Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by plasmabeam »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:32 am

I would say the source that provided it to me is reliable as they were correct with several sequences regarding KOTM prior to release, unless things have changed behind the scenes since which is a possibility.

That said it wouldn't really be a victory strike if
Spoiler:
it isn't really a victory. It's just meant to look that way.
I just think the entire trailer is meant to show Kong will give Godzilla a solid fight and hold his own. I still firmly believe Godzilla will win but be heavily wounded an exhausted which makes him an easy target for MG which is why it will require the both of them to take him out.
True.
I just watched it yet again and it's hard to get over the fact that they keep showing Godzilla being abused repeatedly. He looks weaker and he looks like he has zero personality - like he's just some lizard creature Kong is beating up.

Does anyone remember that stupid Bean commercial/animated film last year with Godzilla and Kong fighting? (https://youtu.be/w8VLZtL5V04) They made Godzilla look like a weaker chump in it and constantly being beat up. Well, I hate that ad. This trailer, albeit beautiful, is pretty much that ad in vibe with a much larger budget. It's pretty insulting and I don't really enjoy watching it anymore.
Last edited by plasmabeam on Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Hokmuto wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:20 am
vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:06 am Being curious, how did the football game rumor went? Was there any commercial about GvK?
Apparently there was something during the AFC Championship
By the way, aren't the facilities that Godzilla blows up nuclear power plant?
Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

He blows up pensacola. It's an apex facility. So Godzilla is being framed there too.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.
Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Kong and Girl connection.

It's very similar to Gamera and Asagi in Gamera: Guardian of The Universe. Or basically any of Gamera's connection to children in Gamera movies.

Is there a possibility this script was originally intended as a Godzilla Vs Gamera movie but the rights didn't align?
vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Kaijucifer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:07 am He blows up pensacola. It's an apex facility. So Godzilla is being framed there too.
Yeah right? Interesting. And someone has already pointed out that the scene at 2:10 looks like Madison got in MG's cockpit or control room. The spoiler you and I talked about before is becoming more credible.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

djambalaz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 am Do you think Kong will at least for once take hit by atomic breath and survive?
I imagine so. He did in the original film, although he was cleared deterred by it. Remember that the MUTOs tanked a few hits by Godzilla's beam, though it was a weakened form. KOTM beefed it up, but if I recall correctly Ghidorah was able to still tank a few hits.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

Reddit CU guy won't give up lol
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.
MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

I'm going to be completely honest, I really don't want MechaG to be wearing a fake skin like in 74. That just seems really goofy and even more out of place tonally than what's already been presented. Besides, it'll feel like a cop out for the fights between Godzilla and Kong.

Also, to that Halloween Kills screening guy, how does one even get involved with movie screenings?
Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:44 am I'm going to be completely honest, I really don't want MechaG to be wearing a fake skin like in 74. That just seems really goofy and even more out of place tonally than what's already been presented. Besides, it'll feel like a cop out for the fights between Godzilla and Kong.

Also, to that Halloween Kills screening guy, how does one even get involved with movie screenings?
Good news, you can stop worrying about that. Because there is no fake Godzilla. They established the Orca last movie so they could find a way to make Godzilla and Kong fight without making Godzilla a full on villain. Make him behave irregularly and "attack" humanity while disguising the fact that they're baiting him with Mechagodzilla/The Orca that nobody else is finding out why. At every site it may be that wherever Godzilla goes is the signal being broadcast luring him to the area so he'll attack it trying to kill the alpha there when there is nothing. Godzilla will probably be lured to the Kongvoyage by apex double agents broadcasting the signal in their fleet, drawing Godzilla there to fight with Kong. Given the speaking in past tense, Godzilla will inadvertently kill Kong's young human girl friend Jia, providing Kong his motivation for his vendetta against Godzilla since he swore to protect the little girl, now he will want to avenge her. What Kong and Godzilla do not realize are they are both pawns, and Apex is probably trying to get them both to cause wanton Destruction so they can win support to unleash Mechagodzilla on them to finish them and the rest of the Titans. I believe Ren Serizawa is gonna be part of this. I heard a rumour that Alexander Skarsgard is trying to keep the orca away from Apex, but he fails and that's probably how they accomplish all of this.
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

djambalaz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:04 am Do you think Kong will at least for once take hit by atomic breath and survive?
If you look really closely at the scene where Kong jumps on top of a building to then do the axe-shielding maneuver, you see Kong’s fur is kinda burnt so presumably he got hit with the atomic breath

Added in 5 minutes 3 seconds:
vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:01 am
Hokmuto wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:20 am
vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:06 am Being curious, how did the football game rumor went? Was there any commercial about GvK?
Apparently there was something during the AFC Championship
By the way, aren't the facilities that Godzilla blows up nuclear power plant?
Yep, Apex nuclear plants as someone else has described. So I think we can chuck the “Godzilla attacking nuclear plants for food” out the window

I pretty much agree w/ everything Kaijucifer said. Why does Kong get chained up in the first place though? I would understand if it’s Apex but it’s clearly Monarch doing it. And from the way they’re speaking, it seems like they know Godzilla is coming (the military, the talks about Kong not bowing to Godzilla in a scene presumably while he is still shackled up etc). I’m not sure how that plays into the picture. Maybe Monarch deploys Kong knowing he is the only thing that can stop Godzilla which ruins Apex’s plans to continuously make Godzilla the bad guy and attack cities, so they attract him towards the now shackled Kong to defeat him ASAP? I’m not entirely sure
Long Live The King
Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 pm
ebirah_scampi wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:41 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:36 pm Don't know if this is relevant at all but I went to a test screening of Halloween Kills back in February 2020, right before the COVID stuff hit hard in the US, after that, all private screenings were moved to Zoom.

I still get offers to go to them, but they require Zoom meetings for about 3 hours.

Point being, if they said they "went to a test screening", they're immediately bullshitting.

Would you give Halloween Kills a thumbs up or thumbs down?
As an avid Halloween fan I can say I without a doubt loved every minute of it. It's like if John Carpenter and Rob Zombie worked on a film together, as far as terrifying substance meets gore galore. Actually it's gorier than RZ's Halloween series, but I don't know how many scenes they may reshoot or cut.

I made it to their private post-film group. Spoke with the producer and editor along with 7 other people about our likes and dislikes, apparently I'm part of their "perfect demographic" (I'm 20). They told us we were the very first screening of the film which was kinda epic.
Spoiler:
They asked us how we'd permakill Michael, I told em a a wood chipper.. they seemed intrigued :shock: .
Added in 7 minutes 9 seconds:
I'm still hyped about Ren Serizawa being confirmed, I forgot who leaked that but the rest of their leaks were probably legit at this point eh?
Out of curiosity, how would one sign up to get invited to screenings like that? I already take a lot Zoom classes, so three hours in a Zoom call watching a movie very few people have seen before would be easy for me.

I'm curious to see what people think, is this going to be the only the trailer they put out, with only TV Spots being shown, or will they release one more trailer just before it comes out?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*
djambalaz
Yojimbo

Post by djambalaz »

2 months to release. I am 95% sure in just 3-4 weeks from now someone will blow the case (plot) wide open giving us all the info. Patience!
Pons
Ronin

Post by Pons »

I wonder how many original Titans, if any, will be in this film(excluding Warbat). IIRC there was a 4chan eaker a while back saying there would be more than KotM..
Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

Am I the only one who found that kid-Kong connection weird? Like there were a lot of old iwis that probably had more experience with Kong, why pick her? Is she an super-duper-uber rare indigo child born once in every 100 years?

how do warbats fly with their frills that clearly aint made for flying
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm loving the G fanboys on Facebook going insane that Kong is even touching Godzilla. I knew it would be bad. But I didn't know peeps would be so in denial.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Eel221 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 am Am I the only one who found that kid-Kong connection weird? Like there were a lot of old iwis that probably had more experience with Kong, why pick her? Is she an super-duper-uber rare indigo child born once in every 100 years?

I suppose we will have to watch the movie and find out. :P
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If you look at the trailer Godzilla has been attacking Apex for awhile. I'm think he senses the chained up Ghidorah first then he starts chasing Mechagodzilla who is being moved from base to base to make Godzilla look bad.

Added in 2 minutes 33 seconds:
Kong may not be as powerful as Ghidorah but everyone had to know he would be Godzilla's toughest fight ever. King has the same plot armor that Godzilla has.

No one will be as tough as Kong expect if he fights Mothra or if they somehow pull Gamera.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Eel221 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 am Am I the only one who found that kid-Kong connection weird? Like there were a lot of old iwis that probably had more experience with Kong, why pick her? Is she an super-duper-uber rare indigo child born once in every 100 years?

I'm assuming the girl is the first Iwi to actually become friends with Kong. In SI the rest just hide under his protection. Either that or she is also mute so the two communicate through sign language or telepathy. But that's insane. Was a rumor though to hey. Gives them so similar ground.

The warbats probably glide not fly. It seems they can't go to high. And they fly pretty slow

Added in 6 minutes 54 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:40 am If you look at the trailer Godzilla has been attacking Apex for awhile. I'm think he senses the chained up Ghidorah first then he starts chasing Mechagodzilla who is being moved from base to base to make Godzilla look bad.

Added in 2 minutes 33 seconds:
Kong may not be as powerful as Ghidorah but everyone had to know he would be Godzilla's toughest fight ever. King has the same plot armor that Godzilla has.

No one will be as tough as Kong expect if he fights Mothra or if they somehow pull Gamera.
That's what I think it seems the most logical route.

They could go the fake G route and have more fights than we're expecting. Maybe have some sort of camofaugue mode instead of a suit.

That way maybe it goes 1v1 Kong v MG(disguised), 1v1(GvK after Kong gets his axe and the real Godzilla wakes), 2v1 Kong and Godzilla vs MG and then 1v1 Kong v Godzilla final round.

It seems there's gonna be two segments to the Hing Kong fight. One at day and one at night.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!
ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

plasmabeam wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:30 pm
Italian G-Fan wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:14 pm
Someone can still be a fan of something while wanting this something to end. You know how many Godzilla fans want the franchise to end? A lot. And for good reasons too. The Godzilla franchise had it’s time. Continuing it is basically trying to milk a cow without no more milk.
Excuse me? Guess what. You can make this franchise end by stopping any involvement in forums, ignoring new movies, etc.
Wanting such a loved character to end is so ridiculously insulting to this fan base, who lives, eats, and breathes all things Godzilla.

If you want it to end, I suggest you end it within yourself and it will be ended.

I'm so tired of listening to you and your negativity crapping on everything. Everyone should note that you are pretty much a troll who admits being one. Once in a while you cleverly jump into a convo normally so it won't trigger your removal, just so that you can troll the forum longer and be gleeful about it on top of that. You will never bring an ounce of light or positivity here, and you will constantly be reminded that Godzilla will not end, so why don't you end your presence here, thus "ending Godzilla"?

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
Hey, "be the change you want to see in the world." :roll:
I know right, just ignore the trolls, the more you respond to them the harder it is to rid them. If he wants the franchise to end he can email WB and Legendary and let's see where that'll get him if GvK becomes successful :). I really think precious time is better spent else where than to reply the trolls.
Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Godzilla won't be ending any time soon. He's been around for nearly a century. He may go on hiatus for a while, but he will never die.

"He's a living nuclear weapon, destined to walk the earth forever"
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns