The Alien (Alien: Isolation) vs The City Hunter (Predator 2)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

The Alien (Alien: Isolation) vs The City Hunter (Predator 2)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Alien: https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Drone_(Sevastopol)
The City Hunter: https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/City_Hunter

Rules:

Sizes are unchanged; neither can call any allies for assistance.

Round 1: The Predator is masked and is armed with his plasma caster, combi-stick and smart disc.

Round 2: The Predator lacks his mask and plasma caster.

Battleground: Sevastopol Station (Round 1), Los Angeles (Round 2).

Verdict: This is a toughie. For one, no matter where he's at, the Alien will definitely use the environment to his advantage, and set up more than a few sneak attacks for the City Hunter. But at the same time, in Round 1, the Predator has the tricks to detect the Alien and possibly even counteract his attacks. The Alien is definitely not gonna be having a good time if he gets hit with that plasma caster, and if that smart disc scores a direct hit he's either losing a limb or he's downright dead. And the Predator is an ultimate badass with that spear, so if the Alien gets in close he has to be careful not to get stabbed anywhere vital. But, at the same time, the Alien is a towering juggernaut of sheer brute strength, and if he survives the ranged attacks and gets in close the Predator also needs to keep on his toes if he fights him in melee combat. If he gets his hands on him, the Alien can easily crush, strangle or throw the Predator across the hallway like he's nothing, and as if that isn't bad enough he's also got a tail that can spell just as much doom for the Predator as his own spear can for the Alien. Not to mention, he also bleeds acid.

Overall, I can see the City Hunter pulling off a win in Round 1, but unless he scored a lucky hit with one of those ranged weapons of his, it wouldn't be an easy bout.

And then there's Round 2. Even without his mask, the City Hunter was still shown to be one tough motherskreeonker... ... ...but unlike Danny Glover and all the other humans he was hunting, the Alien "doesn't show up on infrared at all." As a result, he's gonna be having a much harder time keeping track of the Alien than he would a human because its signature doesn't show up on his eyesight (unless there's a Predator book I'm not aware of that says yautja can change the mode of their eyesight). And with no plasma caster to shoot the Alien with, he's gonna have to rely on his Smart Disc only if he wants to take the monster out before it gets in close. If he scores a hit, same results as last time. If he misses (which he may be far more likely to do due to the Alien's non-infrared signature), then melee is his only way out, and that's gonna be a lot harder for him than usual. The City Hunter is no slouch in any way shape or form in melee combat, but that goes without saying; having limited weaponry while tangling with a towering brute several times stronger than you, is resistant to fire, EMP Mines and gunfire, bleeds acid, has a long tail and possesses a mini-mouth capable of shattering any part of you with one precise strike, carries grave risks. If the Predator makes one mistake, one fatal misstep, then it's "Game Over, Man! Game Over!" But, need I remind you that the City Hunter still has his Combi Stick and Smart Disc, the latter of which is also a melee weapon and a very lethal one at that.

For Round 2, I'd say the Alien has a 65% chance of winning, while the City hunter has a 35% chance. Overall, my Round 2 bet goes to the Alien.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image
Spuro
Keizer

Re: The Alien (Alien: Isolation) vs The City Hunter (Predator 2)

Post by Spuro »

Video games aren't allowed...

And if they are allowed? Well, then the Alien from that game is unkillable, so naturally it stomps.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.
SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Yeah, I'm not sure what are video game rules are, especially for a game like Isolation with like one cutscene, so I might have to lock this until I find some more information.

You ask me though, this is in the Pred's favor. The alien is basically a normal Xenomorph drone and it's is canon in like 8 continuities Yajuta can easily kill those. Hell, poor bastard doesn't even have a swarm to back him up....

Added in 2 minutes 4 seconds:
Actually, thinking on it, isn't this techincally just a Xenomorph like the films? In which case, I think it squeaks by?

Jesus, this is confusing....

RIP Evan.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

This is a real morally gray area in regards to the video game rule. Both of these entities can just be replaced with their movie counterparts and nothing changes, and Isolation isn't exactly a cutscene heavy game for the Xeno to flex its non-variable dependent muscles with...

But it does break rules, and not just the "no video game character" one.

Only one match is permitted per thread. The exceptions to this are mod-sanctioned tournaments.
Round style fights like this break that rule, so as such, this match is locked.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!