Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point - Netflix Anime Series

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I really like that poster. Goddamn. Godzilla looks menacing.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cookson wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pm Interesting poster. I don’t hate the Godzilla look but don’t necessarily like it either. Weird front shot of him
OH BABY GUESS WHO HAS A NETFLIX ACCOUNT IN JAPAN.
I guess I’ll the first to say what’s going on. Payback for Kong vs Godzilla being in America first...

The poster looks awesome. Admittedly Godzilla looks a bit goofy, but definitely more intimidating than the concept from a few weeks ago. As I have said, I suppose I’ll gave to see everything in action, I’m excited!

Added in 6 minutes 3 seconds:
BennettCommando wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 pm At first glance, I was shocked by the face of SP Goji, but more I see it, the more I love its design that captures the “weirdness” that makes a Kaiju “monster” instead of “Oversized dinosaurs”.

I also like the style of the poster that seems to play a homage to Shows Era posters.

As for the teeth, I noticed that in the trailer, “Rodan” seems to has a similar set of teeth. Interesting indeed......
Yeah, 100%. Someone pointed out the three rays. Maybe, I could see that.

Also Jet Jaguar is on the poster, but if you look carefully, there might be a new monster to the left of the girl.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:04 am
Cookson wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pm Interesting poster. I don’t hate the Godzilla look but don’t necessarily like it either. Weird front shot of him
I guess I’ll the first to say what’s going on. Payback for Kong vs Godzilla being in America first...

The poster looks awesome. Admittedly Godzilla looks a bit goofy, but definitely more intimidating than the concept from a few weeks ago. As I have said, I suppose I’ll gave to see everything in action, I’m excited!

BennettCommando wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 pm At first glance, I was shocked by the face of SP Goji, but more I see it, the more I love its design that captures the “weirdness” that makes a Kaiju “monster” instead of “Oversized dinosaurs”.

I also like the style of the poster that seems to play a homage to Shows Era posters.

As for the teeth, I noticed that in the trailer, “Rodan” seems to has a similar set of teeth. Interesting indeed......

Also Jet Jaguar is on the poster, but if you look carefully, there might be a new monster to the left of the girl.
Where is this alleged monster? I dont see it.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:04 am

Where is this alleged monster? I dont see it.

To be clear, it might not be a monster, but I clearly see an eye. Maybe it's a statue? It stands out in contrast to the background, and I really don't know what I'm looking at. Maybe I'm just crazy?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

That face is ew
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

The concept idea of three throats is cool.

The execution, however, leaves much to be desired

I'm feeling this design less and less
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

This bizarro Godzilla really is growing on me. The quad decker jaw reminds me of the double row of teeth that Heisei Godzilla had, and those fangs are some serious Oni imagery. Godzilla looks and feels like he’s gonna be gnarly in this properly crazy looking series, which I’m really excited to see!

#BotM
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:58 am Image

To be clear, it might not be a monster, but I clearly see an eye. Maybe it's a statue? It stands out in contrast to the background, and I really don't know what I'm looking at. Maybe I'm just crazy?
I'm seeing a very familiar golden dragon in that face..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I think it rocks that Japan is doing weird Godzillas now that Hollywood is doing more conventional ones honestly. I wasn't sold on a lot of Shin's abilities when I first got spoiled on them but in context I was really into it. Looking forward to actually seeing the series.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon
Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

He got a snake jaw
He Jock it Made of Steel
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Im all for different. Yeah different doesn't always work but after decades of the same ol stuff over and over again its refreshing to see Toho actually take chances for a change. Lucky for us Shin Godzilla was an enormous hit for them proving that taking chances can actually pay off.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I'm still waiting for a more neutral pose of Godzilla before I decide whether or not I like him but I definitely love what they are trying to go for.
Dust Errant
Samurai

Post by Dust Errant »

Personally, just really need to see it in action before I make up my mind on this design at this point. I had my doubts about Shin when I first saw it, but it's definitely grown on me after having seen it.

Also just want to say, there is always going to be discussion when a new design comes out. People are allowed to love it, and people are allowed to hate it. We're all allowed to have our opinion, and that's totally cool. That being said, anyone saying the designs are lessening their interest in watching this...get outta here >_>. As a Godzilla fan, I'mma take anything Godzilla related anyone wants to throw at me. Sure, I'll judge it accordingly afterwards, but as a fan, I'm not going to turn stuff down off of something really simple as kaiju design choices...
Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Blair Phoenix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 am Personally, just really need to see it in action before I make up my mind on this design at this point. I had my doubts about Shin when I first saw it, but it's definitely grown on me after having seen it.

Also just want to say, there is always going to be discussion when a new design comes out. People are allowed to love it, and people are allowed to hate it. We're all allowed to have our opinion, and that's totally cool. That being said, anyone saying the designs are lessening their interest in watching this...get outta here >_>. As a Godzilla fan, I'mma take anything Godzilla related anyone wants to throw at me. Sure, I'll judge it accordingly afterwards, but as a fan, I'm not going to turn stuff down off of something really simple as kaiju design choices...
I mean I do get people who lose interest in this because of the design if they are not that much into the concept overall. Lessened interest could also mean that they won't prioritize to watch this immediately after it's release. Everybody has a different connection to his Godzilla faible. And that's alright
Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Blair Phoenix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 am Personally, just really need to see it in action before I make up my mind on this design at this point. I had my doubts about Shin when I first saw it, but it's definitely grown on me after having seen it.

I mean I do get people who lose interest in this because of the design if they are not that much into the concept overall. Lessened interest could also mean that they won't prioritize to watch this immediately after it's release. Everybody has a different connection to their Godzilla faible. And that's alright
Last edited by Dyrakro on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

omgitsgodzilla wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:50 am I think it rocks that Japan is doing weird Godzillas now that Hollywood is doing more conventional ones honestly. I wasn't sold on a lot of Shin's abilities when I first got spoiled on them but in context I was really into it. Looking forward to actually seeing the series.
totally agree.

Also, for me, Legendary Godzilla hovers a bit too close to Heisei Gamera in character. I'm glad Toho has gone all-in on Godzilla the mega-villain.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Toho gives Hollywood some traditional aspects to stick to, while they handle the more extreme incarnations. Sounds like a solid plan that was likely thought of Post-98 lmao.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:45 am

Where/how? That's the weirdest thing, hard to identify what it is, if anything. We could still just be seeing a face wrong.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tbh it just looks like Jet jaguars head looking to the side without the metal shell.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 pm
Gigantis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:45 am

Where/how? That's the weirdest thing, hard to identify what it is, if anything. We could still just be seeing a face wrong.
The back horns look almost exactly like Ghidorah's Heisei and Legendary designs, plus the familiar snout, the similar skin tone. Looks like Ghidorah to me.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!