Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
merio
GPN Volunteer

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by merio »

honestly megalon is one of the hardest kaiju to give a more realistic design.
he/him 17
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Mega Thick Ghidorah with absolutely monstrous feet.
For Emperor and Empire!
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So apparently there's a Shin Godzilla in Godzilla: World of Monsters and- OH MY GOD
There's so much e d g e that a pore on my forehead is getting skewered by the computer screen.
tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

merio wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:00 am honestly megalon is one of the hardest kaiju to give a more realistic design.
Some designs (Minilla, Gabara, Megalon, Jet Jaguar, even Zone Fighter) are what they are and are better off that way, I feel. It's better to lean into/accept they're in the more outlandish/fantastical category.
Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

JNewbold54 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:22 am Megalon Redesign:
https://www.deviantart.com/hypoem87/art ... -869469722

Well... its not another generic beetle, I'll give it that.
If it wasn't for the color palette and the fact that it's labeled as a Megalon redesign, I probably would have thought it was another insect monster.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns
merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

tbeasley wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:23 pm
merio wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:00 am honestly megalon is one of the hardest kaiju to give a more realistic design.
Some designs (Minilla, Gabara, Megalon, Jet Jaguar, even Zone Fighter) are what they are and are better off that way, I feel. It's better to lean into/accept they're in the more outlandish/fantastical category.
why of course, that is the appeal of them after all. i just think that people trying to make those types of designs more realistic while being recognisable is difficult.

speaking of redesigns for outlandish kaiju, i think this one is a good redesign that gives more insect and realistic traits while still keeping the bipedal stance and sillouhete.

By Virus-91 on deviantart.
Last edited by merio on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
he/him 17
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

merio wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:08 pm
why of course, that is the appeal of them after all. i just think that people trying to make those types of designs more realistic while being recognisable is difficult.

speaking of redesigns for outlandish kaiju, i think this one is a good redesign that gives more insect and realistic traits while still keeping the bipedal stance and sillouhete.

With straighter legs and smoother elbows, that looks great
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:55 pm
merio wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:08 pm

With straighter legs and smoother elbows, that looks great
I'm okay with the legs. It's easy to forget, but Megaton spent a good deal of time in his film hopping around like an idiot. Those legs justify it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Wouldn’t mind a more cricket inspired Megalon.
For Emperor and Empire!
Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

I wouldn't mind that for a Monsterverse Megalon, heck even a future Japanese project. That's a cool Megalon redesign.

Also, one of the artists who worked on KotM, Simon Lee, made a sculpture of Anguirus:

Thought it belonged here since it is a redesign. I think he looks ok I guess, could be better could be worse. The spikes are really big on his back, would prefer them to be smaller and more numerous. His large curved oriental style fang is in the wrong place as well. If this was the real Monsterverse Anguirus I'd be a little mixed on it at first. Thoughts?
Last edited by Gojira95 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Idk if this was posted here yet

A more recent one, but it reminds me of Deviantart 2014-2015 when everyone's Godzilla redesign was a 2014 clone but significantly worse.
Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Looks like a chameleon spliced with 2014 Godzilla.
ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 am Idk if this was posted here yet

A more recent one, but it reminds me of Deviantart 2014-2015 when everyone's Godzilla redesign was a 2014 clone but significantly worse.
He looks like a stacked pile of tires.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I really like that Anguirus. It does a great job of looking like an actual dinosaur, with ankylosaur, stegosaur, and ceratopsian features pretty smoothly combined, while still obviously being Anguirus. Looks tough and dangerous, too.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 am Idk if this was posted here yet

I like this one.
ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

https://www.deviantart.com/acrosaurotau ... -871712319

A pretty cool King Ghidorah in my opinion. Having some nice touches of alien-ness to it, be it the wings, the head/facial area w/ the rather unnaturally gold colouration of it’s body/scales. So all in all, a good take on Godzilla’s nemesis.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

ArtMaker wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:55 am https://www.deviantart.com/acrosaurotau ... -871712319

A pretty cool King Ghidorah in my opinion. Having some nice touches of alien-ness to it, be it the wings, the head/facial area w/ the rather unnaturally gold colouration of it’s body/scales. So all in all, a good take on Godzilla’s nemesis.
Oh I dig this.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:12 am

I like this one.

Its not bad necessarily. Just kinda generic is all.
merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

Mmm.

By 2009mechagodzllla
he/him 17
2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

merio wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:42 am Image

Mmm.

By 2009mechagodzllla
I wouldn't really call it a redesign, it was supposed to be my take on a Legendary Angurius based off of the skeleton that they included in KOTM
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"