Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Rest in Peace, Sean Connery.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Always sucks when we loose someone so important to Hollywood. R.I.P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It might be Connery's worst 007 film (and the one with his least interesting performance) but I'd recommend You Only Live Twice to anyone here simply because of its ties to Toho and the Godzilla series. It's the movie where Bond goes to Japan and works with Tetsuro Tanba and gets involved with Akiko Wakabayashi and Mie Hama. Toho lent sound stages (not to mention actors) to the production and receives thanks in the credits.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Terasawa wrote:It might be Connery's worst 007 film (and the one with his least interesting performance) but I'd recommend You Only Live Twice to anyone here simply because of its ties to Toho and the Godzilla series. It's the movie where Bond goes to Japan and works with Tetsuro Tanba and gets involved with Akiko Wakabayashi and Mie Hama. Toho lent sound stages (not to mention actors) to the production and receives thanks in the credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KpMLuWeRh4
YOLT was the first Bond I saw, so I think it'll always be my favorite, just because of the Japan setting.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

An absolute fucking legend. While Bond will always be near and dear to my heart, I figured I'd bring attention to the three collaborations between Connery and Sidney Lumet - The Hill, The Anderson Tapes and The Offence. All three show how diverse an actor he really was, particularly The Hill, which was released the same year as Thunderball.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

TCM shows The Hill pretty often, and yeah that's a great movie.

I remember liking The Anderson Tapes (terrific cast, too) but I'd be hard pressed to remember anything specific about it. I think his best and most versatile performances came in the '70s, in a string of really good movies including Murder on the Orient Express, The Wind and the Lion, The Man Who Would Be King, The First Great Train Robbery...

And there's Zardoz.

But also shout-out to The Hell Drivers, which he had a small pre-007 part in. Cool movie but more than anything the cast is incredible.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Terasawa wrote:But also shout-out to The Hell Drivers, which he had a small pre-007 part in. Cool movie but more than anything the cast is incredible.
Oh, I love Hell Drivers, largely because I'm a big fan of Patrick McGoohan. But there's also Stanley Baker, Herbert Lom, Connery, William Hartnell (the First Doctor), David McCallum and Sid James.

I feel Hell Drivers would make for a great double-bill with Fukuda's The Merciless Trap (Both "kitchen sink" movies involving truckers). And funnily enough, I also feel The Hill would be great paired with Okamoto's Fort Graveyard (Both gritty monochrome war movies from 1965).
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

John Sessions, one of the regulars in the original Whose Line Is It Anyway. Variety.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Alex Trebek has finally passed. The beloved host of Jeopardy has passed after several years of battling cancer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 25564/amp/
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Fuck cancer.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

There was a news outlet or two mentioning how he wasn't doing so well, but I didn't think it was that bad. He will be missed :(
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock
Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:48 am Alex Trebek has finally passed. The beloved host of Jeopardy has passed after several years of battling cancer.

Oh no! I actually thought he died last month, but i was hoping he wouldn't actually pass on for a while. :( R.I.P man.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:08 am
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:48 am Alex Trebek has finally passed. The beloved host of Jeopardy has passed after several years of battling cancer.

Oh no! I actually thought he died last month, but i was hoping he wouldn't actually pass on for a while. :( R.I.P man.
I remember seeing his announcement on Jeopardy, sad to see it's finally happened. I really liked Jeopardy, and he had a great voice for an announcer/host. Mondays at 7 won't be the same anymore.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 amFuck cancer.
Seriously. Not that I want anyone to get it but I can understand when something long living such as humans get it, longer you live the more likely something is gonna go wrong when cells divide, but then you have cats and dogs get it and I'm like that's not fucking fair, they're lives are already short.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ken Spears, the other co-creator of Scooby-Doo, has also passed. He was 82.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... dies-at-82
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Terasawa wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:43 pm TCM shows The Hill pretty often, and yeah that's a great movie.

I remember liking The Anderson Tapes (terrific cast, too) but I'd be hard pressed to remember anything specific about it. I think his best and most versatile performances came in the '70s, in a string of really good movies including Murder on the Orient Express, The Wind and the Lion, The Man Who Would Be King, The First Great Train Robbery...

And there's Zardoz.

But also shout-out to The Hell Drivers, which he had a small pre-007 part in. Cool movie but more than anything the cast is incredible.
And don't forget Robin and Marian, the Robin Hood version of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns!

And Zardoz is that terrible, huh?
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Can't forget his cameo as King Richard in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Beloved voice actor Kirby Marrow who voice many beloved characters from Goku in the Ocean dub of the Majin Buu saga, Miroku in Inuyasha, and Trowa from Gundam Wing has died at the age of 47.

Aw man that sucks. I absolutely loved him as Miroku. All this just as the new Inuyasha series dropped. I can't imagine any other English voice actor in the role.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:28 pm Beloved voice actor Kirby Marrow who voice many beloved characters from Goku in the Ocean dub of the Majin Buu saga, Miroku in Inuyasha, and Trowa from Gundam Wing has died at the age of 47.

Aw man that sucks. I absolutely loved him as Miroku. All this just as the new Inuyasha series dropped. I can't imagine any other English voice actor in the role.
Why did he die?
BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:28 pm Beloved voice actor Kirby Marrow who voice many beloved characters from Goku in the Ocean dub of the Majin Buu saga, Miroku in Inuyasha, and Trowa from Gundam Wing has died at the age of 47.

Weird timing, I just got done re-watching the Gundam Wing series and Endless Waltz movie.