What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Xplus Gigantic Mecha Godzilla std. ver.
Also pre-ordered the Xplus Burning G19 25cm.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Box Day!

Iwakura (Cast) Gamera III skull... made myself a rough DIY stand for it, while I build a better one...

... and X-Plus carded '66 Gamera!

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re-purchased a Marmit Vinyl Paradise Series '56 Rodan & Meganuron. Gave them up years ago and missed having them in the collection lately.

Added in 2 hours 26 minutes 56 seconds:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Re-purchased a Marmit Vinyl Paradise Series '56 Rodan & Meganuron. Gave them up years ago and missed having them in the collection lately.
Ordered this t-shirt as well. Though it was cool and never done before
Ok...one more thing.......SHMA 2014 Spitfire G. Couldn't pass up the price.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

This week's haul.
Resized Image
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

This guy arrived today. Absolutely love this and has been on my wish list since I found out it ever existed. Missed out on alot during my collecting hiatus.
Resized Image
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

FINALLY. A Marmit. Haven't gotten one since this COVID shit started.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?
SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ApexOversteer wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:58 pm Box Day!

Iwakura (Cast) Gamera III skull... made myself a rough DIY stand for it, while I build a better one...

... and X-Plus carded '66 Gamera!
God, CAST makes some of the most unique stuff. I'm still looking to get the Magnetic Pipe and Space Titanium piece from GvMG. The Godzilla skin/cell from Biollante. The holy grail for me from cast is the Godzilla Tower. The fandom needs more Godzilla tower.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:27 am https://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/2/9 ... 3_orig.jpg

FINALLY. A Marmit. Haven't gotten one since this COVID shit started.
I'll one up yah.
Resized Image
O O F

What can I say, I wanted a Marmit Shin that I DON'T have to buy a plane ticket to go to a convention in Japan and hope to god they still have some for purchasing when I get there. Aftermarket on him is ridiculous too. I'm a bit behind and I missed the reissue of King Ghidorah, MG2 (just barely). I really don't want to repeat that.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:18 pm This guy arrived today. Absolutely love this and has been on my wish list since I found out it ever existed. Missed out on alot during my collecting hiatus.
How much that set you back?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:10 pm
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:18 pm This guy arrived today. Absolutely love this and has been on my wish list since I found out it ever existed. Missed out on alot during my collecting hiatus.
How much that set you back?
Let's just say....alot BUT not as much as the usual going rate. Has some creasing and water stains on the outer box cover. Figure is complete, diorama, all accessories and figure works perfectly so for a display piece 100% acceptable for me.
Resized Image
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

^ never let it go
your source of self destruction
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

master_of_monsters wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 pm ^ never let it go
Definitely a keeper
Resized Image
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

This guy showed up today. Got to re-arrange now.....again.
Resized Image
shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Finally found a Dunk Godzilla 1984 kit, will be having it professionally painted and assembled. Wondering what everyone prefers: wet or dry paint when it comes to Godzilla?
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:19 pm Finally found a Dunk Godzilla 1984 kit, will be having it professionally painted and assembled. Wondering what everyone prefers: wet or dry paint when it comes to Godzilla?
Like if the paint makes the figure look wet like he came out of water? I'm unfamiliar but really interested with this process.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:40 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:19 pm Finally found a Dunk Godzilla 1984 kit, will be having it professionally painted and assembled. Wondering what everyone prefers: wet or dry paint when it comes to Godzilla?
Like if the paint makes the figure look wet like he came out of water? I'm unfamiliar but really interested with this process.
Kind of. It's really just a layer of gloss coat that gives the figure a wet appearance.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:24 pm
Kind of. It's really just a layer of gloss coat that gives the figure a wet appearance.
In that case, personally I don't like those. I prefer my Godzilla's to be matte. Would that even be the word. I guess just d r y.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:44 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:24 pm

In that case, personally I don't like those. I prefer my Godzilla's to be matte. Would that even be the word. I guess just d r y.
I think I'm going to go this route on it.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Grats on the Dunk Kit! F-ricken wicked sculpt.

I prefer mine dry, matte. Dull as my personality. Pretty sure if your into kits, you've seen Legrandzilla's works? Dudes a madlad in the best of ways when it comes to painting Godzilla kits. For me the real question when it comes to 84/85 is what color to paint him? Same Godzilla charcoal grey or go the Shinjuku Showdown Version of the recent X-Plus and give him that really nice blue moonlit tint. The vinyl wars Marmit did something similar before that but I feel the blue tint on him really makes the design stand out. Only Finaro and Moge always stand out to me as "blue tint" Godzilla's.

Wish you luck!
shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Legrandzilla is actually painting mine! I'm not going totally screen accurate so well see if my vision pays off lol.