Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Is there any place I could buy the PS4 game for a decent price?
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:16 am Is there any place I could buy the PS4 game for a decent price?
Not from what I could find just now. You used to be able to order a copy from GameStop, and that was the best price to get it at. It's unavailable at the moment, though, and likely will be for awhile. It's a super hard game to get your hands on without overpaying.

#BotM
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Godzilla165 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:54 am
KaijuMan80 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:16 am Is there any place I could buy the PS4 game for a decent price?
Not from what I could find just now. You used to be able to order a copy from GameStop, and that was the best price to get it at. It's unavailable at the moment, though, and likely will be for awhile. It's a super hard game to get your hands on without overpaying.
Yeah it’s crazy how much it’s going for now.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I've toyed with selling mine but I know I'd regret it....and I'm SO CLOSE to the platinum....
LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Was this game better received in Japan, then in the west?
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Just got this game on eBay should come on March 1st. Can’t wait to play it with my kids :)
Kentmick
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kentmick »

Does multiplayer still work? I need those online trophies sometime if anyone is up to it.

I also have a lot of kaiju left to grind that I am terrible with (Angirus, Rodan, MG, MG2, Destroyah, etc)

I understand a lot of those are good, but I am not good with them.

Even Gigan and his move set is good.

I guess I should have started with them instead of Biolante, MGhidorah etc.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Kentmick wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:07 pm Does multiplayer still work? I need those online trophies sometime if anyone is up to it.

I also have a lot of kaiju left to grind that I am terrible with (Angirus, Rodan, MG, MG2, Destroyah, etc)

I understand a lot of those are good, but I am not good with them.

Even Gigan and his move set is good.

I guess I should have started with them instead of Biolante, MGhidorah etc.
Not sure if multiplayer is still up or not, but I'd be happy to help you get the trophies if so. My PSN is KingGhidorah1982
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Just got my copy yesterday any tips for trying to defend yourself? I know r2 is for evading but I wish there was like a sidestep button or ability.
ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

here I was thinking maybe now that the game has been out for several years I could pick up a used copy for cheap

I don't see one for less than $150

what the fuck
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!
Kentmick
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kentmick »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 am Just got my copy yesterday any tips for trying to defend yourself? I know r2 is for evading but I wish there was like a sidestep button or ability.
Not really. You heal automatically and are kinda supposed to tank.

Some kaiju like Mecha G have a shield as a special ability that can also be used offensively if you can corner an opponent against something.

Some kaiju have attacks or special attacks that cover great distances that you can use to put space between you and your opponent.

The best defense is really just a good offense. Learn some combos. This can stun them and knock them down. If they are stronger. Keep backing up and build up your special attacks meter.

If they are a fair amount larger, your combos might not stun nor knock them down.

If they are comboing you or about to use their special on you, using your special makes you invulnerable for a couple seconds. If you do it right, you can tank their attack and still hit them with the end of yours.
Last edited by Kentmick on Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Kentmick wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:54 pm
KaijuMan80 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 am Just got my copy yesterday any tips for trying to defend yourself? I know r2 is for evading but I wish there was like a sidestep button or ability.
Not really. You heal automatically and are kinda supposed to tank.

Some kaiju like Mecha G have a shield as a special ability that can also be used offensively if you can corner an opponent against something.

Some kaiju have attacks or special attacks that cover great distances that you can use to out space between you and your opponent.

The best defense is really just a good offense. Learn some combos. This can stun them and knock them down. If they are stronger. Keep backing up and build up your special attacks meter.

If they are a fair amount larger, your combos might not stun nor knock them down.

If they are combining you or about to use their special on you, using your special makes you invulnerable for a couple seconds. If you do it right, you can tank their attack and still hit them with the end of yours.
Thanks!!
Kentmick
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kentmick »

Also, just because you think you can't beat a run through doesn't mean you shouldn't try. You can level up how fast your special charges, and how many specials you can hold. This makes a world of difference.

Some monsters seem weak but if you look at a youtube, you realize they aren't really. Some are just brawlers but some require the use of combos.

Learn to roar and do it often. This beefs up attacks or allows you to perform different attacks.
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Kentmick wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 pm Also, just because you think you can't beat a run through doesn't mean you shouldn't try. You can level up how fast your special charges, and how many specials you can hold. This makes a world of difference.

Some monsters seem weak but if you look at a youtube, you realize they aren't really. Some are just brawlers but some require the use of combos.

Learn to roar and do it often. This beefs up attacks or allows you to perform different attacks.
Thanks again!
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

How do I farm for more Jet Jaguar circuit boards?
Arsenozilla1999
Young Farmer

Post by Arsenozilla1999 »

g2vd wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:41 am
Barkley wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:
....... erm
You can only play as Godzilla in the PS3 version (Godzilla 2014, Burning Godzilla in King of Kaiju mode). All monsters are playable in the PS4 version.
What? No!

I paid fifty bones for this bullshit...oh well, guess I should have done my homework.

-Barkley
Sorry about that that's got to be really disappointing I know, but the game is still really fun without the other monsters just not as fun as the PS4 version.
you can actually use other monsters by hacking it, so you have to play it on RPCS3 on PC.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This just came out, courtesy of Matt McMuscles :

If a similar Godzilla game gets made again in the future, what precautions do you think should taken to not repeat the same mistake as last time? I for one think that they should not wait until a the end of a console's run for it to be done more cheaply and subsequent half-assed importing to whatever console succeeds it. In addition, They should make there be more objectives than just smashing a nuclear reactor and defeating the enemy monster to clear a stage. If you have ideas for potential objectives, let me know. They should also give the player the ability to block and aim as well as a health bar, which was sorely missing from the actual game we got.
PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 pm what precautions do you think should taken to not repeat the same mistake as last time?
Local multiplayer
LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:44 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 pm what precautions do you think should taken to not repeat the same mistake as last time?
Local multiplayer
That's one thing. Anything else you can think of?
goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:37 pm
PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:44 pm
Local multiplayer
That's one thing. Anything else you can think of?
Tighter control's obviously, get rid of the tedious and redundant tasks of destroying power generators, a better character select screen akin to fighting games, open world, underwater battles lol, better story mode..... I mean just my two cents.