Ultraman (Original Series) vs. Anguirus (1955)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Arena: Osaka Castle Area
Rules: Feats only from the very first series of Ultraman while this is Anguirus specifically how he was in 1955's Godzilla Raids Again. We are going to have this be a two round fight (if need). First round keeps Ultraman's standard three minute timer. Second round will give Ultraman unlimited energy (we'll pretend the SSSP did something to help should Ultraman lose round 1). Ultraman can not use any BS Plot Powers that he only uses once in the series (like the moves used on Red King II).

Fight One: I think Anguirus offers up a bit more aggression and speed compared to most of the monsters Ultraman fought. His tenacity will do him well here, but Ultraman's strength shouldn't be underrated, having enough strength to easily throw the likes of Red King and Telesdon around. However, I don't think Ultraman will last long enough to secure a big W. Anguirus' carapace should offer him protection akin to Antlar's exoskeleton and Gomora's hide, two monsters that withstanded Ultraman's specium ray.

Fight Two: Now without his time limit, I think Ultraman will pull out the victory by simply outsmarting Anguirus. He's going to know at some point that the carapace can withstand the specium. I think this is when his strength would really come into play, if not by breaking Anguirus' neck, by just flipping him over and exposing the softer underbelly for a final blow.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Ultraman (Original Series) vs. Anguirus (1955)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

An Ultra with their timer disabled is a powerful foe indeed, because clearly they are shown to be immensely durable with how rare it is for their skin to be broken, the issue is just that damage they take also causes the timer to go down as well.

I think Ultraman with the 3 minute timer could still beat Anguirus, though I agree he will be in for a rough fight. 55 Anguirus is pure aggression, Ultraman will barely have a moment to breathe.

Ultimately the strength that lets him toss around monsters much heavier than Anguirus gives him the win for me, flipping Anguirus over onto his back and using the Specium Ray sounds highly plausible, along with the deadliness of the Cutting Halo possibly decapitating Anguirus. Though with the time limit intact, this will still be a match that will leave seconds on the clock, I’d give it to Ultraman 6 or 7 times out of 10.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

For round one, I see Anguirus winning. Ultraman is a skilled fighter with beams that can do damage to Anguirus, but the time limit combined with Anguirus's aggressiveness means Ultraman will have a rough fight. I can't see him winning with Anguirus constantly at his throat.

Round two, however, goes to Ultraman. Ultraman will adapt his strategy and attack methods. He may rely more on beams than physical attack to wear Anguirus down. Ultraman can then deliver a specium beam to the vulnerable belly, cut off his head, or whatever to finish off Anguirus.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.
AaronMJ90
Ronin

Post by AaronMJ90 »

Ultraman probably wins round 1 in time and definitely wins round 2. He was hella strong and will probably just use Anguirus's aggression against him.