MUTO Appreciation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Re: MUTO Appreciation Thread

Post by Italian G-Fan »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:11 am That video alone disproves both statements at once. In this scene, the MUTOs not only display emotion and personality, they also utilize a wide and unique variety of vocalizations.
I seriously can’t see and hear any of what you just said tbh
Last edited by Italian G-Fan on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I would love to know how they made the range of vocalizations for the MUTOs, because the range of different noises they made was amazing.

"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm I would love to know how they made the range of vocalizations for the MUTOs, because the range of different noises they made was amazing.

Some info in here: https://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/ ... -2015.html
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.
donaldino
Yojimbo

Post by donaldino »

The Mutos were my favourite part of this film! Their designs are amazing, I love their flashing eyes and the shape of their heads. They would have fit really well in classic Godzilla movies too! I was super anticipating seeing what they looked like. Keeping them out of marketing for the movie was a smart move. The best part of the movie for me was when the male Muto first meets with the female and delivers her the warhead. When their heads touch and their eyes flash faster, this was an excellent way to show intimacy between them and it reminds us that they're giant animals and not just monsters.
Last edited by donaldino on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Initially I didn't care for the MUTOs, especially the eggs part. But I have grown to like them more over time, they always remind me of the arachnids from Starship Troopers, one of my favorite movies.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)
Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I always really admired the MUTO design process. Edwards and company were right when they said they aimed to make them resemble things we've seen in nature, but not an exact 1 to 1. Godzilla is a reptile, Mothra is an insect, but the MUTOs? Yeah they have an athropod-like silhouette, but looking at their mouths, legs, skin, and body form you see more similarities to a bunch of different vertebrates. To paraphrase, a designer mentioned they are almost like insects built out of mammals; which matches well. The MUTOs also stand as quite distinct against the larger Godzilla roster. There are vague similarities like Gigan's glowing eyes and hooks, but they still look quite different.