DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am I don't want it if Cavill isn't starring.
Any particular reason? Cavill isn't that good an actor.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Vakanai wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:39 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am I don't want it if Cavill isn't starring.
Because he's the very embodiment of modern Superman. I think he's an awesome actor as well.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 pm
Because he's the very embodiment of modern Superman. I think he's an awesome actor as well.
What if his approach to the character isn't consistent with the story being told, though?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

It's suppose to be a Val Zod or Calvin Ellis Superman.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 45388.html

Val Zod makes more sense, given they just cast Supergirl.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Hey, another shitty Superman movie. Go fig.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Who. In the living skreoonk. Asked for that to happen.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I really don't see him as any of that, but I guess we all see different things with some actors.

Added in 3 minutes 16 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:01 pm It's suppose to be a Val Zod or Calvin Ellis Superman.

Well, that's more the hope since the rumor is they're doing a black Superman. I say hope because it's better than the fear that they'll race-bend Clark Kent.

I'm rooting for Calvin Ellis over Val Zod. If they're doing a heroic Zod relative for their Superman I want the guy from JL: Gods and Monsters.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 pm

I really don't see him as any of that, but I guess we all see different things with some actors.

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:01 pm It's suppose to be a Val Zod or Calvin Ellis Superman.

Well, that's more the hope since the rumor is they're doing a black Superman. I say hope because it's better than the fear that they'll race-bend Clark Kent.

I'm rooting for Calvin Ellis over Val Zod. If they're doing a heroic Zod relative for their Superman I want the guy from JL: Gods and Monsters.
Michael B Jordan said he wouldn't do a race bent Clark Kent so if he's still on the project I have hope. Also Kal El is an alien and technically isn't race bent.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:51 pm
Vakanai wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 pm

Michael B Jordan said he wouldn't do a race bent Clark Kent so if he's still on the project I have hope. Also Kal El is an alien and technically isn't race bent.
That's a big if though - especially if that's a sticking point for WB. Would they rather have Jordan in their movie, or Clark Kent? We'll just have to wait until they announce casting.

Yeah, but he's a white human male passing alien. Whereas Calvin Ellis is a black human male passing alien. Both are Superman, but like with Spider-Man if you're doing a black version I'd rather it be Miles than Peter (Into the Spider-Verse was amazing, although I think the last 3 Spider-People [Peni Parker, Spider-Ham, and Spider-Noir] were more interesting than the main 3...).

I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, but Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle is getting a movie too, which is cool. And of course last year they announced there'll be a Static movie. Looking forward to both of those.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

While I’d personally prefer they not make major changes to long established characters just for the sake of change (or political opinions, or whatever their motivation may be), as long as the movie is good and they still “get” the core of what makes the character THAT character, I’m willing to give it a chance. But I also understand that what makes Batman *Batman* or makes Superman truly Super may be subjective and I may not agree with the creators of a new incarnation. And that’s fine. I don’t have to watch it if I don’t like it.

But I hope whatever direction they take isn’t so radically different or divisive that it creates more fandom rifts, though I suppose that may be inevitable no matter what.

As for Cavill, I’ve voiced my opinion more than once that I think he’s a GREAT Superman and how I’d love to see him given the chance to really shine in the cape. But if it’s a total reboot in a film universe completely divorced of the DCEU I can understand going with a new actor.
The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Justice League:The Snyder Cut.
Mother Box Origins Trailer.

And on this Black Superman deal. No. DC already has access to a hellacool take on the Nubian Man of Steel with the DC Milestone line's own ICON.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/icon/4005-47395/
While I'm not too familiar with the character outside his tussle with Superman in the 1994 crossover between the Milestone Universe ,and the Superman line of books(Man of Steel, Steel, Superboy) WORLDS COLLIDE.
Also Icon and his partner, Rocket, putting in quite a few of appearances in the YOUNG JUSTICE during its run. One would think the powers that be running the DCEU, or Warner Brothers would rather go this way. Also you'd think with Michael B. Jordan's previous turn at playing a character who was white in the funny pages, and how that went with 2015's FANTASTIC FOUR the studio would be a little leery at doing it again.
Last edited by The One and Only on Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

I don't really care that this Superman is gonna be black tbh, especially with it supposedly being Val Zod, I just find it kinda baffling that they'd just leave Cavill's Supes hanging like that and announce yet ANOTHER reboot when his story hasn't wrapped up, especially with MoS2 being teased not too long ago. Your typical bait-and-switch, as it were.

I also find it baffling that WB wouldn't let Gotham officially use the Joker because, according to them, "it would confuse audiences" and they then go and pull this, especially when they already have multiple Batmen in both TV (Batman's in Titans, Gotham and apparently exists in the Arrowverse even if we don't actually see him, little FYI) AND film (one of which just happens to be their movie Batman from 1989) and multiple Jokers running at the same time in the latter. But somehow this is "too confusing", WB? :?

Then again, they have a storied history of nonsensical decisions like spoiling the damn winner in the second GvK trailer, which just happens to be their next mega, fanboys'-wet-dream crossover.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

KManX89 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 am Then again, they have a storied history of nonsensical decisions like spoiling the damn winner in the second GvK trailer, which just happens to be their next mega, fanboys'-wet-dream crossover.
?!

Wow am I glad I didn't watch that trailer, then. How fucking dumb do you have to be...

And I agree that I'd rather see Icon make the big time than black Superman, but the odds of that are nil. Icon is way too obscure, and wouldn't generate a tenth of the media shitstorm black Superman will. Whether it's a good decision for the character is irrelevant for the studio: there will absolutely be money and publicity from a stunt like this.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm with KMan honestly. The offputting this is kinda softened since they're using an official character from the comics and it's not Clark, but Henry Cavill's journe wasn't finished! And he was honestly my favorite version of Superman so far next to Christopher Reeves.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

They didn't spoil who's going to win in GvK lmao
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:28 am They didn't spoil who's going to win in GvK lmao
Even though they
Spoiler:
show Kong knocked out during sunrise when the fight happens at night
yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a spoiler.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KManX89 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:28 am They didn't spoil who's going to win in GvK lmao
Even though they
Spoiler:
That's only a spoiler if you know what's going on.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image
SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:48 pm
KManX89 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm
Even though they
Spoiler:
That's only a spoiler if you know what's going on.
Yeah, like until I was informed about what it actually was going though approvals in GVK thread
Spoiler:
I thought that was him getting knocked on his ass by Mechagodzilla and having a brief "keep fighting" pep talk before getting back in to help Godzilla.

RIP Evan.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

KManX89 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 am I don't really care that this Superman is gonna be black tbh, especially with it supposedly being Val Zod,
Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:22 am I'm with KMan honestly. The offputting this is kinda softened since they're using an official character from the comics and it's not Clark,
There is no "supposedly" going on. We only know it's most likely going to be a black Superman - many fans are hoping it will be and want it to be Val-Zod or Calvin Ellis, but the stronger probability is that they'll change Clark Kent's ethnicity.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:57 am
KManX89 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:02 am I don't really care that this Superman is gonna be black tbh, especially with it supposedly being Val Zod,
Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:22 am I'm with KMan honestly. The offputting this is kinda softened since they're using an official character from the comics and it's not Clark,
There is no "supposedly" going on. We only know it's most likely going to be a black Superman - many fans are hoping it will be and want it to be Val-Zod or Calvin Ellis, but the stronger probability is that they'll change Clark Kent's ethnicity.
Clark is going to be the TV Superman. DC TV and DC films are now the same team.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image