ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 pm
Platypus Prime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm Wal-Mart's inventory is never right anyway. One said it had the Illustrated Kong I wanted and it didn't, then another a different day had a whole box and said 'out of stock' in the very store I was standing in. I grabbed one.
Wait Walmart sells NECA?
Yeah, usually by the Blu rays and video games.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

ebirah_scampi wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:01 pm
Wait Walmart sells NECA?
Well then, I know what I'm doing this weekend. My Walmart is closer than my Target.

Didn't realize they were just like Target with where they put them. I always assumed Target held exclusive rights.
ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:21 pm
ebirah_scampi wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Wait Walmart sells NECA?
Well then, I know what I'm doing this weekend. My Walmart is closer than my Target.

Didn't realize they were just like Target with where they put them. I always assumed Target held exclusive rights.
Don't expect a large selection when you find it. It's usually just a small handful of figures.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:21 pm Well then, I know what I'm doing this weekend. My Walmart is closer than my Target.

Don't get your hopes up too high. I don't think I've *ever* seen the boxed versions at Wal-mart, only the blister carded ones. Given that NECA lost the license at the end of last year, my guess is that any NECA Godzilla product that's still on the shelves has probably been sitting in their warehouse for some time.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I think I got it. I found a store with the item in stock, but it actually listed an aisle this time. I just got the notification to pick it up. I hope it's right, it just says "Assortment Monsterverse GvK 6" Basic Hollow Earth Monster Figure." No image listed, so I'm hoping this is right. I can't believe I put this much effort into a playmates toy, but I've seen some repaints and I wanna give it a go. This pandemic's really got me trying new things.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

G1985 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:38 am
DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:21 pm Well then, I know what I'm doing this weekend. My Walmart is closer than my Target.

Don't get your hopes up too high. I don't think I've *ever* seen the boxed versions at Wal-mart, only the blister carded ones. Given that NECA lost the license at the end of last year, my guess is that any NECA Godzilla product that's still on the shelves has probably been sitting in their warehouse for some time.
Our Walmart had boxed Shin, New KK, and the Space Godzilla yesterday.
PHIL 4:13
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Update!! Check it ooooout!!! My order was confirmed this morning for that imageless "Assortment Monsterverse GvK 6" Basic Hollow Earth Monster Figure." Godzilla and Kong are pretty distinctively Godzilla and Kong. So I drove out 35 minutes to pickup THIIIIIIS BABY!!!!! YEEEAAAHH BOY!!!!
Spoiler:

I'm fucking done looking for this figure. This is NOT worth the trouble.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

KingKaiju wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:16 pm Update!! Check it ooooout!!! My order was confirmed this morning for that imageless "Assortment Monsterverse GvK 6" Basic Hollow Earth Monster Figure." Godzilla and Kong are pretty distinctively Godzilla and Kong. So I drove out 35 minutes to pickup THIIIIIIS BABY!!!!! YEEEAAAHH BOY!!!!
Spoiler:

I'm fucking done looking for this figure. This is NOT worth the trouble.
What're you talking about that's clearly a Skullcrawler.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Is the Skullcrawler rare? I saw like 3 today at the local walmart..
:gigan: