The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Watched the sopranos in under a month. Fantastic show.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A Dark Path

This movie sucks! Its a monster movie that runs 74minutes and the monster only shows up at the hour mark! You have to try to fail that hard. Just avoid this boring waste of time.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Watching Titanic for the first time in over two decades on Blu-Ray, now I know why this film won so many awards and is the 3rd highest-grossing movie of all time adjusted for inflation. Such a wonderfully-directed, written and paced film from start to finish even if it is over 3 hours long. I loved watching the development of Dawson and his relationship with Rose, and that ending, powerful stuff, and by that, I mean very sad, I almost cried when I saw this in the theater. And who can forget that iconic score?
Last edited by KManX89 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Into The Spiderverse, finally. Man, what a ride. I like the MCU Spider-Films, but this thing just stomps all over them. It's worth watching a few times for the visuals alone.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio
SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cats (2019).

4/10

RIP Evan.
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:43 pm Cats (2019).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzUJuyXpOQ

4/10
Honestly, I salute you for sitting all through that...thing
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:43 pm Cats (2019).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzUJuyXpOQ

4/10
Dude...How in the skreeonk did you even manage to survive watching that?

Also 4/10? That's not even just being generous.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Got around to watching the Scream trilogy on Blu-Ray. I'll try to keep my thoughts on all 3 as short and sweet as possible.

Scream is, without question, a slasher classic, one of the few genuinely good slasher films, not just fun popcorn entertainment like many/most slashers, but actually good with one of the most memorable openings ever seen in a slasher. It's pacing is top notch and never dulls down for a second and it not only handles comedy, which is in itself a unique feat for a horror-slasher, but it does so in the ballsiest of ways that you can't help but get a good laugh. Sidney is also one of the best horror protagonists you'll ever see, she delivers a killer performance (no pun intended) from start to finish. My only real gripes are Dewey was kind of annoying in this film and Gale wasn't given the attention her character deserved here. All in all, it's near-perfect, which is a rare feat for a slasher.

Scream 2 has Sidney at her best, showing the most personality out of any of the Scream films, which is really saying a lot. It also follows Gale more closely, giving her more depth and screentime from the first movie. She felt more like a reporter trying to make a name for herself and not a background piece like in the first movie. I love that they explored her and Dewey's budding relationship and even Dewey himself is more likable in this. It also does things no other slasher sequel had the balls to do: make a movie reenactment of the first film (which Austin Powers later stole from this movie with Goldmember) and the commentary during film class about how horror sequels are always inferior to the original is comedic gold, though it does have some flaws, mainly how "convenient" some of the kill are, especially at the beginning in the theater. I also hated how, even though I understand and even dig the why:
Spoiler:
the Ghost Face killer conveniently didn't have the wherewithall to make sure Dewey was dead after stabbing him in the school.

Despite these minor gripes, though, it's a good fun time and one of the better horror sequels and slasher sequels especially, which isn't saying much, but still.

3 has the most jaded plot of all the Scream films (albeit for lack of trying, I mean that literally), but it has just enough new ideas to at least hold your attention while sticking with the tongue-in-cheek, movie-within-a-movie approach of Scream 2. Unfortunately, it's bogged down by a myriad of flaws. It starts out promising enough with an early kill/invasion, but then it goes South by killing off a beloved character early on (a la Alien 3 and Terminator Dark Fate), not to mention there's already a bit of a plot hole beforehand with:
Spoiler:
Christine "seeing" the Ghost Face in Cotton's place despite having no PTSD, at least not that I'm aware of (she was never involved in any of the previous Ghost Face kill sprees for that to work).

It does have some things going for it, though. It uses the Stab concept in a unique way by
Spoiler:
not actually having the latest Stab movie begin production, but Sidney, Gale, and Dewey instead find a screenplay which starts a whole new investigation and spree of murders
and the returning cast (Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette) is great, as usual. They even revealed a bunch of new info about Maureen (more than either of the previous films) that I thought was kinda cool. Unfortunately, there's so many plot holes and contrivances (convenient kills) you have to turn your brain off to have any kind of fun with this one. It doesn't help that the kills (the main draw of a slasher film) are a lot more dialed down in this one, mostly offscreen affairs.

PS, prime Courteney Cox gives me the ________ vibes.
Last edited by KManX89 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Great Pretender broke me last night
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 pm Great Pretender broke me last night
Honestly looks pretty good. Is it seriously that bad?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 pm Great Pretender broke me last night
Dare ya to watch The Amazing Bulk. :lol:

Yes that's actually a movie.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:22 pm
Honestly looks pretty good. Is it seriously that bad?
It's not bad. What broke me was the events of Season 2, not the quality of the show. Just watch the entire show and you'll know what I mean.

Added in 22 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Dare ya to watch The Amazing Bulk. :lol:

Yes that's actually a movie.
Trust me, that's on my bucketlist.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:56 pmTrust me, that's on my bucketlist.
Wish you luck surviving. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I just watched ''Wonder Woman 1984'' on HBO Max, it was extremely predictable but I enjoyed it more then the first Wonder Woman. You just knew what she was going to have do and how the film was going to end before the half-way point.

CGI for the Cheetah during the final battle was a little spotty but Kristen Wiig did a fine job playing the character.

That said, if you liked the first you'll probably enjoy this. Oh an btw.....
Spoiler:
She fly's like Superman now. I was honestly waiting for the laser-beam eyes during the final fight
Last edited by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:53 pm I just watched ''Wonder Woman 1984'' on HBO Max, it was extremely predictable but I enjoyed it more then the first Wonder Woman. You just knew what she was going to have do and how the film was going to end before the half-way point.

CGI for the Cheetah during the final battle was a little spotty but Kristen Wiig did a fine job playing the character.

That said, if you liked the first you'll probably enjoy this. Oh an btw.....
Spoiler:
She fly's like Superman now. I was honestly waiting for the laser-beam eyes during the final fight
I just watched it and thought it sucked. Way too long with plot holes and bad dialog galore. It did itself no favors by:
Spoiler:
Having Wonder Woman rape a man.
No way is it as good as the first.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Dracula's Daughter, the direct sequel to 1931's Dracula. I've been wanting to see this movie since the early 2010s and now that I finally watched it, after purchasing the Universal Classic Monsters Complete 30-film Collection, I can say that it's a pretty good movie and a worthy sequel to a horror classic.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Finally got around to watching True Blood on HBO Max, really enjoying it so far. This show really has a unique spin on vampires compared to other vampire shows/movies that I've seen. They have "unique" personalities for sure, and I love it.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Finished watching season 1 of Love, Death + Robots. Kickass anthology about animated adaptations of sci fi short stories. Almost all of the episodes were solid, with 'The Dump' being the only one I actively disliked, and I few that I were 'meh' on.

Standout shorts were :
- Sonnie's Edge
- Beyond the Aquila Rift
- Good Hunting
- Lucky 13
- Sucker of Souls
- Secret War

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I finally got my Howl Beyond the Fog BD in earlier this week so I got around to watching that. I thought it was a really great movie a must watch.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I just got done watching all of the Ringu films for the first time since I bought the Ringu Collection by Arrow Video recently. I watched the first movie some time after Christmas with my mom and sister, but I watched the three other films during the past three days. Spiral wasn't has bad as other say it is, but I do think Ring 2 was better. Ring 0 is my second favorite and that was the one I just watched today.

Also, I watched Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo and it's sequel, Sanjuro for the first time. Yojimbo is the best, obviously, and I could easily see where Sergio Leone got the inspiration for A Fistful of Dollars. Speaking of Kurosawa, I also watched Throne of Blood, Seven Samurai and, watching for the first time ever, the film that inspired George Lucas' Star Wars, The Hidden Fortress recently.

In the last post I made, I said I watched Dracula's Daughter. Well, I also watched The Mummy with Boris Karloff recently and I'm going to watch more of Universal's classic monster movies for the rest of the month.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft