Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

I think the funny thing about this thread is, invariably, someone's opinion is going to be unpopular, whether by popular consensus or someone else.
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:56 pm I think the funny thing about this thread is, invariably, someone's opinion is going to be unpopular, whether by popular consensus or someone else.
What I find hilarious is mostly, we get more people agreeing with the opinions or chiming in with their own opinons based around it then actualy like. Actual reactions of anger over an opinion.

Which given how this forum CAN be, REALLY seems weird.

RIP Evan.
Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm
Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:56 pm I think the funny thing about this thread is, invariably, someone's opinion is going to be unpopular, whether by popular consensus or someone else.
What I find hilarious is mostly, we get more people agreeing with the opinions or chiming in with their own opinons based around it then actualy like. Actual reactions of anger over an opinion.

Which given how this forum CAN be, REALLY seems weird.
Maybe it's because people are feeling emboldened by other people sharing a 'controversial' opinion, and thus decide to chime in or add onto it?
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Here is my incarnation Tier List. Some rankings might be unpopular idk.
For Emperor and Empire!
JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:03 pm Here is my incarnation Tier List. Some rankings might be unpopular idk.
You've... put a GINO incarnation above G2K/GXM and Shin.

And I actually like MV Godzilla's small head. It makes the body look larger and more imposing.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:39 pm
Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:03 pm Here is my incarnation Tier List. Some rankings might be unpopular idk.
You've... put a GINO incarnation above G2K/GXM and Shin.

And I actually like MV Godzilla's small head. It makes the body look larger and more imposing.
Have you seen said GINO series? He’s better than Hulkzilla and Mr Body Horror.
For Emperor and Empire!
SoggyNoodles2016

That's not that Godzilla though. That's his dad/Cyber-Godzilla. That's not how it works pal.

Also, don't care about the rest (it's your opinion) but gotta call out you put Ultima in F. We literally haven't seen him, don't judge that quick.

RIP Evan.
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:20 pm That's not that Godzilla though. That's his dad/Cyber-Godzilla. That's not how it works pal.

Also, don't care about the rest (it's your opinion) but gotta call out you put Ultima in F. We literally haven't seen him, don't judge that quick.
1. The “GINO” I put in B is the Godzilla we see in the majority of the series, aka the grown-up child. This is the picture I placed in B.

You may be referring to something else so could you explain if so? Are you talking to JAG or myself in this first sentence?

2. I know we haven’t seen Ultima in action, but purely based on his design, I hate every inch of it.
Last edited by Voyager on Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!
SoggyNoodles2016

Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:40 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:20 pm That's not that Godzilla though. That's his dad/Cyber-Godzilla. That's not how it works pal.

1. The “GINO” I put in B is the Godzilla we see in the majority of the series, aka the grown-up child. This is the picture I placed in B.

You may be referring to something else so could you explain if so? Are you talking to JAG or myself in this first sentence?

2. I know we haven’t seen Ultima in action, but purely based on his design, I hate every inch of it.
1. Ah, misread it. Thought it was base Zilla above the 2000s. Nevermind.

2. That's a perfectly fine reason to dislike it, I'm just saying it seems extra annoying to me when you are specifically ranking INCARNATIONS and ignored designs for the rest of this list it seems.

But you were smart and put Showa in the S tier as he deserves so I'll let it slide ;)

RIP Evan.
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:42 pm
Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:40 pm

1. Ah, misread it. Thought it was base Zilla above the 2000s. Nevermind.

2. That's a perfectly fine reason to dislike it, I'm just saying it seems extra annoying to me when you are specifically ranking INCARNATIONS and ignored designs for the rest of this list it seems.

But you were smart and put Showa in the S tier as he deserves so I'll let it slide ;)
We’re all hunky-dorey then, so all is good. And let the true king reign.
For Emperor and Empire!
Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Simultaneously based and cringe. Good work.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.
Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The coup subplot in Final Wars is brilliant (on paper), and I'd like to see it reused in a future g-film but more fleshed out.
He Jock it Made of Steel
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:56 am I've said it before and I'll say it again. The coup subplot in Final Wars is brilliant (on paper), and I'd like to see it reused in a future g-film but more fleshed out.
The whole inner conspiracy aspect of the film, is definitely unique and tense in the right moments.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm I don't think MV Godzilla is a particularly good design
Same. Even back in 2014 when it debuted I wasn't crazy about it. I don't dislike it per se, but I think its highly overrated. For me there's just something about it that doesn't click, like its missing something, somehow. I feel like it leans into the whole "DUDE REALISM" angle too hard. I suppose I prefer my kaiju to have an aura of the fantastical.
Resized Image
tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

2014 was just what it needed to be and 2019-21 is even better.
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly, i think the Ready Player One Mechagodzilla design is better than the one in Godzilla vs. Kong.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 am Honestly, i think the Ready Player One Mechagodzilla design is better than the one in Godzilla vs. Kong.
He's right!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.
goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 am
Gigantis wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 am Honestly, i think the Ready Player One Mechagodzilla design is better than the one in Godzilla vs. Kong.
He's right!
He aint lying.
SoggyNoodles2016

He ain't THAT bad fellas. lol, I'm starting to just side with liking this design because all the crap people gave it...

Honestly, I think if he just had some more edges to contrast the blockiness of the design, he'd be a wonderful Mechagodzilla. Some spikes on the claw arms, classic fangs, etc.

RIP Evan.
godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Okay I guess liking the Legendary Mechagodzilla design is the unpopular opinion now lol